PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Kids Monterey Booster $70 with Kohls Card

lowrioh
12-22-2011, 04:08 PM
In case someone is looking, I noticed that Kohls has the Monterey booster on sale for $99 and if you use a KC you can get 30% off with Gifts4all and free shipping. Ending up with $69.xx. You would also get $10 in Kohls cash.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/baby/features/online_only/travel_gear/car_seats/PRD~692197/Sunshine+Kids+Monterey+Booster+Car+Seat.jsp

FooMama
12-22-2011, 04:28 PM
DS doesn't need a booster for a while, but is it worth getting this now? Is this a super good deal or common to see it on sale at this price?

TIA!

lowrioh
12-22-2011, 04:34 PM
I did a quick search and it seems like this is a great deal. This model is being discontinued so maybe that is why the prices are going down.

Mom of XX&XY
12-22-2011, 04:58 PM
I wasn't looking but this is a great price. I picked one up for use next school year. Hopefully the exp. date is far in advance. TIA!

octmom
12-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks! I needed to order a second booster for DD and we love the three Montereys that we already have. Looks like the last Britax MA is finally coming out of DH's car. :cheerleader1:

HallsofVA
12-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Awesome! Thanks for posting. This is the older model just replaced by the Diono version, but we have this exact same seat in one car and love it. For the price ($72 shipped, less $10 Kohl's cash, and possibly $7 in discover cashback) I don't mind at all if it's last year's model. I was just about to drop $100 or more on one of these since I'm tired of hooking DD into the MA.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Thanks OP! Paid $50 after a GC left over from DD's B-day.

I bought one, and I am having mommy guilt for not keeping her in her Britax MA longer. She is almost 5, 45lbs and tall. But my MA buckle keeps sticking and my car is not LATCH so the seat never feels secure. We are still keeping her in the middle and this is a great booster!

lynnea6
12-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Ack, I've been looking for an affordable booster with latch, but it's so pink.

oneontheway
12-23-2011, 08:13 AM
How do these compare to the Graco high back booster? Better quality, safer?

RedSuedeShoes
12-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Well, I was seriously tempted by this price, but ended up deciding to wait for another color. It's just too pink for us - I'd be buying it for my 6.5 y.o. daughter to use now, but eventually her 2.5 y.o. brother would be using it. One of the things I love about the Sunshine Kids seats is they last for 8 years instead of 6 (isn't that true of all their seats?), and I'm just not sure that my future 5-6-7-y.o. son will not mind having a seat that pink.

Great deal for someone looking for a pink seat, though!

HallsofVA
12-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Got an email this morning that Kohl's canceled my order for some reason. Oh well. Guess half off almost for last years model was too good to be true. Anyone else have their order canceled?

abstonka
12-29-2011, 11:47 PM
My date of manufacture was 9/09. I am not happy with this deal for a 2+ year old seat. Will call Kohl's tomorrow to see if they can send another at the same price or discount this one even more. Otherwise, I will be taking this one back. There are no more Monterey boosters (or Sunshine Kids seats) on Kohls.com.

nellonello
12-29-2011, 11:59 PM
My date of manufacture was 9/09. I am not happy with this deal for a 2+ year old seat. Will call Kohl's tomorrow to see if they can send another at the same price or discount this one even more. Otherwise, I will be taking this one back. There are no more Monterey boosters (or Sunshine Kids seats) on Kohls.com.

That is a huge bummer. I got mine today with a manufacture date of 5/2011. I would definitely try and get a replacement.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-30-2011, 01:54 AM
7/11 date for me, they are all over the place with dates!

HallsofVA
12-30-2011, 02:33 AM
Wow. Am I the only one who had my order canceled??

octmom
12-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Mine came yesterday with a 3/2011 manufacture date.

Mom of XX&XY
12-30-2011, 09:40 AM

I just checked mine too and it's 9/09 too! That's ridiculous! Let me know what Kohl's says when you call. Unless there's a discount I'm returning mine too. BTW did you order gray? I wonder if it was just the gray ones.

Mom of XX&XY
12-30-2011, 11:48 AM
I just called and all they would offer was 20%. I took it, but am still contemplating return. FYI the Sunshine Kids boosters are only good for 6 years. The regular car seats and infant seats are good for 8.

abstonka
12-30-2011, 10:56 PM
I just called and all they would offer was 20%. I took it, but am still contemplating return. FYI the Sunshine Kids boosters are only good for 6 years. The regular car seats and infant seats are good for 8.

I was not offered anything to keep the booster. I told the rep that he could make it a better deal for me to keep it or they could send UPS back to get it, and the guy said to look for my email with the return shipping details. He did not object that the seat was defective considering 1/3 of its life span was gone.

I probably would have kept it for $20 more off. That is not quite 1/3 of the seat's value, but it would have justified the hassle. I did order the gray---was hoping DS could use it in ~four years after DD outgrows it. Oh well. I might try calling again tomorrow before I ship it back. Calling Kohls is such a hassle, though. I was on the phone for at least 20 minutes. At least this time the guy did not try to sell me a shirt. He tried to find a similar seat at the price point, totally disregarding that I said I wanted this particular seat! Congrats to those who got new or newer seats.

mickminmom
01-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Just got ours....Pink with a manufacture date of 5/11

Thanks, OP!