PDA

View Full Version : What are you waiting to buy until after Christmas/ January?

ourbabygirl
12-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Not sure how I would respond to my own question, other than maybe some odds-and-ends clothes for myself and possibly shoes for DD (if I can find any good deals)... kind of kicking myself that I didn't buy some short-sleeved shirts from LE for an upcoming trip to Florida... oh well! :)

How about you? Anything on your list that you're going to wait to buy until next week/ month?

babybell
12-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Christmas tree (maybe), tree decorations, lights, wrapping paper, bows, ribbon, gift tags... mostly seasonal, I guess.

wimama
12-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I am looking for a deal on some Bumgenius 4.0 cloth diapers. I bought some on Black Friday, but I need more. And, if I found a great deal, new quality queen sheet set. Oh, and Asics Kayano running shoes.

AnnieW625
12-21-2011, 12:01 AM
a 25 cuft. bottom freezer no water in door refrigerator, and if the budget allows after we get the fridge, and almost the entire inside of our house painted, a new 42" or 46" LED tv.

Wimama, I'll keep you in mind once DD2 is potty trained and no longer needing the large Bum Genius diapers. I have pink, dark pink, and a light purple one so it should be perfect for your DD. I love them a lot and wish I would've found them when DD2 was a lot younger (I found them when she was 15 months old!). I want to buy more, but we only cloth diaper on the weekends and holidays so we have the perfect amount right now.

For the first time in ........................7 yrs. I might need to buy Christmas wrap the day after Christmas this year. I went hog wild when we first moved here and I have finally gotten to the last two or three rolls. I think I had 12 or so to begin with.

amldaley
12-21-2011, 03:41 AM
LapPad. We want to get either a LeapPad or a small, cheap netbook for DD as a big sister gift for when DD2 arrives in Feb.

hillview
12-21-2011, 08:21 AM
NOTHING. Seriously.

I am always on the hunt for HA LJs on sale!

Melaine
12-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Hillary, you saw the cowboy/cowgirl LJs that were $15, right? I saw it on SDs a day or two ago.

I'm also looking for nothing, REALLY. NOTHING. I am planning on maybe buying some yarn so I can start crocheting a blanket for the baby, and I might sew some stuff for him. But other than that....seriously need to STOP shopping for awhile. The only big thing I need to get for him is a stroller and that can wait.

ourbabygirl
12-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Ooooooh! I didn't know you were having a boy, Melaine! CONGRATS! :yay:

hillview
12-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Hillary, you saw the cowboy/cowgirl LJs that were $15, right? I saw it on SDs a day or two ago.

Thanks! I only do the striped they last from kid to kid much better and the kids prefer them.

sewarsh
12-21-2011, 09:34 AM

I'm also looking for nothing, REALLY. NOTHING. I am planning on maybe buying some yarn so I can start crocheting a blanket for the baby, and I might sew some stuff for him. But other than that....seriously need to STOP shopping for awhile. The only big thing I need to get for him is a stroller and that can wait.

yeah! a boy! i bet your DH is happy you convinced him to go for #3! now he won't be so outnumbered! :)

Melaine
12-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I just found out yesterday! I'm THRILLED. DH will get used to it, but he actually wanted another girl! I know he will love it, he just likes to stick with the familiar I guess!

The girls are really excited also but I think they would have responded in the same way for a girl....several of my friends have had boys lately so they have seen how cute and sweet they are. We're happy (and just so thrilled that everything checked out ok at the ultrasound, of course).

katydid1971
12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
I just found out yesterday! I'm THRILLED. DH will get used to it, but he actually wanted another girl! I know he will love it, he just likes to stick with the familiar I guess!

The girls are really excited also but I think they would have responded in the same way for a girl....several of my friends have had boys lately so they have seen how cute and sweet they are. We're happy (and just so thrilled that everything checked out ok at the ultrasound, of course).
Congratulations!!!! So happy for you. He is going to get so much mothering between you and the girls ;)

Oh right what am I looking to buy. I need new prelit garland, our current stuff doesn't light anymore. I'm hoping to find some Lego deals. DH and I want to replace the TV in our master bedroom because its so old it doesn't work with any current components. (it has a VHS player built in that the kids like to shove things into) I read that the best deals for TVs is around super bowl time.

tarnator
12-21-2011, 12:34 PM
2 wreaths and some christmas wrap.

That REALLY should be the only things that I buy from now on!

brittone2
12-21-2011, 01:59 PM
requested GCs to use at Sephora and Nordstrom. Time for some really nice jeans for me :)

Our new house has a 13-14 foot ceiling in the FR, so we did a huge tree this year (12 feet?). We had enough ornaments, but it would look better w/ additional ornaments, so I'll be picking up some shatterproof stuff to use next year. We usually pick up additional garland and stuff like that at 75% off at Target after Christmas. I have stopped buying the cheapo sale wrapping paper at Target after Christmas, and got a huge Costco roll this year, so that will carry us through next year too I think.

mommy111
12-21-2011, 02:24 PM

Congratulations!!! Best wishes for a happy and healthy 9!

mommy111
12-21-2011, 02:27 PM
I am going to look for a winter jacket for me. Wish I had seen the LE sale, would totally have bought something

elbert
12-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Christmas tree (maybe), tree decorations, lights, wrapping paper, bows, ribbon, gift tags... mostly seasonal, I guess.

Just saw artificial Christmas trees already 50% off...

maylips
12-21-2011, 03:25 PM

I'm thrilled for you too! There is something about boys....especially if he's going to be your last as well (not sure about that with you). They are WAAAAYYY different, though!

legaleagle
12-21-2011, 04:02 PM
I am looking for a deal on some Bumgenius 4.0 cloth diapers. I bought some on Black Friday, but I need more. And, if I found a great deal, new quality queen sheet set. Oh, and Asics Kayano running shoes.

Cottonbabies has 4.0 seconds up now - $10 w/o insert.

http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=51

MomtoNico
12-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Cant wait for the Target toy sale. Have money aside for it already. Happens at the end on January. Also love going to the Kittery outlets. Use to love Old Navy half of clearance sales. Buy havent found great deals there lately.

WOuld love to get some nice xmas decorations too.

Seitvonzu
12-21-2011, 05:39 PM
i'm actually in the "NOTHING!" category too... i hope ;)

KrisM
12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
I need to restock on wrapping paper. I usually can find something to use for birthdays, too. But, we will be out of both family and Santa paper after this year, so I'll get those.

That's about it. I'll hit the sales shopping for our PTO's Santa Shop though. It's a great time to get items for that.

2zeke
12-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Groceries. I need to do a major restock, but I don't want to deal with the crowds right now.

liz
12-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Wrapping paper and an outdoor inflatable snowman. We have a santa but he looks lonely, so I want to give him company :)

KLD313
12-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Nothing, I'm so done with shopping. Having said that, who knows if I'll venture out and find something I must have.

pjsmom30
12-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Some sort of storage container with little drawers for all the Lego's my kids are receiving from Santa!

ZeeBaby
12-21-2011, 07:59 PM

:thumbsup:

nabigus
12-21-2011, 08:28 PM
A screaming (seriously screaming) deal on a new suit. I have back-to-back interviews in January, and my old suit is looking shabby. Maybe Ann Taylor?