PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Lightening Deal: Women's Boots Ukala ends 4pm PST/Bearpaw ends 5pm PST

mypa
12-20-2011, 06:29 PM
UPDATE: Hurry! Ukala ends 4pm PST and Bearpaw ends 5pm PST

http://www.amazon.com/b/?_encoding=UTF8&node=679563011

Bearpaws $27.99
Ukala $20.00

I was looking for short shearling boots and happen to see this deal by accident. I ordered a Bearpaw in chocolate and the Ukala in chestnust and black. Never heard of Ukala before but decided to take a chance.

kaitlyns.mom
12-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Quick question - do you usually size up in boots like this? I have been wanting some for ages!

ang79
12-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Ooh, tempting! I have a pair of Bearpaw slippers that DH got me for Christmas last year, love them! He initially got a sz. 8 because reviews said to size up but they were huge on me, so I ended up getting a sz. 7 and they fit well w/ normal socks on (7 is my normal size). I also have a pair of the Bearpaw Pawz boots that I found on clearance at Marshalls. Those are an 8 and while they are a little loose, I think a 7 would be too tight with my heavier winter socks on. Funny how the sizing seems to vary though.

kaitlyns.mom
12-20-2011, 07:11 PM
My time was running out after putting them in my cart so I ended up sizing up. Oh well, I'd rather them be too loose than super tight!

brittone2
12-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Quick question - do you usually size up in boots like this? I have been wanting some for ages!

I don't know about these brands specifically, but with shearling (real shearling) it is often recommended to size down because once the shearling in the foot gets compressed (a few wearings) the shoe will fit more loosely. I use Kirkland (costco) ugg knockoffs as house slippers, and I originally purchased a kids' sz 3 (I have really small feet). I knew to size down but a 2 felt too tight in store. WIthin 2 days the 3s felt huge and I returned and got the 2s, which felt just right after a few wearings.

No idea on these brands specifically, but maybe you can find feedback on fit on another shoe site like zappos? In general though IMO the shearling gets smooshed and then the fit becomes roomier after a few wearings.

eta: hopefully it will work out well for you. These brands may be sized differently. Just going by my experience with the kirkland ugg knockoffs and what I remember reading about a few brands when looking at them a year or two ago. These brands may run small.

kaitlyns.mom
12-20-2011, 07:13 PM
AND then I got the black in the smaller size. :bag Oh well, I'll be covered that way. The kids' version gets good reviews on Zappos (of the Ukalas).

maiaann
12-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I have a pair of Bearpaw boots (can't remember which ones). They are my normal size (7) and they fit perfect!

mypa
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Reading some of the reviews on Amazon the sizing seems to be different on the Ukala's depending on the style. This particular one said to size up on the description so I sized up, but then again I usually size up on shoes because I have wide feet.

I hope the boots are nice, I was looking for low boots like these and the price seems great for genuine shearling.

*myfoursons
12-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks, got some to use as slippers.

kaitlyns.mom
12-22-2011, 08:16 PM
So I bought the two sizes of the Ukalas, and they are going back. Just not the right look/fit for me. I think I want something taller. And I didn't love the feel of the inside. Oh well!

mypa
12-22-2011, 09:37 PM
So I bought the two sizes of the Ukalas, and they are going back. Just not the right look/fit for me. I think I want something taller. And I didn't love the feel of the inside. Oh well!

How did the smaller size fit? I'm thinking about exchanging mine for a smaller size.

kaitlyns.mom
12-22-2011, 09:39 PM
The ones that match my current shoe size fit OK, a little loose and if they stretched they would have been huge. I had one in my normal size and one in a size up - I should have done the opposite.