PDA

View Full Version : Little people zoo - arrived broken!

Mamabear4
12-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Well I didn't follow the wonderful BBB advice and waited until last night to assemble the gifts. We got DS2 the little people zoo talkers and it's not working right. We were tearing through everything, trying to have it all put together before midnight and DH had already broken down the box it came in by the time I realize it wasn't working.
The sounds only work sporadically on the middle volume setting and not at all on the high. The lily pad only works half the time. And the big sound button that's supposed to do each animal will sometimes make the sound of the water from the lily pad. I switched the batteries out, played around with the connections but it's still not working.
I'm 99% sure it's just wired wrong and we need a new base. We went ahead and completely assembled it Last night b/c that was DS2's big Santa gift and we didnt have any other choice - and DS2 LOVES it! We bought it at Target and there is no feasible way to disassemble and get it back into the box. Is my best bet to call Fisher Price? Ideally I'd like someone to just send me a new base that I could switch out- the rest of it is fine!
Any been there done that advice? I assume Target will be less than helpful.

MamaMolly
12-25-2011, 02:33 PM
I'd try FP first, then take it back to Target if you have to. GL!

Philoscript
12-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi,

I had a similar problem with our dollhouse from Fisher Price. I couldn't return the broken one to the store it came from. It was already assembled before I noticed the part. However, I called Fisher Price's customer service and spoke with a representative and asked if they could send extra pieces for the dollhouse prior to Christmas. You may have luck too with them sending a new piece and not have to bring it back to a store.

Philoscript

Mamabear4
12-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try FP customer service first. Keep your fingers crossed!

brittone2
12-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Hopefully FP will take care of you. So frustrating when that happens!