PDA

View Full Version : Nausea after stress & exertion?

amldaley
12-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Having my mom here and not DH is, well...not ideal. DD keeps begging me to put up Christmas lights outside, so I tried.

After about 40 minutes, I feel like I want to vomit. Lugging all the stuff around and digging through the attic and garage was more than I thought it would be.

Sitting now to have a glass of water but just wondering...how much exertion is too much in third trimester? And how long until I feel better???!!!!!

Liziz
12-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well!

I have no clue what the "right" answer is for you....but we're at about the same stage and this happened to me yesterday. Family is coming to visit in a few days so I was racing around all morning cleaning, putting things away, cooking....doing way more lifting and exertion that I typically do. I started to feel really nauseated. I ended up drinking a bunch of water and laying down for an hour or so, and felt much better after that. I tried to take it a little easier the rest of the day. It's hard for me right now to "think" I can do everything I always do (not pregnant), but then realize that's not exactly the case right now!

Hopefully you're feeling better quickly!!!

Puddy73
12-18-2011, 07:42 PM
It sounds like your body is telling you that you are doing too much! I know it is hard to say no to your DD, but take it easy. Could your mom help with some of the decorating?

Hope you are feeling better now!

DrSally
12-19-2011, 02:31 AM
I think when you get to the point where you want to vomit, then that's too much.

BabbyO
12-19-2011, 10:02 AM
It sounds like your body is telling you that you are doing too much! I know it is hard to say no to your DD, but take it easy. Could your mom help with some of the decorating?

Hope you are feeling better now!

I think when you get to the point where you want to vomit, then that's too much.

:yeahthat:

I helped finish painting the house (outside in August) the week before DS2 was born. By the end of the first day I was so exhausted...I let IL's & DH do most of the work the next two days. You HAVE to listen to your body.

sntm
12-19-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm only mid 2nd but tried to do some lifting with the move this weekend and ended up with major cramps/BHs and nauseated. It sucks!

amldaley
12-19-2011, 02:43 PM
It took me more than an hour sitting still, drinking cold water and not talking to get it to go away...but it did.

God was watching...I am hoping to say the DH will be home two days earlier than expected...putting him home today...and he can take care of all the extension cords and garland and lights I left just sitting out on the porch.

As for me, I am not doing THAT again this year!

Jenn850
12-20-2011, 01:11 PM
I seem to remember that every time I pushed myself farther than I should one day, I would be wildly exhausted for 2 or 3 days after. Sometimes it would be worth it, and sometimes not! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hang in there!