PDA

View Full Version : Deals on Wii Remotes

alexsmommy
12-20-2011, 09:02 PM
DS1 is getting a few new wii games for xmas and just informed me that two of our controllers haven't worked for a while. Knowing he and a few friends had new games coming under the tree, we invited three friends for a sleep over after xmas to hang out and play games. Ay yi yi. So now I need to replace the controllers. I had no idea they cost so much, when we got the wii I asked for extra remotes from family members as gifts. Ideas? TIA

lilhilly
12-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Target has a $5 off coupon on their website (click coupons)

3isEnough
12-20-2011, 09:30 PM
I saw on Slickdeals today that Bestbuy.com has refurb ones for $20 each. However, they don't have any warranty. I need one more controller but am still on the fence about the refurb one because of the lack of warranty. I figure if it breaks within the return period I can always return it, but after that I'd be outta luck.

Since you need 2 maybe it's worth the risk?

alexsmommy
12-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Gah, just left my office with the working printer for the target coupons.

I found the Best Buy ones on my own, but they were all sold out - makes sense if it had hit slick deals.

kellij
12-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Last year Wal-mart.com had free remotes with certain game purchases. Since you have a little time you might want to keep an eye out for a couple of days and see if they do it again. I think I read about it on slick deals.

lilhilly
12-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Not to sound like a Captain Obvious, but are they just out of batteries?

alexsmommy
12-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Not to sound like a Captain Obvious, but are they just out of batteries?

lol

Nope. We have rechargeable battery packs as well as regular ones. He changes them or changes them whenever necessary.

Meatball Mommie
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
I ordered additional remotes on Amazon - I found the best deal there. That was about a month ago. I'll go back over my order and post the link.

The remote + nunchuk at $13 (I actually paid $14.87 each)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041TBMXU/ref=oh_o04_s00_i00_details

Wii motion plus at $14 (not the best price - I paid $10.71 each)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WZH9HS/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

They work great!