PDA

View Full Version : Size guess for next winter...

AngB
12-26-2011, 03:08 AM
So with all of the huge sales, I'm trying to buy clothes that are on clearance now for next fall/winter. (Right now looking at The Children's Place) problem is, I have no idea what size to go with though for things like pants especially...DS is 8 months and wearing some size 6 months, some 9 month, some 12 month...mostly 12 month that's slightly big. He has always been big for his age, 90% for height, 70% for weight at 6 months...although he definitely has slowed down, at 4 months he was 95%ile for both height and weight.

So for next fall/winter, would you go for 24 months or would you go bigger like 2t? I know that their growth slows down as they get older and I know there's no guarantee that stuff will fit but what size would you go with if it was you? (also, the clothes sizing kinda confuses me once they stop going by months!)

Thanks!

crl
12-26-2011, 09:27 AM
I would go to the CDC growth charts and plot out height and weight for the middle of next winter assuming your child follows his growth curve and go by that. Children's Place runs small so you may need to size up to take that into account. (For example dd is wearing 3T tops in Gymboree, but 4T in Children's Place.). I'm not sure what she "should" be wearing by the Children's Place size charts, I've just always sized up.

Catherine

AngB
12-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks, great idea! Also good to know that the children's place runs small.