PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have LE Canvas jeans?

crl
12-18-2011, 01:05 AM
With the 40 percent off code the prices are pretty good. I was wondering how they fit? I have a small waist and big thighs so my best bet is usually a "curvy" fit. . . . Not sure if any of these would fit me.

Thanks!
Catherine

ETA. Looking particularly at these: http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/PolishedDenimTrousers~227199_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::RND&CM_MERCH=IDX_Sale-_-Women&origin=index

ChristinaLucia
12-18-2011, 01:21 AM
I have a similar body type and love my LE Canvas jeans. It isn't the same style so I can't comment on those, but the ones I have I loved so much I purchased 6 pairs. In fact I was trying to see if they still had them because I would order some more. Obsessed with the fit.

crl
12-18-2011, 01:40 AM
I have a similar body type and love my LE Canvas jeans. It isn't the same style so I can't comment on those, but the ones I have I loved so much I purchased 6 pairs. In fact I was trying to see if they still had them because I would order some more. Obsessed with the fit.

And do they still have them? Which ones?

I threw the pair I linked above in my cart (in a smaller than usual size based on the reviews) along with a slim pair, but I'm not ordering until tomorrow. I already placed one order today and I know dh is interested in ordering too so I am putting things in my cart tonight and deciding tomorrow. I figure anything that gets sold out, I wasn't meant to have. :ROTFLMAO:

Catherine

DrSally
12-18-2011, 01:41 AM
No, b/c they don't carry petites.

crl
12-18-2011, 01:44 AM

Well that sucks. At these prices you could hem, right? I'm thinking I will have to even though I am 5'7". I usually do since everyone decided that jeans are meant to worn with heels.

Catherine

DrSally
12-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Yep, thought about hemming, but have not been sure about the rise. It looks a little low for me, but IDk since I've never tried them on.

mypa
12-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Yep, thought about hemming, but have not been sure about the rise. It looks a little low for me, but IDk since I've never tried them on.

I never considered trying Canvas pants for the same reason, being too low rise, but I got some pairs on sale recently and I was really surprised that they fit like regular rise pants, even though the description says low rise. Some of the reviews even said this years version seem to be higher rise than last years so you may want to give them a try. I just ordered some bootcut cords. I'm short so I get all my pants hemmed (by my mom) or hem them myself if it's simple.

pb&j
12-18-2011, 05:35 PM
:yeahthat:

Spending time and $$ to hem totally defeats the purpose of an awesome sale.

It surprises me a little that Canvas doesn't have petites/free hemming because LE has that on so many styles of pants and jeans.

viba424
12-19-2011, 01:16 AM
I wonder how low they are actually...I simply hate low rise. I feel like I have to hike them up constantly. Tempted by the good reviews

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-389857_XP.html?amp;CM_MERCH=REC-_-CVPP-_-GGT-_-2-_-389857-_-389853