PDA

View Full Version : Boden Track Pants - Holes in the Knees In About a Month

Kindra178
12-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Along with the rest of you, I have been on an endless search to find fleece pants that my kid could hold up, not be floods and had double knees. We landed on HAs last year, but this year, DS1 is too tall for 110s and not big enough for 120s. After diligently searching, I found and loved Boden Track Pants. I did get some percentage off but, they are still pricey for sweatpants. I didn't mind paying the extra money because I thought they would last for at least a couple of kids. DS1 loved them so much that I just more, including some for DS2.

Well, lo and behold, after about a month, holes in the knees. Totally frustrated.

hillview
12-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah. DS1 had a pair and handed them down but DS2 put holes in them. I did get the boys a new set with the recent sale. Let's see how they wear. I do make sure I put them on them when it is low grade play or more lounging vs playground play.

The LE Climber pants are still the BEST pants for knees.

mctlaw
12-22-2011, 11:57 AM
I feel for you. I agree w/ Hillview, LE Climbers have been the sturdiest for us, but DS has begun to even wear through those. I no longer harbor any hopes for saving pants for DS2. I save the Boden pants for weekends where I can monitor his play, as the rough stuff is occurring at school recess.

Kindra178
12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
I wish LE would make Climber sweatpants. DS1 wears a size 6 in the Climber pants. The 5s are way too short. He can't really hold them up for serious running/gym class/playground wear, so he doesn't love to wear them to school. I am back to square 1.

Sopamanda
12-22-2011, 12:28 PM
I ordered Khakis from Land's end during the last pretty big sale. I didn't pay a ton but in a WEEK both knees were completely ripped out.

I know they take them back but I'm on bedrest. So not impressed.

crl
12-22-2011, 01:17 PM
My ds can put holes in the knees of jeans in less than six months. He went through both layers of the LE climber pants in under six months. Sigh.

The best sweats I have found so far are the gap ones. They stayed up on him even when he was so skinny in was buying slim jeans and adjusting the waist in a lot. They last about three to four months without holes. I only buy them on sale.

(I have decided that my ds now has play clothes that are already trashed and the pants without holes are for school and the like. We will see how that goes.)

Catherine

Kindra178
12-22-2011, 01:45 PM
My ds can put holes in the knees of jeans in less than six months. He went through both layers of the LE climber pants in under six months. Sigh.

The best sweats I have found so far are the gap ones. They stayed up on him even when he was so skinny in was buying slim jeans and adjusting the waist in a lot. They last about three to four months without holes. I only buy them on sale.

(I have decided that my ds now has play clothes that are already trashed and the pants without holes are for school and the like. We will see how that goes.)

Catherine

I don't care about holes for school and such. My bigger issue, which has not been an issue this season yet, is that holes make you cold!

citymama
12-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Contact them - they will replace them ASAP!