PDA

View Full Version : Beco baby carriers $70 at frogmama 12/19!

Jacksmommy2b
12-18-2011, 01:08 PM
from her facebook page:

50% off select Beco Butterfly II Baby Carriers Sale starts Monday 12/19/11

Details-
4 fabrics will be available:

Duke
Tyler
Ginger
Ever
All will be $70!
All carriers are brand new in the box, under warrenty and under the normal 30 day return policy.
No further discounts are allowed. No Coupon codes/discount codes/free shipping etc.

In case you missed this sale when it happened before over black friday- this is your chance- last time we sold out in just a couple days- This time we have more, but hope they will go just as fast:) If you are a Beco fan you know prices like these are unheard of as Beco maintains a strict pricing policy on all new carriers at $139. So once these are gone it will be a long while before there will be any discounts again... If you have a baby or if you know anyone with a baby or toddler that needs a great comfortable and stylish carrier- this is an amazing deal!! Check it out here at
www.frogmama.com (http://www.frogmama.com)

Melaine
12-18-2011, 01:45 PM
oooooh Thanks for sharing. I really like the features of the Beco just from reading them, but I still wish there was a place locally I could try some of the less mainstream ones. It is really hard to choose!

Is this like a never-to-be-seen again price or just a good sale? I really shouldn't spend the money at this point since the baby won't be here until spring. Do you think I can find a sale like this again from Feb-May?

OKKiddo
12-18-2011, 01:45 PM
OMG! I'm all over it! Now, which is better for a girl Ever or Ginger? Dark or light? Drat, eeny meeny, miney, moe....

I also emailed my little sister who is an Air Force Soldier's wife with their first baby (a boy). I think the Duke print is perfect for her!

Jacksmommy2b
12-18-2011, 01:50 PM
OMG! I'm all over it! Now, which is better for a girl Ever or Ginger? Dark or light? Drat, eeny meeny, miney, moe....

I also emailed my little sister who is an Air Force Soldier's wife with their first baby (a boy). I think the Duke print is perfect for her!

Just my $.02 but I would go with the lighter print. Dark colors are more likely to show spit up stains and wash/sun fade. :)

Jacksmommy2b
12-18-2011, 02:00 PM
oooooh Thanks for sharing. I really like the features of the Beco just from reading them, but I still wish there was a place locally I could try some of the less mainstream ones. It is really hard to choose!
Is this like a never-to-be-seen again price or just a good sale? I really shouldn't spend the money at this point since the baby won't be here until spring. Do you think I can find a sale like this again from Feb-May?

You can try to google your city and baby wearing groups. Beco is less mainstream than Bjorn but a really popular carrier and I would be shocked if a group didn't have at least one between them.

I have tried *a lot* of carriers and I really love the beco for new babies. You just can't beat the internal harness for a great fit and easy on and off. I *think* I have some pics somewhere of a tutorial I did for a group that shows Sam in the harness. I'll dig them up and post them for you.

Like any good buckle carrier there is a lot of initial adjustment. A few pulls on the webbing makes all the difference between uncomfortable and the perfect fit. A BW group is an awesome start if you can find one as they can help you adjust everything until you're comfortable. It can be a bit overwhelming on your own, but there are tons of walkthroughs on www.thebabywearer.com (http://www.thebabywearer.com/). Once you get everything adjusted right, you won't have to do it again.

I would totally jump on this deal in a heartbeat. Before black Friday I have never seen a deal like this on Beco. AFAIK, they did not make any significant design changes, but they have discontinued these older prints and are offering them at half price to get rid of them. I doubt we'll see prices like this again for a while.

Used on TBW good condition Becos go for about $100. Obviously that will drop because of sales like this but I have no doubt you will be able to recoup your investment if for some reason you decide you don't want to keep it.

MSWR0319
12-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Melaine, if it makes you feel any better I jumped on it on BF because when I posted on here people said they'd never even seen used that low. I felt bad for buying so early before May, but did anyway. We have no where to try one on in our area either, so I'm hoping it works well for me!

twowhat?
12-18-2011, 03:34 PM
You can try to google your city and baby wearing groups. Beco is less mainstream than Bjorn but a really popular carrier and I would be shocked if a group didn't have at least one between them.

I have tried *a lot* of carriers and I really love the beco for new babies. You just can't beat the internal harness for a great fit and easy on and off. I *think* I have some pics somewhere of a tutorial I did for a group that shows Sam in the harness. I'll dig them up and post them for you.

Like any good buckle carrier there is a lot of initial adjustment. A few pulls on the webbing makes all the difference between uncomfortable and the perfect fit. A BW group is an awesome start if you can find one as they can help you adjust everything until you're comfortable. It can be a bit overwhelming on your own, but there are tons of walkthroughs on www.thebabywearer.com (http://www.thebabywearer.com/). Once you get everything adjusted right, you won't have to do it again.

I would totally jump on this deal in a heartbeat. Before black Friday I have never seen a deal like this on Beco. AFAIK, they did not make any significant design changes, but they have discontinued these older prints and are offering them at half price to get rid of them. I doubt we'll see prices like this again for a while.

Used on TBW good condition Becos go for about $100. Obviously that will drop because of sales like this but I have no doubt you will be able to recoup your investment if for some reason you decide you don't want to keep it.

Agree completely with this assessment esp if you eant to be able to quickly feel confident with back carry when baby is old enough. One thing to add...i dont like this carrier as much for toddlers since.that internal sling gets more in the way so if you want a one and only carrier I would also look at the Ergo.

citymama
12-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm not a beco user but I love frogmama and would recommend her store highly!

Jacksmommy2b
12-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Agree completely with this assessment esp if you eant to be able to quickly feel confident with back carry when baby is old enough. One thing to add...i dont like this carrier as much for toddlers since.that internal sling gets more in the way so if you want a one and only carrier I would also look at the Ergo.

I *think* that unlike Olives and Applesauce, the internal harness of the beco is completely adjustable with velcro and buckles and also removeable.

I do agree that Beco is amazing for babies but not as great for toddlers. I think the seat isn't wide enough for a comfy toddler fit. Personally I think beco worked for us up until about 18ish months, but I have thin kids. :) Just my preference, but I like the harness of the beco more than the insert of the ergo with tiny babies.

At this price I think you could easily use the Beco into toddlerhood then trade or sell on TBW and get an ergo/boba/toddler DC without investing much more money.

I can't seem to find the pics of Sam in the harness, but basically you can clip baby into the harness and then put the carrier on so you don't have to worry about dropping baby when you are learning back carries. The pic I have (that I can't find) is of Sam about 9 months old, harnessed in, swinging in the carrier. :) I also really like that the harness has velco at the bottom so you can adjust the height based on the size of your baby, so you get a great fit every time.

twowhat?
12-18-2011, 04:18 PM
I *think* that unlike Olives and Applesauce, the internal harness of the beco is completely adjustable with velcro and buckles and also removeable.

I do agree that Beco is amazing for babies but not as great for toddlers. I think the seat isn't wide enough for a comfy toddler fit. Personally I think beco worked for us up until about 18ish months, but I have thin kids. :) Just my preference, but I like the harness of the beco more than the insert of the ergo with tiny babies.

At this price I think you could easily use the Beco into toddlerhood then trade or sell on TBW and get an ergo/boba/toddler DC without investing much more money.

I can't seem to find the pics of Sam in the harness, but basically you can clip baby into the harness and then put the carrier on so you don't have to worry about dropping baby when you are learning back carries. The pic I have (that I can't find) is of Sam about 9 months old, harnessed in, swinging in the carrier. :) I also really like that the harness has velco at the bottom so you can adjust the height based on the size of your baby, so you get a great fit every time.

On our version the infant insert is removable (velcro) but the sling is not. We have the butterfly II. Definitely you can resell it easily esp in a larger metro area.

OKKiddo
12-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Just my $.02 but I would go with the lighter print. Dark colors are more likely to show spit up stains and wash/sun fade. :)

Good point!

Green22
12-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh gosh.

I was in love love love with the moby for my infant and meh on the ergo until she was 6 months plus. I also had the bjorn which I probably would have liked a little if I didn't have a giant chest. That thing is not friendly to big chested women. I always wanted to try a becco but didn't have access. If you are a moby lover, will I need this?

Do I need one for DS due in April? I will be going back to work after 12 weeks so I'm not sure I"ll have the time to use it. I loved the baby wearing so much, and so did my daughter.

Also, on the site I'm seeing that the items are out of stock . . .I'm guessing they are like this until tomorrow? OH lord give me the strength . . .

daniele_ut
12-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Ugh, like I need an excuse to spend more money right now! I have a girly patterned Beco 4G that I loved using with DD, but I got it when she was big enough that she didn't need the infant insert on the Butterfly. Now I have a tiny 6lb NICU dweller who probably could use the infant insert and I wouldn't mind a more boyish color scheme.

I could probably sell the 4G for $70. Hmmm....

Kaylee31
12-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Thanks OP! Deal is live right now. I also saw this posted on SD, so I expect them to sell fast. Shipping was $11 for me, still an awesome price! I have been wanting the Ever pattern and didn't think I would ever find a deal on one.

daisymommy
12-19-2011, 09:49 AM
:yay: Got one in the Ginger print! I actually got online as soon as I woke up at 6am, before I even made coffee :)

It was one of the very few things I had on my wish list for this new baby. I've always wanted one, but never wanted to pay the price. I actually even wanted that exact print, so I was super excited to be able to get it on sale.

Yeah!!! Thanks so much OP for posting, or I would have never known about this sale!

Melaine
12-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Oh gosh...so torn.

Melaine
12-19-2011, 10:09 AM
So it's it weird to use Tyler or Ginger if it turns out to be a boy? My inclination is to buy the fabric that I like, kind of like I would get a pretty diaper bag even if it's a boy....but I'm not sure. WDYT? I find out, by the way, at 2 today!! But I'm not sure I want to wait!

Multimama
12-19-2011, 10:40 AM
So it's it weird to use Tyler or Ginger if it turns out to be a boy? My inclination is to buy the fabric that I like, kind of like I would get a pretty diaper bag even if it's a boy....but I'm not sure. WDYT? I find out, by the way, at 2 today!! But I'm not sure I want to wait!

I don't think it's weird to use a girly fabric for a boy. I consider it to be my accessory not my baby's. But if you ever want your DH to use it...

Melaine
12-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I don't think it's weird to use a girly fabric for a boy. I consider it to be my accessory not my baby's. But if you ever want your DH to use it...

I don't think that's an issue. I'm pretty sure he is not going to EVER wear one of these.

Multimama
12-19-2011, 10:46 AM
I don't think that's an issue. I'm pretty sure he is not going to EVER wear one of these.

Well then get the one you really love!

Multimama
12-19-2011, 10:50 AM
momsmilkboutique.com (http://www.momsmilkboutique.com/baby-carrier-Beco-Butterfly-II.html) also has the carriers for $69.99.

ETA: Shipping charge on these, but at least her website is up and running unlike frogmama.com.

twowhat?
12-19-2011, 10:50 AM

HAHAHA!!! My DH wore one (well, by necessity because of the twins) but definitely refused to wear a girly print. So I got him just a plain espresso one. Sounds like you should definitely get the one you like:)

nabigus
12-19-2011, 11:38 AM
They're $95 including shipping at www.QuirkyBaby.com

from the email:
Regular price: $139 to $149. Sale price: $95 with FREE US Priority Mail shipping and FREE gift! Check out the great free gifts here: your choice of a pair of BabyLegs, a Rearview Mirror, or a cloth carrying bag for your baby carrier.

http://www.quirkybaby.com/beco-butterfly.html?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Beco+Butterfly+2+Sale+Starts+Tomorrow+ %26+More+Holiday+Gifts+%26+News+from+QuirkyBaby&utm_campaign=Beco+Butterfly+2+Sale+Starts+Tomorrow +%26+More+Holiday+Gifts+%26+News+from+QuirkyBaby&utm_term=Beco+Butterfly+2

Re shipping for Christmas:
All baby carrier orders must be received by Tuesday, December 20, for free shipping via Priority Mail on December 21 for arrival by Christmas. All accessory orders (BabyLegs, toy doll carriers, sun hats, teething pads, winter carrier covers, etc.) must be received by Monday, December 19 for free US shipping and by Tuesday, December 20 with paid Priority Mail upgrade option.