PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tree sales? planning ahead :)

Globetrotter
12-18-2011, 01:22 AM
I need to get a new, larger tree for next year! LED lights on it, etc…

Who has good sales of quality trees post-Christmas?

Jo..
12-18-2011, 01:34 AM
We have had the same tree for the past 6-7 years..It was a post-holiday deal at 85% off retail and is pretty nice...stilll...

I am watching too!

My pre-lit tree is okay, easy, and mess-free... and was a great bargain...but if I see a post-Christmas STEAL on another that is bigger/better/more realistic...I have DH's permission to buy!

I want the mother of all fake trees...something pre-lit in white that looks completely real...and retails for over $1000. I want to nab this tree at $100-$200.

The last tree I got cost around $45, marked down from $300. But I am ready for something much better.

jvs195
12-18-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm with you both. I wait each year and the one year I found the best deal I was out of $$ and waited too long. I have a small tree from Frontgate that is amazing and I would love to have a full size like it, but last year they were all gone when they really got marked down enough for me.

atroxnixfemina
12-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm in need of an upgrade, myself. Well, this is the thing: maybe not need...our tree works just fine and is "ok" in the realism category. But we have such tall ceilings that it just doesn't look right in our room.

(gee, I feel like I should mention that my diamond ring is too tight, and my Porsche takes up too much room in our garage...this totally sounds like an "oh, poor me!" post. :ROTFLMAO:)

Anyway, I'm posting to watch this thread. Hoping to have some time later today to come up with possible candidates to watch after Christmas. :thumbsup:

elbenn
12-18-2011, 03:37 PM
I also would love to nab a great tree at a bargain price. I was planning on trying to get a Frontgate one, but the reviews on the trees this year are not good. I'm wondering if they changed manufacturers so the quality isn't as good. They are so expensive, I would want to make sure that I was paying for super quality. Besides Frontgate, where should we be watching for sales? I watched them last year at Amazon, but they never got cheap.

LexyLou
12-18-2011, 03:41 PM
I've been on the lookout every year and I never seem to find one that I like. Thy are usually all scooped up and I'm unwilling to get up at 2 am to shop the post-Christmas sales.

I was just at Target last night and they were having a two day Friday-Saturday sale.

We bought a 9ft Virginia Pine with 1000 lights normally $400 for $280. Not an incredible post christmas sale but good enough for me.

It's a really beautiful full tree. We put it up this morning and someone just came by and couldn't believe it was fake.

Tondi G
12-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Not sure about the Quality at Target but the weekly mailer has artificial trees on clearance for 50% off.