PDA

View Full Version : Any of you buying your kids' spring/ summer wardrobes from LE now?

ourbabygirl
12-19-2011, 04:53 PM
I bought a couple of fleeces for DD & DS, as well as a swim suit, some leggings, & ss shirts for DD (would have bought more for DS, but he's only in size 18 months right now ;)).

Anyone else (considering) buying ahead for your kids for the upcoming next season(s)?

hillview
12-19-2011, 05:09 PM
I got a few items in LE for this summer and a some stuff in the recent Boden sale.

jvs195
12-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Since I just returned a whole bunch of winter stuff I bought LAST winter for DC I'm not buying so much ahead anymore. It's not a bad idea if you can store it and keep your receipts, but it just becomes too much with the return trips for me anymore.

maybeebaby08
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
I bought DDs summer & winter school schools. I keep it basic leggings and shirts/shorts because they usually end up ruined from paint stains. It's cheaper then what I can on sale at Childrens Place or Target and hold up longer.

abh5e8
12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
yup. lots of the smocked ss dresses and ss tshirts.

AnnieW625
12-19-2011, 05:54 PM
I thought about getting her a swim suit, but the reviews were not good for them this past summer so I figured I'd wait on that. I have absolutely no idea what size DD1 is going to be in this spring/summer so I figure it is best to wait. I might get lucky and she might get a 3rd summer out of some of her Hanna Andersson 110 stuff.

MommyAllison
12-19-2011, 08:17 PM
I picked up 2 swimsuits for DD1, since she outgrew 2 of her suits last summer and only had 1 left. Have several tshirts for DS in my cart right now, but haven't ordered them yet...

LMPC
12-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah I bought a bunch of solid color t shirts to go with shorts. I always buy ahead. :thumbsup:

Kindra178
12-19-2011, 09:20 PM
I got ds1 a squall parka for next year. At $35 dollars, it was a great deal. I hasope he likes it!

jerigirl
12-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah I bought a bunch of solid color t shirts to go with shorts. I always buy ahead. :thumbsup:

:yeahthat: Definitely! At 40% off of 3.99 I couldn't resist.

crl
12-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Not much in the way of seasons in San Francisco so buying ahead is pretty easy. I picked up several t-shirts for ds, a couple of jackets for dd, and some shoes for dd. Ds likes to layer t-shirts when its cold so solid color short sleeve t-shirts are definitely useful year round for us.

I did hold off in the dresses for dd because I figure in a few more months she may have an opinion about what she wears. . . .

Catherine

Momit
12-20-2011, 10:15 AM
I bought things in the next 2 sizes for DS. Mainly tshirts, jeans etc. Buying ahead usually turns out ok for me, except right now we're stuck with several cute collared shirts that he is quite opposed to wearing.

TwinFoxes
12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Well, not their entire wardrobe because I would just end up buying more later. But definitely a few things. I actually bought them heavy jackets for next winter. My girls have had a pretty easy to predict growth rate, except for shoes. I stopped buying ahead for shoes after one season.