PDA

View Full Version : indoor footware options for a new walker??

new_mom_mry
12-20-2011, 05:19 PM
So our 13 month old DS just started walking and we are in a bit of a predicament for what footware he should wear inside the house : it's too cold for him to be barefoot and he gets frequent colds from daycare so I want his feet to be warm; he is in between size in Hanna mocs (the 5-7 is definitely too big; the Nowalis's equivalent 12 month size fits better but also a little bit big). As a result, when he is wearing the Nowali mocs, he is much more likely to trip, which sucks because the poor guy is trying really hard to practice his new skill. Should I put shoes on him?? I havent found a pair of socks that would stay on his feet, so socks aren't a good option because I constantly have to put them back on. Should I try pairing socks with Robeez maybe or just do a hard sole shoe?? When he goes outside he wears Pedipeds Grip n Go or SKR (the regular kind, not the smaller kind)...TIA!!!

mikala
12-20-2011, 05:25 PM
We just used socks with Robeez at that age.

GvilleGirl
12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
My DS is the same age, to the day, and we use Robeez. Most of the time he is barefoot because pulling off shoes and socks is his favorite past time. Everything I heard is that when they are learning to walk Robeez style or barefoot is the way to go.

rin
12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah, we also used Robeez. We had a really cute pair of fleece-lined ones that we just used basically as slippers, and they worked perfectly.

new_mom_mry
12-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Yeah, we also used Robeez. We had a really cute pair of fleece-lined ones that we just used basically as slippers, and they worked perfectly.

would you mind posting a link to them?

Also, once DS becomes a super amazing walker, will it be ok to switch to mocs (even if they are a little big?)