PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions of the SkipHop Versa bag

ckso
12-15-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking of putting the Versa bag as my christmas wish list but I need to decide today so I don't have time to see it in a store.

Does anyone have or seen this bag and wouldn't mind sharing what you think of it?

What's the material like?

I'm really interested in the Cream Link color but not knowing what the material is like, will it get crazy dirty really fast? Is it hard to clean?

TIA.

lhafer
12-15-2011, 07:11 PM
There are several Versa reviews with pics if you search for them. I have one in black and LOVE it. I don't find it hard to clean, but again, mine's black so I don't have to do that often. It holds everything I need and then some if needed. LOVE LOVE LOVE the adjustable shoulder strap. It holds my stuff, both my girls' stuff (ages 5.5yrs and 21 months), snacks, drinks, etc. I have been carrying it around daily for almost 2 years now. Still looks good. I am not careful with my bags, at all. I throw them around, squish them where ever they will fit. I have almost all the Skip Hop bags, and this is by far my absolute favorite.

I have (or have had) the:
- Dash Deluxe - not quite big enough
- Studio Tote - too big for my needs, and I HATED the shoulder straps.
- Versa - my absolute love of a bag
- Via Backpack - very useful for all day outings. I got this back when I had the Dash Deluxe and needed a bigger bag for all day outings. Since getting the Versa, I rarely use the backpack anymore.
- Saddle bag - I keep in the car with extra change of clothes
- Pronto - I keep in the car for diaper changes when out and about
- The Outdoor blanket - love this, and keep it in the car. It has come in very handy on several occasions.

artvandalay
12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
I have a black Versa. I've used it daily since May when it was purchased. I am really happy with it, however, the small zipper on the top (where I store my cell phone) just broke. I think the zippers are decent quality, but I don't think the material surrounding the zippers are the best quality.

I like how lightweight the bag is, it has a "silky" feel to it. I wonder if they chose the materials so that it would be lightweight? I wear it cross-body when I"m out and about, and just sling it over the handles of my stroller (I never use the stroller clips).

It functions really well. The black does not show any dirt (as lhafer mentioned). It really does look brand new (well, except for a broken zipper).

I can store everything I need in it. I love the look of this bag, because it does not scream "diaper bag". I like the two zippers in the front of the bag, I usually store my keys in one, pacifier or small toy in the other. I put my small water bottle in the front pouch and a sippy in the other. The blue lining is really nice... makes it easy to find things.

The only two things I don't like and I think they should improve: I find the material used for the strap kind of "scratchy" against my skin in the summer. It needs some sort of pad. I think I will try and find some sort of messenger bag pad that I can put on it.

The other is that I think it could be made with better materials surrounding the zippers. The zipper at the back (that holds the diaper pad) hasn't broken, but it feels a little cheap. The 2 zippers on the front of the bag seem to be fine.

I called their CS and they were super helpful. They asked me to send them a pic of the bag and all my info, they are supposed to get back to me whether or not they will send me a new bag.

My few gripes aside, I would definitely repurchase this bag. After 3 kids, I've had many diapers bags and this is the best one I've ever had. Oh, I really like the blue lining inside... makes it easy to find things.

ETA: I, too had the Studio (didn't like it at all) and the messenger one with the magnetic flap... forgot the name? Hated it, returned it.

lhafer
12-15-2011, 08:39 PM
I have a black Versa. I've used it daily since May when it was purchased. I am really happy with it, however, the small zipper on the top (where I store my cell phone) just broke. I think the zippers are decent quality, but I don't think the material surrounding the zippers are the best quality.

I like how lightweight the bag is, it has a "silky" feel to it. I wonder if they chose the materials so that it would be lightweight? I wear it cross-body when I"m out and about, and just sling it over the handles of my stroller (I never use the stroller clips).

It functions really well. The black does not show any dirt (as lhafer mentioned). It really does look brand new (well, except for a broken zipper).

I can store everything I need in it. I love the look of this bag, because it does not scream "diaper bag". I like the two zippers in the front of the bag, I usually store my keys in one, pacifier or small toy in the other. I put my small water bottle in the front pouch and a sippy in the other. The blue lining is really nice... makes it easy to find things.

The only two things I don't like and I think they should improve: I find the material used for the strap kind of "scratchy" against my skin in the summer. It needs some sort of pad. I think I will try and find some sort of messenger bag pad that I can put on it.

The other is that I think it could be made with better materials surrounding the zippers. The zipper at the back (that holds the diaper pad) hasn't broken, but it feels a little cheap. The 2 zippers on the front of the bag seem to be fine.

I called their CS and they were super helpful. They asked me to send them a pic of the bag and all my info, they are supposed to get back to me whether or not they will send me a new bag.

My few gripes aside, I would definitely repurchase this bag. After 3 kids, I've had many diapers bags and this is the best one I've ever had. Oh, I really like the blue lining inside... makes it easy to find things.

ETA: I, too had the Studio (didn't like it at all) and the messenger one with the magnetic flap... forgot the name? Hated it, returned it.

The Duo? Yeah - I didn't want the magnetic closure so I skipped that one.

One the Dash that I had, the inner lining pocket at the top ripped one day severely. I contacted their CS, sent them photos, and they sent me a brand new bag!! Love their CS. I ended up selling it in the end for the Versa, but was glad they replaced the bag with no issues or squabbles.

artvandalay
12-15-2011, 09:10 PM
The Duo? Yeah - I didn't want the magnetic closure so I skipped that one.

One the Dash that I had, the inner lining pocket at the top ripped one day severely. I contacted their CS, sent them photos, and they sent me a brand new bag!! Love their CS. I ended up selling it in the end for the Versa, but was glad they replaced the bag with no issues or squabbles.

I just looked it up. It was the Dash Deluxe. I don't get the love for this bag at all! I couldn't put anything in it! As soon as I put anything in the front pockets the stupid magnetic flap would pop open and it always looked very sloppy. It would sometimes fall over and all the baby stuff would spill out of it.

It looks cute, but it is not functional IMO.

Oh, and totally agree their CS is great! I spoke to a live person right away, she was really apologetic and helpful. I hope I get my new Versa soon!

lhafer
12-16-2011, 07:40 AM
I didn't mind the Dash because the flap went over the top of the bag. I didn't like the Duo because it just closed at the top with a magnet. I never had issues with my Dash. I did find it a little too small, and I wasn't just loving it, so I tried a couple of other bags until the Versa changed that for me.

Melaine
12-16-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm getting one for Christmas, but I haven't seen them IRL. I'm excited!

strollerqueen
01-09-2012, 02:45 AM

Hey, mine broke, too! Same thing, same one. What ever happened with yours?