PDA

View Full Version : where to look for Legoland (CA) and San Diego Zoo deals?

Reader
12-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Anyone have suggestions? We used to be zoo members but it looks like they've changed it so that you can't be a member if you live a certain distance away (and we do).

justlearning
12-21-2011, 08:05 PM
These Lego packs come with 8 party favors and on the back of each one is a coupon for a free child's admission with adult admission (or perhaps it can even be used for two if two adults--I can't remember):

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4300612&prodFindSrc=search

So perhaps it'd work out well if you plan on going there multiple times. I know that when we were in SD a couple of summers ago, Burger King was giving away these same coupons for free child's admission too.

ett
12-21-2011, 08:15 PM
There's also the same coupon on the Lego wreath polybag sold at TRU.

We went several years ago and SIL found a deal through Costco.

Reader
12-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks. Do you guys know if they have to be sold at TRU to have the coupon or could I just buy them on Amazon? (No TRU near us).

justlearning
12-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks. Do you guys know if they have to be sold at TRU to have the coupon or could I just buy them on Amazon? (No TRU near us).

Here's the description on Amazon so, yes, it's the same as the party favor pack sold by TRU:

Product Features
Includes 4 LEGO Creator Airplanes, 4 LEGO Creator 4x4 trucks, 8 LEGO Club memberships and 8 LEGOLAND or LEGOLAND Discovery Center admission tickets
The perfect complement to any LEGO themed party in one fun kit

ett
12-21-2011, 10:16 PM

The Lego wreath is a TRU exclusive item.

mollyrryan
12-21-2011, 11:50 PM
We just went in October and found the 3-day San Diego Go Card thru Costco online to be the best deal.

wendyp
12-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Are you going before 12/31/11? I have some 2 for 1 Admission Offers for Legoland if you're interested. They are valid for a one day pass or a Legoland/Sea Life Hopper. You could use it for 2 adults or 2 kids, or one of each! PM me if interested. I have 4 and they expire 12/31/11.

ha98ed14
12-22-2011, 02:29 AM
I have coupons for free child admission with the purchase on an adult ticket to Legoland. They are good through 6/2012. If you email me your address via the BBB (not PM, it's full), I will send you as many as you want.

AnnieW625
12-22-2011, 02:30 AM
If you still want to join the zoo you can join the curators club for $250, which if you plan on going at least twice (I think) is a good deal. Their is a link on the bottom of their membership web page.

No clue about Legoland discounts but IMHO I would only go if you have bogo tickets. I think it is extremely expensive for what you get ESP. if your kids are younger than 4.

ShellB
12-22-2011, 03:06 AM
The latest Lego Club magazine has free child admission coupons with a paid adult. I nabbed several copies of the magazine at the Lego store