PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland branded workout pants

brittone2
12-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Not exactly a fashionista item, but I noticed these today at my costco. Any feedback on them? I remember bubbaray saying she liked a certain brand costco carried but my store never had them (not sure if they were available in the US at all).

THey are only 19.99 but I was wondering if I should even bother. I could use some new exercise/lounge stuff.

nupe
12-17-2011, 09:20 PM
I can tell you the brand carried CURRENTLY by costo in canada is Tuff. THey also were carried by US costco's last year. On their fb page Tuff said they didn't get an order from US costco for this season. :(

Based on my travels to Canada this summer, I found the Tuff from Canada was made in Canada, whereas the TUff I bought last year in the US was made in China. Hmmm. I've been thinking I need to write a letter to Costco to request more Tuff, but I just stocked up on on Athleta...

http://www.coapparel.ca/tuff_athletics.php

Info about the Tuff brand and the company and their multiple brands
http://www.costcoconnection.ca/connectioncaeng/20110102#pg23

Interesting blog post here comparing lulu and tuff:
http://luluaddict.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-is-relationship-between-tuff.html

Very curious about the pants you found. Are they matte or shiny? What fiber?

PS Love my costco canada supplex tanks and LS shirts!! Can't beat the price with a stick!

brittone2
12-17-2011, 09:30 PM
I just read the one link you provided (to the blog discussing the topic) before coming and seeing your response. Hot topic there LOL.

THey were labeled kirkland. I was thinking of the Tuff stuff...I think that's the brand bubbaray referenced. I've never seen it IRL at a costco however.

I honestly don't remember much about the pants I saw other than a colored fold over waistband and that they were "reversible" supposedly?

I think I was hoping these were the mysterious Tuff pants but alas, it seems that is not the case. Maybe I'll try them anyway and see how they hold up.

eta: thanks for the helpful info. Will read the other links.

tarnator
12-18-2011, 12:11 AM
I have returned a few Tuff items to Costco. Someone in that above thread mentioned that they retain odor.....and they did! Even after a wash.....ewwww. They are workout gear and you are supposed to sweat in them, but I had actually just used a jacket at work and the smell was horrible. :tongue5:

That was a couple of years ago, and I haven't tried them again since. I did have one tank that I kept since it didn't seem to have the odor problem.

DrSally
12-18-2011, 01:47 AM
I was going to ask about them too. They are clearly Kirkland brand, but look ver similar to the Tuffs they had last year. I like that they come in short. They seem a little thick/stiff, but maybe that's a good thing. i wish I could try on before buying!

brittone2
12-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I was going to ask about them too. They are clearly Kirkland brand, but look ver similar to the Tuffs they had last year. I like that they come in short. They seem a little thick/stiff, but maybe that's a good thing. i wish I could try on before buying!
Yeah, the length options were one reason they caught my attention. Not really into having to have workout pants hemmed, kwim? I can find ones that work for me (i'm 5'3" or so and kind of in between petite and regular lengths many times, so options are good).

I don't want stinky though!! :barf:

AnnieW625
12-19-2011, 02:44 PM
My Tuff pants never stunk. Bummer that there will be no Tuff at Costco this year. I'll have to look for the Kirkland stuff next time I go this week.

g-mama
12-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I have a Tuff athletic jacket bought last year at Costco that is my all time favorite. I have been looking ever since to pick one up in another color or for anything else made by Tuff but to no avail.

No stinky over here.

mikeys_mom
12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
I have tons of Tuff Athletics stuff from Canadian Costco. I have never had any issues with quality. I've had my workout pants for a few years and run on the treadmill a few times a week. They are still in great shape and don't smell at all. The jacket I am wearing today says Made in China but my pants are all Made in Canada. I don't have any of their shirts.

Smillow
12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
I just bought 2 pair of the Kirkland brand pants this morning - I got talls & they are probably a 34" inseam (I like a 33" inseam). Of course after reading the other thread I am all worried about VPL & crotch sweat!

brittone2
12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
I just bought 2 pair of the Kirkland brand pants this morning - I got talls & they are probably a 34" inseam (I like a 33" inseam). Of course after reading the other thread I am all worried about VPL & crotch sweat!
Good to know not everyone finds the Tuff products stinky. I still am not sure if the Kirkland ones are or aren't Tuff brand (I think someone posted the FB discussion where they say no, but I don't know if they are legally bound to deny if the product is labeled "kirkland" kwim?).

In any case, let me know how you like them once you wear them a few times, if you don't mind.

nupe
12-19-2011, 09:12 PM
I haven't had stinky with my tuff!

AnnieW625
12-22-2011, 02:40 AM
I think these are Lululemons. I say this because they feel exactly the same, they are sized the same, and the colors are very similar to the Lululemon colors, ESP. the black ones. The tag is exactly the same as a LLM tag, and like LLM they are also reversible. The pants are made in Lesotho vs. the LLM sports bra I have is made in Vietnam. They are also both 87% percent nylon, and 13% spandex. I am going to wear mine tomorrow so we'll see how they wear.

ellies mom
12-22-2011, 03:41 AM
I just saw them today. My Costco has the pants, a jacket and a racer back tank top.

The jacket is really sharp looking but I'm most excited about the tank top because it doesn't have a built-in bra. I hate the built-in bras but there seems to be an obsession with putting them in tanks.

bcafe
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
If they are the same pants that I bought, they are reversible and have a decent slit "pocket" in the waistband. I love them! They are thick, comfy, and don't pill. My pants are the cropped version and I bought them over the summer for $9.99!

DrSally
12-22-2011, 05:42 PM
I think these are Lululemons. I say this because they feel exactly the same, they are sized the same, and the colors are very similar to the Lululemon colors, ESP. the black ones. The tag is exactly the same as a LLM tag, and like LLM they are also reversible. The pants are made in Lesotho vs. the LLM sports bra I have is made in Vietnam. They are also both 87% percent nylon, and 13% spandex. I am going to wear mine tomorrow so we'll see how they wear.

Wow, maybe it's worth it for me to get some and try. I can always return I guess.

DebbieJ
12-22-2011, 07:08 PM
I saw them and they looked just like the Tuff ones I have, down to the key pocket in the waistband.

They are reversible when you remove the tag. :)

brittone2
12-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the input. I think i'll pick up 2 pairs.

SnuggleBuggles
12-23-2011, 12:00 AM
I grabbed a pair of pants today. I'd been waiting for the Tuffs' b/c I didn't buy enough last year. Wish the pants were cropped but still glad to get some. I'll probably grab a jacket too. I had good results with my Tuffs.

SnuggleBuggles
12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
:( I am 5'2" and they are too long. Like, if I went running in them, 1-2" would be dragging on the ground.

brittone2
12-26-2011, 08:07 PM
:( I am 5'2" and they are too long. Like, if I went running in them, 1-2" would be dragging on the ground.

Did yours come in lengths? My store had short, reg. and long IIRC. Haven't been there since the OP. I'm about 5'3" but have longish legs for my height, so sometimes short is too short and regular is too long.

SnuggleBuggles
12-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Yep, I bought medium-short. eta- I wouldn't say I have short legs either. They are obviously on the short size since I am short but I'm pretty proportional. I considered a small-short but I don't think it would help the length enough.

Smillow
12-26-2011, 09:17 PM
I went back and bought the regular length & they are perfect on me. I am 5'8" and prefer a 33" inseam on my jeans. I bought the XL.

brittone2
12-26-2011, 09:58 PM
I went back and bought the regular length & they are perfect on me. I am 5'8" and prefer a 33" inseam on my jeans. I bought the XL.
So I'm guessing I would need a short and it might still be long on me, like on snugglebuggles.

Thanks for the info!

AnnieW625
12-28-2011, 02:32 PM
I am 5'6, but have 31" legs and the regulars were fine on me. I had the same issue with Lululemon the sales lady thought I would need a tall, but was fine with a regular.

The material on these is different than the Tuffs, these feel thicker. I ended up buying two pairs. I did try the tank top in a large and it was too big, but most mediums are too small so I'll probably pass on the tank, although I do love that it doesn't have a shelf bra.

KDsMommy
12-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Oh I need to look for these!

MichelleRC
12-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Ugh, the ones I bought yesterday are going back. The shorts are much too long.

brittone2
12-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Ugh, the ones I bought yesterday are going back. The shorts are much too long.

Bummer. I'm thinking this will probably happen to me. I still haven't gotten back to the store to pick some up and try them.

octmom
12-31-2011, 03:35 PM
The medium short has a 30 inch inseam (according to the tag) and the medium regular has a 31.5 inch inseam. I'm between 5'4" and 5'5" and bought the medium short even though I don't have short legs. The length seems to be just right, but I probably won't put them in the dryer. I probably could have bought the medium regular and been OK, but I was worried they would be too long after reading this thread. I was OOT and there is no Costco here, so I had to grab them while I had the chance.

cuca_
12-31-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm 5'6" and the regular length work for me. I got two pairs and love them. Thanks for the recommendation!

KDsMommy
12-31-2011, 05:45 PM
I got medium regulars, love them! I also got a pair of Adidas Boost running shoes for $39.99. they're really cute in charcoal and aqua.

baileygirl
12-31-2011, 06:12 PM
I really like these pants! I wanted to mention that at the 2 Costcos I went to, some of the sizes (especially in reg length) were already gone. I have no clue if they will be restocking or not.

DrSally
01-01-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm 5'4" with shorter legs, and the med short was too long for me.

brittone2
01-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I bought 2 prs of short smalls last night and I think the length is going to be okay on me. I'm between 5'2" and 5'3" and have longer legs/shorter torso. Hopefully they won't develop any dreaded stink LOL.

I didn't really get to look at the tops but probably will in the future.

SnuggleBuggles
01-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Maybe I should try some smalls too. Thanks for the update!

KDsMommy
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm going back for another pair before they're gone. :love5:

I didn't see the tops at my Costco.

baymom
01-03-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm returning mine this afternoon. The pants fit great but I think they are way too flared at the bottom. The jacket is very flattering, though, and I'm keeping it!

nupe
01-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Costco connection Jan 2012 blurb on the Kirkland yoga clothes:
http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201201/?pg=85&pm=2&u1=friend

I picked up medium short, and they were too big for me. They fit a couple inches shorter than my Athelta pants, that are "regular" not petite, since I tried them both on back to back for comparison. In athleta pants I were small/regular height. I'm going back for Kirkland small, regular height. I liked the material. I may pick up a jacket too.

The seams seem very sturdy. I like the ankle flare styling of the pants (since I won't be cycling) and don't think the flare will interfere with say step classes. I also like the YKK zippers. I actually check things like that in the store. For example I tried on $300+ heavy wool winter coats at Talbots back in Nov, and some of the styles zipped, nice feature I thought, until I checked the zipper brand, which was not YKK. Sorry Talbots, you've gone downhill, I'm not buying a big old winter coat from you if you go cheap on these details, and I'm probalby not shopping you for $25 LS shirts now either.

newg
01-03-2012, 09:09 PM
My friend has these pants in their Long length......she loves them and has been wearing them for over a week now during our workouts (though I'm sure she's washing them ;))

While I'm running next to her I don't smell any stink!
I think I may be going to costco to get myself a pair :)

ilfaith
01-13-2012, 10:30 AM
I bought these in a small short this week and they really didn't work for me. I wanted to like them, but they were too long (I am 5'2", with stumpy legs) and just too big overall (I typically wear size 0/2). The jacket is also a little long in the sleeves and I am debating whether to hang onto it.

AnnieW625
01-15-2012, 01:47 PM
I should add that I accidentally put a pair of these through the dryer on medium and they didn't shrink!

nupe
01-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I should add that I accidentally put a pair of these through the dryer on medium and they didn't shrink!

So good to know!