PDA

View Full Version : Extenders or new onesies?

crl
12-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Dd is outgrowing her 24 month onesies by length. They are necessary to prevent diaper access (yuck!). Should I try extenders? The reviews seem mixed and I can't tell if they will work with the brand of onesies we have (spa silk). I also am concerned that making the leg holes bigger by using the extenders will make it too easy for dd to get her little hands inside the diaper (again, yuck!).

But it seems Hanna is the only source for short sleeve 3T onesies? So expensive. Sigh. Anyone come across any at the outlets?

WWYD? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Catherine

ourbabygirl
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
I had the same problem early on because DD was in the high 90th percentile for height so she outgrew the size 24 month Carter's onesies (the biggest size I could find). I bought her the extenders from One Step Ahead, and since they have different snap styles in them, they worked fine and now I've used them a bit for DS, as well. A bit pricey for what you get (I think they were around $12 or $15 + shipping), but they have worked. :)

mommytoC
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Catherine, I have 3 HA ones (2 white, 1 pink) sitting in DD#2's drawer that I don't anticipate using (we used them as pjs for DD#1 one hot IA summer, but haven't needed them here in WI). I would be happy to send them to you, to help prevent the yuck :)...just send me a pm.

Momit
12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
We have a gigantic pile of Gerber brand white shortsleeve onesies that say they are size XL for 35-45 lbs. I have no idea where they came from -we got them from a friend with a whole bunch of other clothes. They're more like an undershirt, not something you would wear by itself.

ETA Do you want them? We aren't using them.