PDA

View Full Version : So I ordered this LEC poncho

crl
12-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Does anyone have this? I ordered this brown poncho yesterday

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/ButtonupPoncho~227174_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::DSS&CM_MERCH=canvas-search-_-Poncho&origin=search

I am going to have to return some LE stuff anyway so I thought I'd give it a shot. I don't usually wear brown, but for some reason I kind of like this. And of course, the forty percent off makes everything irresistible. :hysterical:

What do you think,
Catherine

Beth24
12-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have this? I ordered this brown poncho yesterday

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/ButtonupPoncho~227174_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::DSS&CM_MERCH=canvas-search-_-Poncho&origin=search

I am going to have to return some LE stuff anyway so I thought I'd give it a shot. I don't usually wear brown, but for some reason I kind of like this. And of course, the forty percent off makes everything irresistible. :hysterical:

What do you think,
Catherine

Well I must agree with you bc I ordered it too! We will have to compare notes when we get them.

crl
12-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Well I must agree with you bc I ordered it too! We will have to compare notes when we get them.

Oh good. At least I'm not alone. Tell me it will be okay to wear it with jeans and black shoes, cause I don't own any brown casual shoes. . . .

Catherine

Beth24
12-19-2011, 11:40 AM
I think it will because it looks more like a medium brown and not a deep dark brown. So there will be enough of a contrast IYKWIM. Of course, it may mean you need to shop for some cute brown boots...

crl
12-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I think it will because it looks more like a medium brown and not a deep dark brown. So there will be enough of a contrast IYKWIM. Of course, it may mean you need to shop for some cute brown boots...

No, no, no, then I have to buy a brown handbag and then I'll need moss green gloves and then. . . . :ROTFLMAO:

Catherine

nupe
12-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I think it's really cute. I've been eyeing it since fall. But I didn't buy it because I already have enought light toppers.

twowhat?
12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
I have it. You will need to size DOWN. By a lot, maybe. I had to get the xxs. I actually like it and think it's cute if paired with the right shirt. DH is undecided on it. Thinks it doesn't show off my shape. But - isn't that kind of the point of a poncho?

I will post pics in a bit once I finish eating dinner:)

Hmm I dunno now that I'm looking at pics of myself. Maybe DH is right. I can't quite get it to look as cute as it did on the model... I would describe the brown as a toffee brown.

crl
12-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I have it. You will need to size DOWN. By a lot, maybe. I had to get the xxs. I actually like it and think it's cute if paired with the right shirt. DH is undecided on it. Thinks it doesn't show off my shape. But - isn't that kind of the point of a poncho?

I will post pics in a bit once I finish eating dinner:)

Oh, fun. I ordered two sizes down based on the reviews and because I want to wear it with t-shirts, not sweaters under. Hopefully I got it right.

Thanks!
Catherine

arivecchi
12-19-2011, 11:48 PM
I really like this poncho/jacket CRL. I have a similar one from French Connection and it is very versatile.

Twowhat, definitely size down!

twowhat?
12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
I really like this poncho/jacket CRL. I have a similar one from French Connection and it is very versatile.

Twowhat, definitely size down!

That's the smallest size available - an xxs!!! I'm thinking I ought to return it...

arivecchi
12-19-2011, 11:54 PM
That's the smallest size available - an xxs!!! I'm thinking I ought to return it...Oh bummer. :( It does swallow you up a bit. Have you tried it with different pants? Maybe a different pant shape would work?

twowhat?
12-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh bummer. :( It does swallow you up a bit. Have you tried it with different pants? Maybe a different pant shape would work?

I think you're right...it totally swallows me. I've tried it with matchstick jeans and bootcut jeans - it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've also tried cinching in the waist but then I look like an inverted umbrella.

Bummer. I really wanted to like this, too!!!

eta: I just saw the one review that said to try it over chunky layers...I might try that and see...

crl
12-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Hmm, I ordered an xs, which sounds absurdly small in theory. . . . Thanks for the pictures!

Catherine

Beth24
12-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Oh darn I only went down one size! You know what that means right??? Yep, another order...xs here I come.