PDA

View Full Version : Do you like these boots?

mommytoC
12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I've been looking for black boots (my very first tall boots!), and recently tried these Danskos:
http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-dansko-bella-black-nappa-p_id152977

They're lightweight, comfortable, and fit well through the calves, but "buckled" a lot at the ankle (where there's a seam), so didn't have a nice smooth appearance on.

So I tried something really different...
http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-dansko-brielle-chocolate-milled-nappa-p_id190806

I got these (in brown, so I'll still need black boots :)) at a great deal (right around $100 from Endless), and love how they fit/look on, but am wondering what
"we" think of the ruched look, particularly for a one-and-only pair of (brown) boots. I'm clueless, and need your help!

Please let me know what you think. And if you dislike both styles, please give me other ideas. Comfort (and ability to shop mail-order) is a must!

*myfoursons
12-20-2011, 07:58 PM
For black boots, I can recommend the ones I just posted about, from Eddie Bauer (!) and they're a great deal:

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=40315&&categoryId=24427&categoryName=TALL-BOOTS&pCategoryId=104&pCategoryName=SHOES-BOOTS--SANDALS&gpCategoryId=3&gpCategoryName=WOMEN&ggpCategoryId=1&ggpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=24427~~categoryName=TALL-BOOTS~~pCategoryId=104~~pCategoryName=SHOES-BOOTS--SANDALS~~gpCategoryId=3~~gpCategoryName=WOMEN~~ggp CategoryId=1~~ggpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=null&pg=1

Some of the reviewers complained about fit, but they worked for me. Boots are so particular in sizing, I don't often worry about reviews unless it says the boots are huge in the calf or something. These have a slim fit calf, which I love, but i can still tuck in skinny jeans.

The brown ones aren't my style, I just don't love the scrunched-up look. But, I know lots of people do, because I see them often! If you like how they look, keep them!

SnuggleBuggles
12-20-2011, 08:01 PM
I do like the brown ones. They look versatile.

eta- I have scrawny calves and I always hated the "baseball bat in the umbrella stand" effect that happened with tall boots. The sales lady brought out this slouchy pair, something I never planned on trying. They were just perfect because they weren't expected to look perfectly formed to the leg. So, that's why I give props to slouchy and this ruched pair.

Fairy
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I really like them!

kaitlyns.mom
12-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Love the brown!!

ourbabygirl
12-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I really love those in brown, too!
I actually bought those in black (at least I think that's what they were- they were Dansko's, but when I bought them a couple months ago from a local shoe store, I swear they were closer to $300)... anyhow, I ultimately took them back because they felt kind of 'hooker-y' to me. :ROTFLMAO: I don't feel that way about the brown, though- they're super cute!

mommytoC
12-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Yay...I'm so glad you guys like the brown boots, too!

Any other suggestions for cute, comfortable black boots? I agree with ourbabygirl, I think I like the ruched look better in brown than black. I do like *myfoursons boots, but they look too narrow for me (the Danskos have a 15" opening - anything much narrower wouldn't fit).