PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for 14 mo old that he can't take off?

avalonmom
12-19-2011, 05:17 PM
We have see kai run high top velcro shoes which have been great but he's discovered how to take them and his socks off. He goes to daycare and since it's pretty cold I'd prefer he keeps some shoes on during the day while he's there. His feet are pretty wide and thick. Any suggestions? He's cruising but not walking so I was trying to wait til he walks but that could be a month or two still.

rin
12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Have you tried Robeez? My DD wasn't able to take them off.

BabyBearsMom
12-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Sadly, I don't think that this exists. DD would take every shoe on the planet off at that age (and we tried Robeez, Shoo Shoos, See Kai Run, the fake Robeez from Target). The only shoes she actually kept on was Crocs and that was because she thought they were cool, not because she couldn't take them off (she used to ask for them "Mama! Purple!" when we were putting shoes on and it was a problem when it got too cold to wear them). But the good news is, she grew out of that phase. Now she likes her shoes and will keep them on unless she is in the car. Then her shoes must immediately come off.

crl
12-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Robeez or similar are the only shoes I have found that my 20 month old can't get off.

Catherine

Bootsie
12-20-2011, 10:44 AM
We haven't found the pair of shoes that my 14 yo DS can't get off. His twin sister never takes her shoes or socks off.

One thing that helps - for winter, I got him a pair of Stride Rite shoes that are sort of like shoe-boots. They have two straps that velcro instead of one. If we are going somewhere where I'd really like to discourage him from removing his shoes/socks, then I put these shoes on him and rather than velcroing the straps straight across, I crisscross them (velcro the top strap to the bottom velco and velcro the bottom strap to the top velcro). This makes things a little harder and, while he can still get them off if he were so motivated, he tends to lose interest.

avalonmom
12-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. I bought some used Robeez a while ago that were too big. I'll try them again and those shoe-boots with double velcro sound like they might be worth a try. Thanks!!