PDA

View Full Version : Sorel boots

babybunny
12-26-2011, 12:52 PM
I have three pairs of Sorel boots that I need to evaluate and choose. All were pretty good deals at the time of purchase. I need to return two pairs. I would primarily use these for shovelling snow. I need something to keep my feet warm in the NY metro area and possibly on ski trips to Vermont/Colorado, etc.

First is the Sorel Tivilo High in black/gray that I got at the Nordstrom's half yearly sale in July. These are size 8 and are a bit small on me. $99 They would be better under dress pants (less bulky).

Second is the Sorel Joan of Artic in size 9 from Dick's Sporting Goods Thanksgiving sale $115 but with a $17 of credit so effectively $98. These are "bothering" me in the shin area -- may get better as they are broken in. The fur is shedding...

Third is the Sorel Tofino Canvas in Black/Oyster Gray in size 9 from Amazon - These look like black/black to me. $82.99

Any thoughts?

arivecchi
12-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Since you are not happy with the first two options, I would definitely try the third option. Size up a half size or even a full size. The run small.

babybunny
12-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Decided to keep the Joan of Arc ones as they seemed the more sturdy boots. They balance my wide hips as well.

arivecchi
12-26-2011, 03:18 PM
I love those too! A friend who has them says they are super warm and loves them. I bet they do loosen up a bit, but she said hers are snug too.

arivecchi
01-03-2012, 01:20 PM
I wore my Sorels this weekend since we finally got some snow and they were so comfortable! I love them! Wore them with Hue leggings and a Vince sweater for weekend errands and a movie. :)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-aV8rpkLbiT0/TwMJVRddIwI/AAAAAAAADMQ/lZ2_blBSmI0/s512/2012-01-02_12-11-27_331.jpg

jgenie
01-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I wore my Sorels this weekend since we finally got some snow and they were so comfortable! I love them! Wore them with Hue leggings and a Vince sweater for weekend errands and a movie. :)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-aV8rpkLbiT0/TwMJVRddIwI/AAAAAAAADMQ/lZ2_blBSmI0/s512/2012-01-02_12-11-27_331.jpg

They look great! What socks are wearing them with?

niccig
01-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I love the Red ones. I got boring brown, standard ones as were on sale and I will only wear them when visit family. DH insisted I buy them as I always complain my feet are cold. I wore them for 11 days in CO and it was first time ever I was nice and warm.

arivecchi
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
They look great! What socks are wearing them with? Thanks! I think I was wearing thick ribbed CK socks.

I love the Red ones. I got boring brown, standard ones as were on sale and I will only wear them when visit family. DH insisted I buy them as I always complain my feet are cold. I wore them for 11 days in CO and it was first time ever I was nice and warm. I love brown so I am sure I would love yours too! Did you have to size up as well?

niccig
01-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks! I think I was wearing thick ribbed CK socks.

I love brown so I am sure I would love yours too! Did you have to size up as well?

I have a small foot and got a pair of youth sized boots. It's their classic version, but the youth version has a pull toggle, so easier than laces to do. I'll only ever wear them 1-2 weeks a year, but DH said it's worth it to not hear me complain of being cold. I still slipped on the ice and fell - my sister said she'll buy me a pair of crampons to wear over the top for the next ski resort visit. I'm pretty clumsy, so she's probably right about me needing them.

mackmama
01-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Love the red Sorels, A - and good choice, OP!

abh5e8
01-05-2012, 01:06 AM
cute...love the red! i got the cate the greats in stone for christmas, and i did size down a bit. i'm usually a 7.5 or 8 and i went with the 7s. they are a good fit, even with a mid weight sock.