PDA

View Full Version : instant snow / grow snow

Tondi G
12-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Has anyone seen these in a B&M store? I bought something similar last year at Cost Plus for my boys stockings and DS2 hasn't stopped talking about how he hopes Santa puts the snow tube in his stocking again this year.

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Amazing-Toys-Grow-Snow/dp/B000BNB0VY

thanks

mypa
12-14-2011, 01:46 AM
That looks so cool! My kids would love that. How much did you get it for from Cost Plus last year?

lcarlson90
12-14-2011, 01:52 AM
I saw these at Target in the stocking stuffer section. I almost bought it but I thought it looked like it might not really work. They also had some mento's rocket tube.

Tondi G
12-14-2011, 02:12 AM
I saw these at Target in the stocking stuffer section. I almost bought it but I thought it looked like it might not really work. They also had some mento's rocket tube.

darn I searched my Target stocking stuffer section last week. I saw the Mento's tubes but no grow snow. I think I have to head back to Target tomorrow and see if they are hiding somewhere. Thanks!

Tondi G
12-14-2011, 02:13 AM
That looks so cool! My kids would love that. How much did you get it for from Cost Plus last year?

I am pretty sure they were less than $5 ... not 100% sure though.

Kungjo
12-14-2011, 03:44 AM
We picked one up at the Target stocking stuffer section. It was grouped together with the mento rockets.

Chylynn
12-14-2011, 07:16 AM
I am so getting this for my daughters for Christmas morning. Thanks!!

WitMom
12-14-2011, 07:24 AM
If you want to do a "homemade" version of grow-snow.....

At girl scout camp this past summer, DD came home with insta-snow. She was all excited and said "guess what it is!" I couldn't, so she told me. They cut open disposable diapers and took out the gel stuff (or whatever it is) inside. Add water....voila. Instant snow.

anonomom
12-14-2011, 09:40 AM
If you have a Brilliant Sky Toys franchise near you, i have seen it there.

logan's mom
12-14-2011, 09:48 AM
You can re"use" your grow-snow through out the year. Just spread it out in a pan and let it dry back out.

If you are going to use "homemade" grow-snow, it is best to use a cheap diaper. (more expensive diapers use chemicals that absorb without getting fluffy)

You can also find it in craft stores...Michaels Hobby Lobby etc.

bandgsmama
12-14-2011, 09:52 AM
our dollar tree also had this stuff!

spanannie
12-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Not grow snow, but I have to say my kids received the grow Christmas tree on St. Nick's day and it was a HUGE hit. I purchased it at Learning Express. I found regular grow trees at Lakeshore for around $3 and they are going in the stocking.

Puddy73
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Cool! I'm going to look for a bucket of this stuff. All three of my DC asked Santa for one thing: snow. We live in Savannah, Georgia, so it is not likely to happen naturally and I've been looking for some fake snow. OP, I'll post if I find it at a B&M store.

Seitvonzu
12-14-2011, 11:10 AM
we used a whole "bucket" of this stuff for our playdate at the end of november... i premixed it but half the fun was watching it grow. i picked it up at the end of the season at joanns fabric last season. it was their "store" brand, but the same stuff. it came with a whole pamphlet of science experiments to do-- would be AWESOME for homeschoolers i thought, as i dumped the whole thing into a flat steralite for the kids to just PLAY

i saw the tubes at DOLLAR TREE-- so, for a dollar :) picked up three- 2 to send to my neice/nephew and one to send to a friend. we still have a bucket of the stuff, and a steralite outside (that i probably should check on) full of it.

really fun!

bandgsmama
12-14-2011, 11:24 AM
If you want to do a "homemade" version of grow-snow.....

At girl scout camp this past summer, DD came home with insta-snow. She was all excited and said "guess what it is!" I couldn't, so she told me. They cut open disposable diapers and took out the gel stuff (or whatever it is) inside. Add water....voila. Instant snow.

had no clue! this is what my son asked santa for waay back in july. may have to buy some cheapie dipes so he can have lots o snow! thanks for sharing!

misshollygolightly
12-14-2011, 11:36 AM
My local education/teachers supply store sells this.

mrshalco
12-14-2011, 01:13 PM
I picked some up at our local Christmas Tree Shop for 1.00 a can. All the cousins are getting one because it was such a huge hit here last year with my boys!

debbo
12-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Dollar Tree has snow growing kits. Just gave them out as party favors at my son's science b-day party.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
If have plenty of real snow you can have! ;)