PDA

View Full Version : Bubblebum questions

NCGrandma
12-21-2011, 04:33 PM
My family will be traveling to Orlando (guess their destination...) in February. My tall 7.5 yo DGD1 does fine in her Big Kid Amp but I think a Bubblebum will be easier for travel. Now that it's been out in the US for several months, I'm looking for BTDT experiences, and also for tips about anywhere that sells it for less than full price. I haven't found any place that discounts it, and it's one of the excluded brands from those 'almost everything on the site' discount codes.

When we all went to FL when she was 5, the rental car place tried to convince us that she didn't need any sort of car seat/booster -- but they hadn't met this 'car seat grandma'!!!

hillview
12-21-2011, 06:23 PM
We have a bubble bum. DS1 is 6 and 50 inches tall 55 lbs. He used the bubble bum when his cousin was visiting for a ride and it worked really well. We plan to take it to Disney and Europe in the next couple of months. I think it would not be good for sleeping or all day trips but an hour here or there would be perfect. The child has to be really good at sitting properly in a booster (DS has been in a booster for a few months).
/hillary

jhamman
12-21-2011, 06:30 PM
We tried the Bubblebum last summer for rental car use while visiting family.
DS is 7yo, about 52" tall and 60lbs, and usually very good at following car seat rules.

I was hopeful it would work out for us, but DS gave it a try and said it felt
like he was sitting on a rubber ball or a balloon, and said it wasn't comfortable.
We tried adjusting the air level, but nothing seemed quite right, so we ended
up stopping at a Target to buy a traditional booster.

I hope it works out better for you than it did for us...it was really easy to
pack and inflate, so I'm disappointed it didn't work out for us.