PDA

View Full Version : Stonz booties? Anyone tried these?

sunnyside
12-16-2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.stonzwear.com

I"m looking for rainwear for my 17 month old now that we live in Portland, OR and these were recommended. She's pretty active though and I worry that she needs a "real" boot.

mikeys_mom
12-16-2011, 04:30 PM
A few of my friends have bought them. Most people say they are best until 18-24 months and then a regular boot is better. But, people around here use them more for snow than rain. I think it depends on how much your 17-month old walks around outside. If you are just talking about minor walking when it rains, I think they are ok. If you will need them everyday, might not be ideal.

crl
12-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Is she walking? My dd is 20 months and has been walking for a good while now. She can manage to walk in regular rain boots and has been for several months. (Her rain boots are actually her first choice of footwear these days.)

Catherine

sunnyside
12-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks everyone! She does walk (and run and jump and crawl). I'm thinking maybe regular rain boots are better. We need them for going outside at daycare in Portland. It would be in the rain more than the snow. It gets fairly cold though and I was thinking they'd be warmer than regular rain boots... I guess I need to look for warm rain boots.

crl
12-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Wool socks and regular rain boots is my suggestions.

Catherine

sunnyside
12-18-2011, 07:03 PM
That sounds good. I guess they're only outside half an hour twice a day...

mikeys_mom
12-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks everyone! She does walk (and run and jump and crawl). I'm thinking maybe regular rain boots are better. We need them for going outside at daycare in Portland. It would be in the rain more than the snow. It gets fairly cold though and I was thinking they'd be warmer than regular rain boots... I guess I need to look for warm rain boots.

For that type of wear, I agree with the PP to go with regular rain boots and warm socks. You'd need to get the fleece inserts for the Stonz anyways if you are concerned about warmth. The booties themselves are basically just very durable nylon-type material that you put on over regular shoes.