PDA

View Full Version : Gap Cowlneck (like Splendid)

DrSally
12-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Not sure if this is still going on, but today Gap had 40% off clearance items. This cowlneck has been posted here as being like the splendid version (IDK, since I don't own the splendid version). Tried it on and it was nice and lightweight and the cowl laid nicely (not too bulky). In store it came out to about $10, so I got charcoal, gray, and green. Good layering piece, IMO. I hope the 40% off is still going on tomorrow.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17083&vid=1&pid=874578

brittone2
12-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Not sure if this is still going on, but today Gap had 40% off clearance items. This cowlneck has been posted here as being like the splendid version (IDK, since I don't own the splendid version). Tried it on and it was nice and lightweight and the cowl laid nicely (not too bulky). In store it came out to about $10, so I got charcoal, gray, and green. Good layering piece, IMO. I hope the 40% off is still going on tomorrow.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17083&vid=1&pid=874578
Thanks for sharing. I thought about heading to gap today and didn't get around to it. I like the top you posted. I think I'll try to hit the gap tomorrow.

citymama
12-18-2011, 03:51 AM
Speaking of Gap things that are like Splendid, their supersoft modal-cotton tees (http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17083&vid=1&pid=841401) are a lot like Splendid's and at a fraction of the cost. Truth be told, I like the fit *better* than Splendid (and I own a few of the Splendid kind) b/c I find the Splendid version hits me in the armpits in a way that is uncomfy and sweat-inducing! And the Gap ones last just as well; I have a couple I have owned and worn for 3+ years. I find it better to size down for a better fit with the Gap version.

FYI, the Splendid cowl that I have is modal-cotton, whereas the Gap one is poly-rayon, so I suspect it will not fit or wear quite as well as the Splendid version.

firstbaby
12-18-2011, 08:12 AM
I own two and have given one as a gift. LOVE them. Great layering piece. One of them has pilled slightly, but for the money, it has been a great piece. The cowl neck is great, too. I wear them at least twice a week.

DrSally
12-18-2011, 11:13 AM
FYI: it's pretty sheer

tarnator
12-19-2011, 12:58 AM
I have the blue one and the green one. They are sheer - and I am waiting for a little bit more 'baby blob' to disappear before I wear them more.

My friend has the green one and she has noticed that it is really pilling badly. That sucks....I haven't even worn mine yet - but I am wondering whether to return it.

DrSally
12-19-2011, 01:47 AM
Speaking of Gap things that are like Splendid, their supersoft modal-cotton tees (http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17083&vid=1&pid=841401) are a lot like Splendid's and at a fraction of the cost. Truth be told, I like the fit *better* than Splendid (and I own a few of the Splendid kind) b/c I find the Splendid version hits me in the armpits in a way that is uncomfy and sweat-inducing! And the Gap ones last just as well; I have a couple I have owned and worn for 3+ years. I find it better to size down for a better fit with the Gap version.

FYI, the Splendid cowl that I have is modal-cotton, whereas the Gap one is poly-rayon, so I suspect it will not fit or wear quite as well as the Splendid version.

Oh, nice t shirt. Nice and long too.

pomegranate
12-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I have 3 of these (Gap) cowlneck shirts in red, brown and charcoal gray. The colors are all a bit "heathered." I love them all and wear them weekly. However, one thing I noticed is that they are pilling a bit and I've only had them for about a month. But for the price, I don't mind if they don't last more than the season.

DrSally
12-19-2011, 03:06 PM
I hate pilling. Agree that I love The heathered look.

justlearning
12-19-2011, 03:13 PM
I have 3 of these (Gap) cowlneck shirts in red, brown and charcoal gray. The colors are all a bit "heathered." I love them all and wear them weekly. However, one thing I noticed is that they are pilling a bit and I've only had them for about a month. But for the price, I don't mind if they don't last more than the season.

I bought them in navy and charcoal grey They are a little sheer so a white bra would show through under the navy, for example. But worn with an appropriate-colored bra, the shirts don't look sheer. FWIW, I'm overweight and I love these shirts because they lay somewhat loosely on the bottom and don't show my belly fat. I really find them to be flattering.

I haven't noticed pilling but I haven't washed them a lot yet (probably 3 times).

MichelleRC
12-20-2011, 05:32 PM
I picked up the charcoal heathery one in the store today for $7 and change!

DrSally
12-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I picked up the charcoal heathery one in the store today for $7 and change!

Wow, the price went down even more. I wore my charcoal one today and loved it. Even though it's thin, it was warm b/c of the cowl maybe.

Eta: I wore a beige bra and nothing underneath. I wore it w/a tank previously and it got clingy.