PDA

View Full Version : Workbench! Educo vs. Treehaus

pastrygirl
12-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I had gotten the Educo My Professional Workshop for Christmas, but then saw that the Treehaus one at JCPenney was one sale. I checked it out today and really liked it. It seems nice and big for my two tall kids. I have the Educo kitchen and it's a bit tight for them to play at the same time, and I'm guessing the workbench is the same size.

Educo (I paid ~70):
http://www.amazon.com/Educo-ED706420-My-Professional-Workshop/dp/B000JT5LZ6

Treehaus (I paid ~50 after coupon):
http://www.amazon.com/TreeHaus-Little-Carpenters-Wooden-Inches/dp/B005GLRDEY

Which one should I keep?

katydid1971
12-22-2011, 02:28 PM
The cheaper one.

kristac
12-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Agree they look similar. I'd keep the treehaus one.

ahisma
12-22-2011, 10:36 PM
I haven't bought anything by Treehaus, but I have researched it. I read some pretty poor reviews - wood splitting, seemed poor quality, etc.

I do have Educo toys and have found them to be well made.

Can you open them up and compare the quality? I agree that I'd lean towards the cheaper one, but not if it was sacrificing quality....

pastrygirl
12-23-2011, 12:19 PM
If we're going to keep the Treehaus one, then we're giving the Educo one to my nephew for a joint Christmas/birthday gift. If we keep the Educo one, then I'll return the Treehaus one to JCPenney. My husband thinks he likes the Treehaus one better. It might make sense to assemble the Educo one, since we're not returning it either way. And, if it seems sturdy enough, we'll just keep that one. It's true that the Educo kitchen has lasted without any issues, so it might be worth going with the brand that we have experience with. OTOH, my husband is a woodworker, and can fix any issues that might come up with the Treehaus one...

pastrygirl
12-24-2011, 12:07 AM
He assembled the Treehaus one tonight and REALLY likes it. He says he can probably stand on it, it's so sturdy. Yay!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk