PDA

View Full Version : It's a boy...

mctlaw
12-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Just found out I am having a second boy! And the anatomy scan and bloodwork were all healthy and good.

Truthfully, I am having some mixed emotions. We are going to tell DS tonight and I know he will be so happy (he would not even consider that there might be a little girl in there; I guess he knew). I think it is really cool that there will be a big brother/little bro relationship. And my first DS is just about as sweet as you can get.

But I'm a little sad I'm never ever going to have a little DD (we are definitely stopping with 2 ). Can some of you moms of multiple boys pump me up a little, pretty please?

Of course I am so glad all indications are for a healthy baby so please don't be mean to me.

arivecchi
12-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Congrats! :yay:

I am here to tell you that having two boys is AWESOME!

I guess for me it was different as I wanted another boy so I was thrilled that DS2 was a boy as well.

I love being surrounded by cute little men, their trains, cars, swords and superheroes!

It's honestly a ton of fun and so great to hand all the cute clothes down!

My boys have an amazing relationship and I would not have it any other way.

I'm actually glad I don't have girls because I would likely be an even more insane shopper than I already am! :D

artvandalay
12-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Congratulations! Having two boys is so much fun. Mine are (almost 5) and 7. It's so cute to see the way the younger one looks up to the older one. They do so many fun things together!

I do have a baby girl, but having the boys close in age has been wonderful.

bekahjean
12-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Congratulations! I've got two boys and they are just reaching the age where they play together. Will is 3 and Andy is 15 months. It's so cute when they play nicely together. :) Welcome to the (as my friend once called it) June Cleaver/Gwen Stephani club!

ett
12-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Congratulations!

Having 2 boys is awesome!

All the toys and clothes gets handed down. I love looking at pics of the boys wearing the passed down outfits.

My boys also have a great relationship and I love watching them play together.

artvandalay
12-22-2011, 11:57 AM
All the toys and clothes gets handed down. I love looking at pics of the boys wearing the passed down outfits.

Oh yeah, that's a defininte plus!

BabyBearsMom
12-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Not a mom of multiple boys but pg with my 2nd girl (and last baby) so I know how you feel. It's not that I'm disappointed that DD2 is a girl, so much that I'm a little sad that we will never have a boy. Some of the positives I am trying to focus on:

1) I already have all the clothes and stuff so this is a major money saver for us.
2) I already know what to expect with a girl. I don't need to learn about new anatomy or how to care for it.
3) DD will have a sister (in your case your DS will have a brother). I have a really close relationship with my sister and I am thrilled that my DDs will have the opportunity to have that kind of relationship.

TwinFoxes
12-22-2011, 12:39 PM
No boy BTDT, but a hearty congratulations! :D

mommylamb
12-22-2011, 12:51 PM
You sound just like me. We're having a second boy too, and I did have a moment or two of regret that I would never have a daughter. And we are D.O.N.E. after this one, so really, it is just 2 boys for me. DS was really excited though. He wanted a brother. And he is just such a wonderful little boy, so my experience as a boy mom has been great so far.

Congratulations!!! So glad all the testing went well!

mctlaw
12-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Thank you for the well wishes! I am coming to terms with it, but your thoughts on the matter REALLY do help. I know it will be awesome and my little boys will be so sweet together. Yay little boys!

Melaine
12-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Congrats!!!

daisymommy
12-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Congrats on a healthy baby boy in there!
And I just want to echo the PP sentiments, that there is nothing cuter than seeing your two little boys together, the younger one looking up in admiration to the older one, or the older taking the younger under his wing and teaching him new things (how to build with Legos, play fight with swords, playing super-heros together). It just melts my heart!

lilycat88
12-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Not a parent to two boys but I've been where you are. When I found out DS was a boy, I cried. I wanted another girl and was convinced we were having another girl. I wouldn't change a thing now. So, don't beat yourself up over feeling whatever you are feeling.

hillview
12-22-2011, 01:38 PM
2 Boys here!
Fun parts
This morning DS1 was explaining to DS2 how many horses a knight needs and DS2 was SUPER interested.
They pee together.
DH takes them to the bathroom not me :)
They share clothes
They are both mamma's boys and want to snuggle all the time with me
They like similar things so no drama between a princess movie vs something else
I figure we have half the clutter we'd have if we had one of each
I am the only girl :)

/hillary

MSWR0319
12-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I understand how you are feeling. I am due in May With #2 who is guessed to be a boy based on a very early ultrasound. We had our 20 wk scan last week and haven't opened the envelope yet with the anatomy pictures inside! I want it to be a surprise we all open on Christmas. part of me is afraid to open it then because I know I will be a bit sad that I'll never have a girl, but I keep telling myself that DS will love having a brother. Congrats on a healthy baby!

wencit
12-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Another mom of 2 boys here. I actually didn't find out Baby #2's gender until the birth and then cried in the delivery room when he was born -- partly out of happiness, partly out of relief that my awful GD-pregnancy was over, and yes, partly out of disappointment that he was another boy. In my PP hormonal state, I couldn't even look at a picture of a baby girl for about 2 months without bursting into tears. Like you, I knew we were done at 2, and I was forced to come to grips with the fact that I'd never get the daughter I had always dreamed about.

It took a while, but I eventually came around to acceptance, and really, truly started bonding with DS2 once he was older and more interactive, at around 12 months. I don't know if it's because his personality is so different from his older brother's (who is the sweetest, gentlest boy imaginable), but DS2 is turning out to be a fiesty little firecracker who just acts so much CUTER than DS1 ever did. Parenting him is a completely different experience from parenting his older brother, mostly in good ways. And now I can honestly say that I love and adore DS2 every bit as much as DS1.

Watching my 2 boys play and interact with each other is truly a heartwarming experience. They now even share the same twin bed, because DS2 just loves snuggling up with his big brother. Seeing the respect and admiration in DS2's eyes for his older brother, and the way DS1 gives his younger brother gigantic bear hugs and says, "I love you!!!".... it brings tears to a mother's eyes. :heartbeat:

Now, all of this is not to say that I won't always have a little longing in my heart for the daughter I never had, because I probably will. However, I've also finally found peace in my heart with my 2 sons, and you eventually will, too. :)

joules
12-22-2011, 02:38 PM
We are in the same boat. I so desperately wanted a girl for my first pregnancy (all girls on my mom's side so that's all I knew). But then DS#1 came and I fell in love and am so thankful he turned out to be a boy.

When I got pregnant with DC#2, half of me really hoped for another boy b/c I thought they would be soooo cute playing together. And the other half of me really hoped for a girl as this is our last one too. So when we found out it's another boy I was both excited and sad. But you know what? I would have felt the same if it was the other way as well!

I am still a bit sad when I see all the pretty baby girl clothes. But also so glad that we are saving so much money by recycling DS1's clothes. Plus, boy clothes are easy....a few pairs of pants and a few shirts and jackets, and one or 2 pairs of shoes. Done. More money to spend on my clothes and more closet space for me!! haha.

amldaley
12-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Congrats!

hellokitty
12-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Congrats and :hug: Btdt 3x. I am a mom to three boys, but always wanted a girl. I love my boys and yes there is something special about brothers. It is easier that our household items and activities are all geared toward boys. Im finally starting to embrace the role of being the queen of the castle It doesn't mean you love them any less, but I understand that ache that you will not get to experience having a dd. I honestly will never get past the disappointment, esp since i did not have a sister and when I begged my my mom to have another baby (2 younger brothers already), she simply told me that someday I would have a dd of my own. So, it's been a crushing experience to not get that girl 3x. We are finished. I don't want anymore babies. I'm so looking forward to ds3 growing up And being more indep. If you need a safe person to vent to, don't hesitate to pm me.

BabbyO
12-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Congrats! :yay:

I am here to tell you that having two boys is AWESOME!

I guess for me it was different as I wanted another boy so I was thrilled that DS2 was a boy as well.

I love being surrounded by cute little men, their trains, cars, swords and superheroes!

It's honestly a ton of fun and so great to hand all the cute clothes down!

My boys have an amazing relationship and I would not have it any other way.

I'm actually glad I don't have girls because I would likely be an even more insane shopper than I already am! :D

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Congrats! Having 2 boys is Awesome. DS1 (2.5) will say to me, "When J (DS2 - 4 mo) is bigger he can play with my big trains," then try to had DS2 one of his small trains.

I know I'm in for a fun ride...and so are you!

arivecchi
12-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Agreeing with hillview too that it's nice to be the lady of the house! :thumbsup:

No one will be borrowing our clothes or shoes when they are older. ;)

DrSally
12-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Congratulations!

ast96
12-22-2011, 06:35 PM
I have three boys. They fight a lot, and I cannot blow sunshine - I don't like being the only girl and I am certainly not queen of this castle... More like the maid. BUT. Each of my boys is precious, sweet, and wonderful in his own way, and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. It's not always easy. It's not. And over the past several years, I have found myself grappling with my grief over not having a daughter. But, seriously, I love my children and I love who each of them are. And though they fight like crazy and it's not always heartwarming and cute, they are brothers most of all, and there is something special about that, definitely. I look forward to watching them grow up together and support each other - I hope - as they mature.

There is nothing sweeter than a baby - boy or girl. Congratulations. This little boy will be the love of your life, I am certain, because he will always be your baby.

lmh2402
12-22-2011, 10:10 PM
congratulations! i'm actually hoping for another boy :D

i was so upset when DS was born (we didn't find out in advance)...in my gut i knew it was a boy, but i was still heartbroken

but now i can't imagine it any other way and i'm praying for another little boy to cuddle

(of course, i will be thrilled with whomever we get...but fingers and toes crossed for a boy!)

LMPC
12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Just wanted to squeeze in another CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :thumbsup:

smilequeen
12-22-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm kind of with arivvechi and hillview in that it's nice to be queen :) I think all families are special and single gender families are special in a very different way from mixed gender families. I love my little band of brothers and watching them together.

In addition...
I enjoy little matching outfits.
I love having things like this in my house
http://media10.dropshots.com/photos/22587/20110914/153802.jpg
I love that they run around together and wear each other out :)
I love little boy clothes, little boy toys, watching them play sports...

Now, it's not all perfect b/c being a mom is just plain hard sometimes. And sometimes I do feel a little longing for the girl I'll never have (I did always imagine I'd have at least one of each). I'll go get my nails done and usually I like being alone but every once in a while a mother/daughter will walk in and it kind of hits me, things like that. There is nothing I would change about my family, but sometimes I wish I had the guts to go for just one more...

SnuggleBuggles
12-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Mom to 2 boys here. I love being a mom to boys. :) Ds2 loves his big brother so, so much too. I honestly don't know what I would do with a girl- I feel like I get boy-world! Congratulations!!!

Simon
12-23-2011, 10:03 AM
I love having 2 boys so much that I desperately wanted #3 to be a boy too. Everyone thought we were trying for a girl, but I am thrilled to be getting another boy.

Ds2 is in love with his big brother and Ds1 is so very sweet with him. Their relationship is just amazing. I love that they play well together, like the same toys and get excited about the same things (yesterday is was race cars/NASCAR).

I love that they are going to have similar experiences in life, even though they have vastly different personalities and likes/dislikes. There are some basic common experiences to being a boy that I think will give them an amazing bond as they grow up together.

I will say that Dh and I both mourned not having a girl. Even though I wasn't wishing for one with this pg, I am sad that I won't have that experience of mothering some days. Other days, I read about or see little girls and think that I am totally okay skipping the job of parenting girls.

mickminmom
12-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Congratulations! :hug:

mctlaw
12-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Thank you everyone! I am feeling better about things and your posts have really, truly warmed me up inside. Thank you to everyone but especially those that shared your personal stories with me. We told DS last night and he was so excited!

sntm
01-19-2012, 01:58 AM
We found out two weeks ago that this baby is a boy also. It took a few days to get over, especially as SO would prefer no more (one and done, he says!) though I'd defy itely consider a third.

Mine will be 9 years apart, but I was watching the 2nd wimpy kids movie and actually getting very wistful over the big/little brother relationship.

Here's to being queen of the house, as my friend says!

amldaley
01-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Yea!!!! :jammin:

mctlaw
01-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Congrats sntm! And I couldn't agree more!

mctlaw
01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
And as you can see my siggy now reflects it!

hellokitty
01-19-2012, 07:07 PM
And as you can see my siggy now reflects it!

Aww, I just noticed your sig. Congrats on the boy and it's good to see another min pin mama. :) Sadly, our (16 yr old) min pin passed away a yr and a half ago. I miss her, she was my first baby.

sste
01-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Mctlaw, I just saw this and congrats!!

I think whatever way the gender turns out there is a little bit of sadness. I had a preference for DD and I got a DD for a second . . . and I am wistful sometimes for another little boy and for DS to have the opportunity for a younger brother. DS is beyond wistful and is actively campaigning for another baby (boy)!

I know alot of boy moms who felt the way you described initially who now wouldn't have it any other way. Looks like from your siggy you are getting there.

lovin2shop
01-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Another boy Mom here, and I really love it! I'm not afraid to do some "girly" things with my little ones when I've had enough of SportsCenter, and I just hope their wives will thank me someday. We love to cook together, I've read the whole Little House series out loud, and Just Dance is a favorite on the Wii! Don't worry a thing about it, you will have a great time!

P.S. It's really fun to "adopt" a friend's daughter and spoil her with all the barbies and glitter nail polish and lipstick that you can find! I just went to a 5 year old dress up party and had an even better time than her mom!

DrSally
01-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Congratulations!