PDA

View Full Version : How many LE orders did you place during their 40% off sale?

ourbabygirl
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Just a fun little Tuesday poll. :D

I believe I placed 4 orders (yikes), but was this.close to placing one more at about 11 p.m. Decided to go to bed instead...

zukeypur
12-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Only 3.

lisa928
12-20-2011, 04:16 PM
FIVE, my biggest order totalling $264.36.

brittone2
12-20-2011, 04:23 PM
4. 2 of those were larger orders.

i just opened the first two orders and am surprised at how many items I'm happy with so far. I have some gifts for my parents in there and hope they work out.

The cashmere/cotton vneck from canvas is one that I really like and wasn't sure would fit well or work for me. I like the cotton/cashmere feel. It just feels like supersoft brushed cotton to me.

TwinFoxes
12-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I think it was 5. The biggest was a couple of hundred, the smallest was for just the cowl neck dress. :)

TwoToTote
12-20-2011, 04:28 PM
6 for me. My inbox is filled with LE order confirmations and now starting to overflow with LE ship notices. :heartbeat:

Mommy_Mea
12-20-2011, 04:29 PM
6, I think 4 of them were $100+, one of them was just a single item. I ordered a number of things in different colors/sizes, knowing I will return a decent number of them. I don't get out shopping very often, and I need a refresh to my wardrobe!!

jvs195
12-20-2011, 04:30 PM
6, but have already returned items from the 1st, one was a gift order to my mom, the rest were all around $50 each. Kinda sorry it's over since I really want those LE Canvas pjs for me.

mommylamb
12-20-2011, 04:31 PM
4. I made 3 on Friday, but then decided to go back for a 4th yesterday.

daisysmom
12-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Four, and am kicking myself for not getting a 5th. They were each under $100 and there were 2 monogrammed baby blankets in there for gifts. I wish I had gotten more though :)

Seitvonzu
12-20-2011, 04:44 PM
five. i only know because i just checked because i got a shipping confirm on one and checked the others. ack!

the largest was for 220ish and the smallest was a sweater for my brother-- it would have been 18ish but i had it gift wrapped raising the total ;) the largest order includes 2 sizes of the same pair of pants and 2 different colors of boots-- i'll keep one each of that, so i'll be down at least 64 dollars (that's post discount)

i also got a couple duplicate things...and i'm hoping not to LOVE everything ;) we'll see :)

loved this sale. lots of good, high quality, USEFUL things. almost too good to be true ;)

Melaine
12-20-2011, 04:45 PM
3, and my total was under $100. I'm sure I will regret not buying more stuff!

Momit
12-20-2011, 04:46 PM
10. :bag

At least 2 were over $100. Good gravy!

Jo..
12-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Just one ($15). But I ALMOST placed several more. :rotflmao:

hillview
12-20-2011, 05:25 PM
#1 for a stocking for the dog and long underwear for my mom = $95
#2 for 2 snow bibs for the boys for next year, 2 hats for 1.99 each, 2 backpacks for the boys, 2 berber sweatshirts for the boys = $94
#3 for snow pants for DH, 4 mens sweaters for my dad/dh and 2 pet leashes = $101
#4 for 2 tub mats, COWL NECK DRESS (black), and 5 stocking holders = $100
#5 for 2 kids sleeping bags; COWL NECK DRESS (green), 3 belts for me = $118

WHEW.

JElaineB
12-20-2011, 05:52 PM
I placed 2, one for snowbibs for this year and next year, and a squall jacket for next year, all for DS, and a second order for 3 needlepoint stockings with free monograms. I figure DS (age 9) is going to outgrow his Winnie the Pooh stocking he's had since he was a baby sooner or later, and they were a great price.

crl
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I placed two, but also got a PA for an order I had placed earlier in the week.

Catherine

jennilynn
12-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Just one. I'm not a huge Lands End shopper, but don't they pretty much always have 30-40% off? I was surprised by the obsession with this sale!

2zeke
12-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I had five. Two were large, a couple medium ones, and one that was just a couple blankets. I also did a PA for an order placed on the 13th for one item since it ended up being a $10 difference.

arivecchi
12-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Just one. I'm not a huge Lands End shopper, but don't they pretty much always have 30-40% off? I was surprised by the obsession with this sale! They have 30% off sometimes and 40% off one item. 40% off the whole order & free shipping on top of a huge sale is not the norm.

I think DH and I placed 6 or 7 orders.

brittone2
12-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Just one. I'm not a huge Lands End shopper, but don't they pretty much always have 30-40% off? I was surprised by the obsession with this sale!

It was 40% off everything, including many items that had already been deeply discounted. So things like the cotton/cashmere sweaters were on sale for $20, and then 40% off of that price (bringing them to 12 bucks). And free shipping on everything, no minimum IIRC. I also live in a state now that doesn't have sales tax on clothing so it always feels like a bonus to me, especially combined w/ FS. eta: was at Sears B&M yesterday and they had 40% off a lot of items, but still nowhere near the online prices. Many things were 40% off of retail. Another example, during the online sale the needlepoint stockings were something like 5-6 bucks each after sale price+code. There were some stellar deals. I got DH a polo in a style I know already works for him. It was from the Canvas line, and was 4.xx with free shipping. You can't find that at Walmart or Target most of the time, and you get the LE quality and guarantee. Some tees I got DS1 were 2-3.xx each. I think snowboots in DS1's size were something like 13 bucks the first day of the sale (I didn't order any, but we paid 17 a few weeks prior and I was happy with that). WHen I was in Target the other night the cheapo snow boots were over 20 per pair. I ordered 3 mockneck shirts for my dad (one of his staples) and they were 7.xx each (normal retail on them is something like 25/each). I already know he likes them and wears them regularly, and he always needs new ones. I picked up 3 for less than the cost of one at full price.

scrooks
12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Just 2 (although i had order dh some pants a couple of days before the sale and they just arrived today).

#1.... Pants for dh, turtleneck for ds, cowl neck shirt for me, and an xmas stocking for my mom (she is spending xmas eve and morning at our house)- $44

#2.... down coat for me, fleece pea coat for dd, long sleeved polo for dh, swim trunks for dd, 2 belts for me, rashguard for dn, another cowl neck shirt for me, toggle button jacket for me...$150

georgiegirl
12-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Only 2.

#1 down coat and 2 swimsuits for DH
#2 3 jackets for kids, dresses and tights for dd, snow boots for ds for next year...a few other things maybe

tarnator
12-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Just one.....but I was all ready to place another order and it expired! I didn't catch that it ended at midnight in a different time zone from me. Silly me.:D

I realize that I could probably have called CS and gone through an order anyway, but I figure that it was karma telling me to stop buying!

Beth24
12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
3 for me, but they were all substantial! And I even already had the cowl neck dress (grey) if anyone is wondering! :)

TwinFoxes
12-20-2011, 06:46 PM

In a word, no. ;) 40% off your entire order is not at all common. And as PP said, most items were discounted already. I got an oversized queen down comforter for $60. That is not a common price! I'm actually not a huge fan of their regular clothes for me, but their outerwear and kids' clothes are fantastic.

arivecchi
12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
That is not a common price! I'm actually not a huge fan of their regular clothes for me, but their outerwear and kids' clothes are fantastic.
:yeahthat:

I used to not get LE at all, but I agree that their kids clothes and all outerwear are fantastic. I don't like LE womens' clothes for the most part but some Canvas items are really cute. I do like LE stuff for men as well.

ett
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
8 - a couple were larger orders and the others were just one or two items. I hope the packages come by Friday while DH is still at work.

KLD313
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Seven! Most of them were small though, i don't think any were over $60 but I got a lot of stuff.

essnce629
12-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Four....

ahisma
12-20-2011, 07:26 PM
10 :bag

Most were small, and needed. DH literally hasn't had a pair of jeans in 2 years, so he got some. Stuff like that. I placed small orders instead of going through the site to try to keep my costs down. Heck of a lot of good that did, LOL!

DH's jeans came today and he was THRILLED. They were supposed to go under the tree but there is no way that is happening. Guess I should have bought him some a while ago, oops!

AnnieW625
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
I ordered a jacket from the store on Thursday night and got 30% off on a jacket that was already on sale. I am not going to squabble over $4. Then somehow I missed the thread on Friday and do I didn't place an order until yesterday. I just got 2 cowl neck dresses, and two 3/4 length sleeve sweater dresses, and a pair of black ballet flats. Total was just over $100.

Twoboos
12-20-2011, 08:09 PM
4, but the last one was all gloves/mittens and we need those for winter so it doesn't count. RIGHT?? ;)

azazela
12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
9 :bag but most were very small. With free shipping, I just order stuff as I think of it. Some will likely be going back - for example I got two different winter jackets for my daughter but I'll only be keeping one.

viba424
12-20-2011, 08:52 PM
I did 5. Im sitting here right now in my zippy new cotton cashmere cardigan in black. Its thick and nice, I hope it doesnt pill. My heritage cardis I got last fall have pilled up.

#1 Cotton cashmere sweaters for me and DH $38
#2 Bunch of leggings for DD, fleece gloves and earmuffs, umbrella and chinos for DH $57
#3 Shorts for me and DH, a tank, belt and tunic $45
#4 Jeans, COWL NECK DRESSSS LADIES, and slub scarf $35
#5 (At this point got my mom into the fray). She got 2 pair shoes $43

oh how I regret not getting the platform boots. Booo! This is not the only place I have been going crazy (Anthropologie) so I held back.

wolverine2
12-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Five.

Just got my first one today, but it was the "boring" one... hand towels, socks, and a luggage tag. Some things will be returned (like, I bought 2 different colors of a down jacket to see which I liked more. And skinny jeans, which is really just a dream).

It came with a catalog and of course I was noticing all of the things I should have bought...

ETA: Oops. Just double checked and it was actually six orders...

tambo
12-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Seven - and I refuse to look at how much each was!

JanBaby
12-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Two but I kind of wish I would have placed one more with the fleece pea coat for DD. BUT I have a bit of a coat problem and she absolutely does not need it.

#1: two cotton/cashmere sweaters (one for me, one for DH), another Canvas turtleneck sweater for me, a backpack for DD and three hats. Around $55.

#2: a couple of pair of leggings and a pocket t shirt for DD, toggle coat for me. $28

I love LE!

DrSally
12-20-2011, 10:40 PM
three. Lots of stuff for me!! We'll see how much goes back. I had just placed an order the week before too

MommyAllison
12-21-2011, 02:56 AM
Just two.

#1 - parkas for DD1 and DS, 2 fleece halfzips for DH, 2 swimsuits for DD1, fleece hat for DD1

#2 - tshirts for DH, tshirts for DS, shirt for me, 2 pairs jeans for DS

I could have done waaaaaay more damage, but the budget didn't allow. :)

minnie-zb
12-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Has all of your stuff shipped? I'm still waiting on one big order to ship....I'm getting nervous....

TwinFoxes
12-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Has all of your stuff shipped? I'm still waiting on one big order to ship....I'm getting nervous....

Not to be too big an LE cheerleader, but I really think you don't have to worry. I posted in the other thread that I ordered a monogrammed tote bag after the shipping deadline last year, and it arrived on Christmas Eve. :) I think they will over night it to you if they have to. I think LE and Nordstrom are the two companies I wouldn't stress about.

michlyn
12-21-2011, 12:17 PM
I placed 9 orders online and went instore to our local Lands End inlet (which was having the same sale) and bought a few more things.

Some of my orders were as small as $8 dollars, so it was more like things I forgot to add to my larger orders.

peanut520
12-21-2011, 12:42 PM
only 1, but it was over $400 :47:

dd had a crazy growth spurt so this sale was perfectly timed. i wished i had gotten more. there are still a few things i still want.

Staraglimmer
12-21-2011, 02:42 PM
I placed 2 orders. One on the last day and the other 2 days before that. Is anyone else worried that we won't get our stuff by Christmas? Myorders have not shipped yet.

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 7/1/12

MommyAllison
12-21-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't remember if it was posted on this thread or one of the other LE threads, but if you haven't gotten a shipping notice, try logging in to your LE account and checking order status that way. I still haven't gotten any emailed shipping notices, but one of my orders is out for delivery today and the other shipped today.

wimama
12-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Only one. I am proud of myself.

twotimesblue
12-21-2011, 05:29 PM
I called them last night and they let me add items to the order I placed on Monday, with the 40% off and guaranteed Christmas delivery. I was so happy as I just found out we're going on a trip to Colorado next week... living in SoCal I really don't have appropriate clothing!