PDA

View Full Version : Watching Disney Movies in room at Disney Resort??

sste
12-26-2011, 02:39 PM
I feel like I must be missing something here.

Post-parks in the evening we would love to be able to watch/order/pay for/netflix/whatever some of the disney movies to watch with our kids.

Last time we were in Disney, staying at a disney property, we could not figure out any way to do this with our TV. This was surprising - - certainly we aren't the only family that has had this yen after a day with furs and faces.

Is there some way to accomplish this without having to bring my own computer?!

hillview
12-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Don't think they have pay for movies in the room -- last year DS1 was sick and I was able to call housekeeping and the manager brought us a DVD player from the club floor in the hotel (we were not club level). So I think PC is your best bet! SORRY!

WatchingThemGrow
12-26-2011, 07:51 PM
seems like I've always seen them listed on the activities calendar for each resort...they show them on the beach or at the pool. They've been after my DCs' bedtime, but YMMV.

egoldber
12-26-2011, 07:59 PM
The DVC resorts have DVD players in the room.

In non-DVC resorts we have used a portable DVD player and hooked up with cables (from home).

sste
12-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks everyone! We are not staying in a dvc I don't think - - we are at the polynesian but we are not dvc members or whatever that is called.

This is just so crazy to me . . . Disney MISSING an opportunity to make $$$!!

Will be bringing our laptop or a portable dvd player. :)

karstmama
12-27-2011, 08:42 AM
they show movies at the fort wilderness campfire, just so you know, though i know that's not exactly what you're asking...

Tinkerbell313
12-27-2011, 01:57 PM
They also show movies at Animal Kingdom Lodge over in Kidani Village someplace and at Yacht and Beach Club on the beach where they roast the marshmallows.. You just need to ask when and where.

We had DVD player in the room at AKL in a non DVC room. We brought movies to watch.

HallsofVA
12-27-2011, 09:39 PM
That's one thing we love about the Disney Cruises - They offer non-stop disney movies in the staterooms. The system on the newer ships even offers video on demand for free in the staterooms, which made it even nicer, since before it seemed like we'd see the end of the movies more than we saw the beginning.

sste
12-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks everyone - - I am going to try to figure out movie times at some other resorts. The issue is that our kids go to bed at 8pm!

Halls, I tried to work out a disney cruise but I am an eleventh hour planner and everything was booked. It is hard -- dh and I don't have a great sense of what our lives will look as far in advance as you need to book a cruise. But, I REALLY want to go on one.

hellokitty
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Which resort are you at? At POFQ, they had movies on the lawn at 7pm each night. We really enjoyed it. They give you towels to sit on and the screen is huge.

KHF
12-28-2011, 08:02 PM
I know the Poly shows movies on the beach. We stayed in the Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs, so we had a DVD player. We also were there in mid-December so ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas was going on, I know we watched Bugs Life and Beauty and the Beast on it while we were there.