PDA

View Full Version : Highlights high five or click for 4.5 year old

junebaby07
12-18-2011, 11:07 AM
We've gotten Click magazine before and really liked it. Just wondering if we should give highlights high five a chance?

chiisai
12-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't have experience with high five, but we loved Click. That said, we also do get the hightlights Hidden Pictures separately, which is one of the activites in a High Five issue, I believe.

I really love the cricket magazines, so we've stayed with them (we have Spider now and I'm going to add Appleseed next year). However, what I find attractive about High Five are the activities within the issue.

Maybe switch to High five for a year and then back to Click (or to one of the 6 - 9 mags at that point) if you decide you prefer it.

abh5e8
12-18-2011, 03:18 PM
big back yard is another great option for that age. we are getting BBY and Ladybug this year and i'm so excited! (dd is 4.5 and ds is newly 3). click is another one i would love to try.

kind of random...but op, do you save all the issues? i would love to buy a used set :)

MommyAllison
12-18-2011, 06:00 PM
DD1 has been getting High Five for several years and is always excited to see it in the mailbox.

tiapam
12-18-2011, 11:44 PM
DD and DS both enjoy High Five right now. I like that it always has a story with a little bit of Spanish. I like it better than Ladybug.

kaitlyns.mom
12-19-2011, 03:56 AM
DD is almost 4 and has been getting High Five since last Christmas. She loves it and we just asked grandma for another subscription. We read each issue over and over again and she likes to take them to bed and look at the pictures.

vonfirmath
12-19-2011, 11:22 AM
We LOVE Highlights High Five.

My son is 4y4mo and just started really enjoying the magazine at about 4. We read through it multiple times. Do the Silly stuff. Do many of the activities at the end. Look for the hidden objects, memorize the poems, etc.

He can read some of the stories himself.

lmh2402
12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
DS LOVES high five. he is obsessed with the hidden pictures. literally does them over and over again. he also likes the "what's silly" page. the stories are a little old for him sometimes, but in all he really likes this magazine.

we also get baby bug and animal baby, but high five is his fave of the three.

zag95
12-19-2011, 07:47 PM
DD has been getting High Five for about 2 yrs (I think!) she'll be 4 at the end of Jan. LOVEs them!!!!