PDA

View Full Version : Britax Blvd 70 v. Booster - Fit Question

pnwtransplant
12-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Just curious if anyone else has run into the issue that the harness straps have reached the end of their length/capacity when their child is still within the acceptable posted limits (e.g. cutting into shoulders, nearly impossible to buckle, etc.)? I forple checked the manufacturer's website to make sure we were still good, but trying to buckle our daughter into her (less than a year old) seat has become such a struggle, I am seriously considering bumping her to a booster.

Height: 43.5"
Weight: 52#
Shoulder Height: 15.5"

Britax says she could still even fit into their Marathon, which is not true b/c she blew out of that last spring (hence the upgrade to the Blvd 70, which I thought would last us at least a little while). I realize that winter is a tough time of year, dealing with coats/bulk, etc., and know all the appropriate advice about not buckling over anything save a shirt (honestly, does anyone really do this, especially when it's below freezing?) I am adamant, however, about not giving up the 5-point harness until absolutely necessary, but am a bit aghast at dropping another large sum so soon. If you have had similar experiences and/or have any advice, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks!

legaleagle
12-13-2011, 11:39 PM
I believe britax has longer harness straps available, and maybe also longer crotch straps. Maybe give them a call - they have excellent CS.

o_mom
12-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Are her shoulders over the highest strap setting? If so, a longer harness won't really help and she has outgrown the seat.

If not, and Britax can get you a longer harness, that will help for now, but honestly, at that size (she's the size of my 8 yo), you need to invest in a larger seat anyway. The Boulevard is not any bigger than the Marathon, so I'm surprised she even made it a year longer. I would look at the Britax Frontier which is a much larger seat and will at least get you to a more appropriate booster age (usually age 5-6). I know it sucks to buy another seat so soon, but growth is unpredictable and maybe you can find a friend or relative who would like your Boulevard.