PDA

View Full Version : I had a BBB Christmas this year...

liz
12-26-2011, 08:51 PM
This year I gave DH some hints as to what I'd like. Do they seem familiar, lol?

Born boots:
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/b.o.c.+by+born+women%27s+martina+boot?prodId=20742 0&productRef=SEARCH

2 pair of socks:
http://www.rei.com/product/802082/smartwool-jovian-stripe-socks-womens

and Merrell shoes:
http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Womens-Encore-Ice-Slip-/dp/B003JJAYD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324946898&sr=8-1

And I love them all! Thanks for posting your recommendations over the years, I have gotten some great ideas!

Beth24
12-27-2011, 12:48 AM
That's the best way to get what you really want isn't it? Glad you are so happy with your gifts. :)

mypa
12-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Love the Born Boots! They look just like what I have been looking for in vain, simple w/ a touch of detail and comfy rubber soles.

Kuddos to your DH for getting you BBB's recommendations!

liz
12-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Love the Born Boots! They look just like what I have been looking for in vain, simple w/ a touch of detail and comfy rubber soles.

I love these boots! So warm and comfy and stylish to boot (hah, couldn't resist :)). I wore them shopping on Monday, and there was absolutely no "breaking in", they were as comfortable as sneakers. I highly recommend them.

mypa
12-28-2011, 01:10 PM
I love these boots! So warm and comfy and stylish to boot (hah, couldn't resist :)). I wore them shopping on Monday, and there was absolutely no "breaking in", they were as comfortable as sneakers. I highly recommend them.

Ooooo, sounds perfect. Boots I recently tried on all have hard leather soles, my feet cannot handle that. The rubber soles sounds heavenly! Just what I have been looking for.

Did you (your DH) buy directly from DSW online? How is the fit? Do they run narrow? How do they feel on your calf? I'm a 6.5W but usually size up to 7 to get the extra width.

I'm looking for a black pair and they are OOS in my size, wonder if the store might have some, looks like there is a store 20min. from my house. Though, the dark brown is such a nice shade it might work.

I've never shopped at DSW, do they have coupon codes and such?

ETA: I just read some of their reviews and they are awesome. Gonna go order the brown pair!

liz
12-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Ooooo, sounds perfect. Boots I recently tried on all have hard leather soles, my feet cannot handle that. The rubber soles sounds heavenly! Just what I have been looking for.

Did you (your DH) buy directly from DSW online? How is the fit? Do they run narrow? How do they feel on your calf? I'm a 6.5W but usually size up to 7 to get the extra width.

I'm looking for a black pair and they are OOS in my size, wonder if the store might have some, looks like there is a store 20min. from my house. Though, the dark brown is such a nice shade it might work.

I've never shopped at DSW, do they have coupon codes and such?

ETA: I just read some of their reviews and they are awesome. Gonna go order the brown pair!

I bought my pair at DSW. I am usually a 9.5 and wound up sticking with a size 10, mostly because of extra wiggle room for heavy wool socks and tucking in jeans. Overall, I felt they were true to size. If I had too, I could have lived with the 9.5 size just fine.

I did swing by a DSW store with DH to try them on. They were almost completely sold out of black, but they did have lots of dark brown. I think both colors would work out great.

ETA: I just came back to see that you updated your post...I hope you love them!

mimi2008
12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
if you cant find your size at dsw, try marshalls. saw those boots there recently. I noticed them because i bought them from DSW last year. love them.