PDA

View Full Version : Favorite girl names?--UPDATE in OP

BDKmom
12-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Update--

So, we are leaning toward Paige for the first name. Any suggestions for middle name? The only thing I have thought of so far is Elizabeth. DH didn't say no to it, but don't think he was excited about it, either.

If it helps, our last name starts with K, is two syllables, and ends with "y." (Probably pretty easy to figure out what it is, but a very common name, so not too worried about privacy.)

We just found out on Friday DC#2 is a girl. We have zero ideas in the name department, so I thought y'all could provide some inspiration.

What are you favorite girl names? Maybe your DC's name, or, if you are a DS mom, a girl name you would have used, or maybe something you liked but DH vetoed. All suggestions are appreciated.

For the sake of variety and not biasing your thoughts, I won't tell you what kind of names we tend to like, but our last name is two syllables and ends in -ey, so anything that would rhyme with that (-y, -ey, -ie,-i endings) is pretty much out.

Thanks!

crl
12-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Just randomly listing names I like

Margaret (nickname May)
Samantha
Juliet
Amelia
Catherine (yes, I do like my name. :) )
Sarah
Anne
Grace
Laurel

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
12-27-2011, 05:04 PM
I like classic names. Ds2 would have been Katherine (Kate), Sarah or Elisabeth.

JoyNChrist
12-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Well my top two wouldn't work for you - DD is Sadie, and if we ever have another girl she'll likely be Darcy.

Other names that were on our list:
Claire/Clara
Katherine/Kate
Sarah
Abigail
Evelyn

TwinFoxes
12-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Amelia
Marin (Mare-in, not Muh-rin)
Gabriela (can't stand "Gaby" or one DD would be named that)
Olivia
Natalie/Nathalia
Camilla
Ileana

I really liked Philippa, but I now think everyone will think Kate Middleton's sister.

I like names that end in "a" clearly! And uncommon but not whacky names.

lchang25000
12-27-2011, 05:10 PM
I like Sophia, Ella, Ava, Ellie, Camille, Seraphina, Audrey, amonst many others that aren't too traditional.

MommytoEliana
12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, my favorites are my DDs' names: Eliana and Adria. :-)

Other names that were top contenders:

Sophia
Isabella
Clara
Kiera
Elisabeth
Megan
Adriana
Emaline
Victoria
Danae
Cassandra
Rowena
Malia
Makena
Aubrielle
Audrey
Fiona

HTH!

wellyes
12-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Get something that doesn't have a -y nickname.

My personal favorites (today) are non-trendy old lady names:
Agnes
Esther
Edith
Pearl
Prudence

ourbabygirl
12-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Some are repeats, of course, but these are some of my favorites:

Claire
Katherine (nickname Kate)
Laura
Lauren
Elizabeth
Anna
Susanna
Grace
Rose
Marie

that's all I can think of right now. :)

ETA: How could I forget Alexandra?! That was another one at the top of my list...I also love Alexander for a boy, and using Alex as a nn for either one, but the gender-ambiguity of that and Samantha (another favorite) kind of made it a no-go for me. I also think Josie is cute :-).

karstmama
12-27-2011, 05:24 PM
ooh, i'll play since i can't use them!

charlotte, margaret, marae (lots of 'marie's in the family and mama's middle is 'rae'), maire (pronouced 'may-ree', an irish version of 'mary'), everette (family name, nn would be 'eve'), lillian, martha, adelle...

i love names!

lowrioh
12-27-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm also a fan of the "old lady" names
Our list included
Anne
Beatrice
Betty
Bess
Alice
Ruth
Helen/Helena
Elizabeth
Pearl
Adele
Della
Margret
Irene
Lucille (not Lucy)

AnnieW625
12-27-2011, 05:29 PM
My daughters are Elisa, and Lauren. Audrey is my favorite girl name and Abigail is DH's, but we already knew two Audreys and two Abigails from DD1's playgroup. Other names we liked were:
Christine/a (although DH is Chris and he didn't want that; we chose it for Lauren's middle name)
Genevieve
Jenna/Jena
Jocelyn
Madison
Violet
Victoria (DH lobbied hard for this one, but I just couldn't get into it)
Veronica

A friend once told me she could see me naming my daughter Charlotte, but I am glad we didn't use that name as DH's cousin named their daughter Charlotte two months after we had DD2.

I am an Anne, but have gone by Annie my entire life.

momof2girls
12-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Whitney
Juliet (dds name)
Natalia
Victoria
Kendall

curiousgeorge
Lots of good ideas already...one I love and haven't seen mentioned yet is Sloan.

meggswife
Our two daughters are Mariah Elizabeth and Janae Yvonne (Jah-Nay). :)

Mopey
12-27-2011, 05:37 PM
I like less common names, though the one I am considering if this is a girl is fairly straightforward. One of my very faves that the hubby has kind of vetoed (and also would not sound very good with our last name) is Hero. I love Shakespeare, and she was also one of Aphrodite's high priestesses :)

And hooray for old fashioned!! I love Prudence! Great song :)

momof2girls
12-27-2011, 05:47 PM
I like less common names, though the one I am considering if this is a girl is fairly straightforward. One of my very faves that the hubby has kind of vetoed (and also would not sound very good with our last name) is Hero. I love Shakespeare, and she was also one of Aphrodite's high priestesses :)

And hooray for old fashioned!! I love Prudence! Great song :)

Yes, Hero from Much Ado About Nothing, right?

Mopey
12-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Yes :)

I really wish it sounded better with my last name!

maestramommy
12-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Congratulations!

Check out my girls' names. In addition, Audrey is a name that was always on our short list. I think the reason we never went with it is because it was too popular. Eleanor is another one. One of my friends named her DD Phoebe Eleanor and I think both names are lovely. But Dh said Phoebe reminds him too much of Phoebe Cates:p Whatever.

lhafer
12-27-2011, 05:51 PM
The top 4 are my girls' names (I have 2 daughters)
Audrey
Katelyn/Caitlin
Tessa
Claire
Leah
Vivian
Lauren
Laurel
Laura
Sarah
Simone
Syndey
Sloane
Tara
Catherine
Chloe
Grace
Caroline
Hannah
Ashlyn
Victoria
Emory/Emery
Ella/Ellie/Elle
Ellory
Samantha
Georgia
Anne
Kate
Jocelyn
Josephine
Mary
Rowyn

Tondi G
12-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Paige
Olivia
Sophia
Emma
Emily
Isabelle/Isabella
Ainsley
Chloe
Georgia
Madeline
Charlotte

TwinFoxes
12-27-2011, 06:07 PM
I can't believe other people like Hero! I've liked that name for ages. :) DH vetoed it pretty quickly though.

MamaMolly
12-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Maren (like Karen with an M)
Georgia (family name)
Dorothy (family name)
Lauren

lhafer
12-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Oooohhh,

I forgot Maren and Charlotte!!! Great names!

fedoragirl
12-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Clarissa
Aurelie
Larissa
Ivy
Rosemarin

arivecchi
12-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Morgan
Hunter
Marlowe
Mackenzie
Skyler
Kennedy

cckwmh
12-27-2011, 07:29 PM
these names are on our short list if we even had another DD.

Aine (pronounce anya)
Sage
Willa
Amelia

Pyrodjm
12-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Names DH vetoed for our girls that I love:

Bethany
Penelope
Annabelle
Miriam
Sadie
Scarlett
Charlotte
Sage
Rosemary
Lydia
Calliope

wellyes
12-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Love Penelope!

Also: Millicent. I love the way my mouth feels when I say Millicent. Say it out loud. See?

ilfaith
12-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Caroline
Susannah
Audrey

brittone2
12-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Here's what I remember from our short list with DD 5 years ago:

Margot
Margaret/Meg
Vivien (I regret not using this as DD is very much a Vivien personality)
Ella
Nora
Charlotte
Catherine/Kate
Paige
Ivy

I also like Beatrice but that didn't work with the rest of the name. I also like Evelyn (Evie) but couldn't use it. Ditto Lillian/Lily. DS1 was almost an Olivia or Isabella if he had been a girl (they weren't *quite* so popular back then).

plusbellelavie
12-27-2011, 09:03 PM
In no particular order

Joy
Zoe
Isabelle
Oceania
Fleur
Olivie
Danielle
Lucy
Flavie
Beatrice
Betsy
Sabrina
Kacy
Willow
Sage
Blair
Winnifred
Faurstine
Ainsley
Jackie
Harmony
Cambria
Noelle
Joelle
Summer

BTW Congratulations! And have fun deciding!

MamaSnoo
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
I did not read all the replies yet....here are some that we like:

Julia
Brielle
Anabella
Chloe (although the Kardashians have about ruined it for me, even with the different spelling)
Ava
Elisabeth
Grace
Maria
Elise
Ana
Danielle
Leah
Nola
Claire

Keep us posted on what you decide...or at least PM the mama if you pick one of our suggestions!

Congratulations!

HIU8
12-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Here are some of my favorite girls names:

Jordana
Jocelyn
Jessa
Juliana
Ilana (and all variations Elana, Alana)
Marin
Elizabeth
Eliana
Orli
Devon
Jenna
Aliyah
Leah (pronounced like Leia from Star Wars)
Lily
Ariana

TxCat
12-27-2011, 11:25 PM
I think all of our short-list names have been mentioned, but here were the ones we were thinking of (and still thinking about if we have a second daughter in the future):

Caroline (DD's name)
Katherine/Kit (nickname DH and I love)
Arianne
Robin (DH's favorite name)
Juliet
Alexandra
Vivian
Annabelle

malphy
12-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Larissa
Marguerite
Willow

Congrats!!!

twowhat?
12-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Our DDs have classic names that weren't popular when we chose them but have been increasing in popularity at an alarming rate! Both names have been mentioned in this thread already.

Others on our list:

Olivia (DH vetoed based on popularity)
Samantha (I vetoed because I know a samantha who I'm not particularly fond of)
Caroline (we both loved this name)
Marabel (nn Mara; I liked this name, DH didn't)

We had a REALLY short list as you can see...we really had trouble choosing girls' names!!

scrooks
12-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Elizabeth
Lily
Charlotte
Juliette (DH's favorite)
Marin
Meredith
Allison
Kathleen
Evelyn
Anna
Sarah
Katherine
Caroline
Megan

hellbennt
12-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Odalys/Odaliz/Odalis (Oh-dallas)

Laura

Daphne

April
May
June
Augusta

Summer

Adelaide
Adelle

Arys (Ar-iss) or (Ar-ees), ar like 'car'

Elyse

Jo..
12-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Leah
Eve
Grace

artvandalay
12-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Nora
Julia
Juliet
Clare
Marin
Marion
Mary
Lauren
Laurel
Maeve

artvandalay
12-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Marabel (nn Mara; I liked this name, DH didn't)

Oh, I like Mara.. interesting name. Maybe I like it because it resembles two of my other choices very closely (see my list above) :)

FTMLuc
12-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Congratulations!

Anna or Anja
Angelique
Beatrice
Catherine
Ivanka or Joanna - same name in different languages, love both ways of saying/spelling
Eleonore
Evelyn - DD would have been that, but DH vetoed
Lauren
Lida (pronounce Lee-da)
Rebecca
Olena/Olenna, it is a version of Helen
Rachel
Penelope
Morgan
Valentina
Georgia /Georgina

artvandalay
12-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Congratulations!

Olena/Olenna, it is a version of Helen

Oh, I like that, too! I just remembered Helene was on our list of names. DH wasn't on board but I thought it was a beautiful name.

dec756
12-28-2011, 11:03 AM
i really like laurel :)

dec756
12-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Lilia--our friends dc name!~

llama8
12-28-2011, 12:26 PM
My 2 DD's are named : Shannon and Caitlin

babychi
12-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Our daughter's name is Maren and we love it! I've seen it on a few lists so far. :) We are expecting our second child next summer, and here is our short list:

Elle
Lydia
Elena
Adele
Elise
Adeline

BabyBearsMom
12-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I like more old fashioned girl names. My list is:

Charlotte
Eleanor
Evelyn
Fiona
Lillian
Penelope

sste
12-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Well, for DD it came down to Clara, Charlotte, Eliza or Maeve (DH didn't like Maeve). I am now very taken with the Wren suggestion that come up in another post if we have another DD some day.

I would also add to the many lovely suggestions above Iris and Isla.

amldaley
12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Since we have already decided and announced DD2's name and this will be our last little one, I am so happy to share a list of names we considered with both DD's!

Mathilda - my first choice (NN Tilly)
Maeve
Claire
Annelli (but not with your last!)
Anika
Aniela (Polish for Angela, pronounced On-Yell-Ah)
Danika
Kalena (Both Haiwaiian & Slavic, means flower)
Liberty (not with your last)
Rowen
Camilla
Idalia (Id-Doll-Ya - My Polish Great Grandmothers Name)
Magdalena
Magdalene (Maggie and Dolly are such a cute NN's!)
Cosette (French, great Les Mis reference, means "little thing")
Collette
Carolina (pronounced like the state)
Penelope (Penny for NN)

Whatever you choose - I hope you find a name you LOVE and many congrats in your new girly addition!

MommyAllison
12-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Here are some of our favorites, including our DDs names and some of our nieces names

Maeve
Adelaide
Isabelle
Evelyn
Jane
Paige
Liesel
Annika
Kate
Eleanor

Our last name is also two syllables ending in -ey, but added to that, it starts with a short A sound. Soooo many girl names end in a short A sound (look at the most popular girl names - Ava, Ella, Olivia, Isabella, Sophia, Emma, Mia, etc) and we can't use them because it just runs together with our last name - so I can sympathize. :) Have fun choosing!

BabyDahl
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Two names I really like that DH vetoed were Kensington and Kennedy. I also like Tatiana, Giselle and Svetlana. Good luck choosing and congrats :)

jbowman
12-28-2011, 05:43 PM
More traditional names (including my two DDs' names):
Stephanie (nn Stevie)
Laura
Nancy
Julie
Alice
Margaret
Elizabeth (nn Ellie)
Suzanne
Jane

and two less-traditional names that I love:
Ilaria
Scotia (as in Nova)

kdeunc
12-28-2011, 05:58 PM
I have quite a few that I really liked that won't be used so here they are. It is funny because this list started before DS1 was born in 2002 and some of the names were really unusual and now they are super popular.

DD is Erin

Kathryn
Lilian
Maeve (DH wouldn't go for this one)
Harper
Bennett
Barrett
Wren
Claire
Merritt
Anna
Grace
Emerson
Kendall
Kinley
Tinley
Paige
Layne/Delaney
Carlisle
Lila
Addison
Callie
Greyson
Camille
Darby
Nora
Colleen
Ellis

lhafer
12-28-2011, 06:02 PM
We just found out on Friday DC#2 is a girl. We have zero ideas in the name department, so I thought y'all could provide some inspiration.

What are you favorite girl names? Maybe your DC's name, or, if you are a DS mom, a girl name you would have used, or maybe something you liked but DH vetoed. All suggestions are appreciated.

For the sake of variety and not biasing your thoughts, I won't tell you what kind of names we tend to like, but our last name is two syllables and ends in -ey, so anything that would rhyme with that (-y, -ey, -ie,-i endings) is pretty much out.

Thanks!

So are any of the names the pp's have suggested striking a cord with you??? Very interested to know!

BDKmom
12-28-2011, 06:20 PM
So are any of the names the pp's have suggested striking a cord with you??? Very interested to know!

Some...some of the ones that are repeated on many of your lists are already names of family members...we have nieces Audrey, Camilla and Meredith. Very interesting to me that a lot of people have listed Maren/Marin, and I have never heard that name before. Of course I mention it to DH, and he turns his nose up, so no help. I tend to lean more towards traditional, but a lot of those are especially popular right now, and I prefer something slightly less common. I would like it to be something people have heard of, but not have 5 in her class, IYKWIM.

My plan is to make a list of the ones that stand out and go over those with DH. We are taking a 12 hour car trip, leaving tomorrow, so I'm sure we will have time to discuss then.

I am so appreciative of everyone's input. I will definitely keep you posted!

And keep the names coming!

trales
12-28-2011, 08:56 PM
We named DD Frances. I love it.

mmommy
12-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Our 3 on our short list for DD were:
Amalia
Uta
Nora

If I'm carrying another girl we'll probably pick one of the two we didn't already use :)

Corie
12-28-2011, 09:27 PM
I have quite a few that I really liked that won't be used so here they are. It is funny because this list started before DS1 was born in 2002 and some of the names were really unusual and now they are super popular.

DD is Erin

Kathryn
Lilian
Maeve (DH wouldn't go for this one)
Harper
Bennett
Barrett
Wren
Claire
Merritt
Anna
Grace
Emerson
Kendall
Kinley
Tinley
Paige
Layne/Delaney
Carlisle
Lila
Addison
Callie
Greyson
Camille
Darby
Nora
Colleen
Ellis

I like quite a few names on your list. I absolutely love unisex names
for girls!

artvandalay
12-28-2011, 09:36 PM
You said you would like something less common- what about Wren? It's been mentioned here already and it was discussed in a another recent thread. I think it's a very unique and feminine name.

Ms B
12-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Too fun!

Before DS came the top contender was Margaux, but we had middle name dilemma. I wanted to use Mirelle (MIR-ay), which is the French version of Miriam and to call her Mimi (one of my fave nicknames). DH thought that was too French. At any rate, I have bequeathed Margaux to the potential future SIL -- turns out it is one of her top three!!!

That said, other faves:

Helen (great-grandmother's name)/Helena/Helene (ay-LAIN, accents over both "e"s)
Corinne/Corinna
Gisele
Manon
Camille
Josee (Jhoz-AY, accent over the first "e") (can you tell I like Francophile names?!)
Phillippa (after the character in the Anne of Green Gables books, not the sister to Kate Middleton)
Diana (again, after the Anne of Green Gables character -- I loved those books!)
Rosalind (after the Shakespeare character)
Marguerite (after the author, Marguerite Henry)
Elyse/Alice/Alyce/Alicia (ah-LYS-i-ah, not uh-LISH-uh)/Allison (my best friend growing up) -- I especially liked Elyse, but Margaux is a wine region and Elyse is a well known wine label, and DH is a wine guy, so a "double wine" name was not an option

Good luck picking! After literally years of discussion (we were married over eleven years before DS arrived and were together over five years before that), DH and I did not have a girl's name picked as of our due date . . . DS coming made it easy because we had a boy's name picked within days of our first discussion about baby names years ago.

KpbS
12-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Our favorites (most have been mentioned already)

Eleanor
Jane
Claire
Frances
Adele
Caroline
Helen
Isla
Molly
Beatrice
Millicent
Mary Katherine
Cecilia
Margaux

rlmomto5
12-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Of course my favorites are my girls names:

Kensley
Katheryn
Sara Abigail

My 2 granddaughters are:

Elle (pronounced Ellie) Harper
Ava Grace

kmm
12-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Kennedy
Alexis
Danika
Mikayla
Ashlyn
Taryn

nfceagles
12-29-2011, 06:57 PM
My first choice for DD, vetoed by DH, was Margaret (Maggie), but I'm very happy with what we named her, Nora. I'm also surprised how many times I saw it on this thread. I like classic names that everyone's heard of, but that you don't see very often.

I do like Maren/Marin, never heard of it before this thread.

smilequeen
12-29-2011, 07:12 PM
My girl name was Cecelia.

I also like
Georgia
Lily
Lila
Nora
Lydia
Eva

Roleysmom
12-29-2011, 07:19 PM
I love that DD2's name - Beatrice - is on many of the lists. I love her name. I also love Wren that people have mentioned. So delicate and interesting but not so different as to stick out in a bad way. Other favorites (admittedly some of these are wagon train names but I love them):

Julia
Juliet
Evelyn
Eleanor
Lula
Etta
Willa
Hazel
Maren
Penelope (almost DD2's name)
Bettina
Annabelle
Opal
Cora
Violet
Lauren

swissair81
12-29-2011, 07:22 PM
My baby's given name is the yiddish version of Pearl, and she is called by a diminutive of that. Of my other daughters names, some version of one of them has been suggested already, and the other is not pronounceable in English.

Another name we have in our back pockets is my grandmother's name (Hungarian). It is spelled Sara, but pronounced Shah-ri.

AJP
12-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Natalia
Markella
Vivienne
Katerina

klwa
12-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Marian/Marion/Miriam

Also Lydia.

DietCokeLover
12-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Anna
Francesca
Laurel
Mallory
Katherine
Janelle
Lonna
Piper
Hallie
Elisabeth

amandabea
12-29-2011, 10:02 PM
I love many of the names already mentioned, but my faves are

Alexis
Caitlyn/Katelin
Aubrey
Evangeline (nn Evie)
Erika (DD once asked me why we didn't name her Erika bc she thought I wa the prettiest name)
Julia
Lauren
Claire

Momit
12-29-2011, 10:07 PM
This is fun since we have a DS so we never got to do a girl name
Lauren
Elizabeth
Amelie or Amelia
Emily
Rowan
Carys
Natalie or Natalia
Julia
Caroline
Charlotte

gatorsmom
12-29-2011, 11:44 PM
I like very traditional names. DH likes very unusual, made-up names so we had a hard time picking out names for our kids. But we both agreed we love our daughter's name, Siena. She is named for the city in Italy where we were married. :love5:

Some of my favorite names are:
Augusta
Claudia
Olga
Helena
Elaine
Clara
Lynnea (pronounced Lynn-AY-ah)
Judith (I think Judy is darling for a little girl)
Clementine (I knew a little French girl named this. She was darling)
Eva
Laura
Gianna- the name of my favorite saint

indigo99
12-30-2011, 12:17 AM
I wanted (still do although I'm not having more kids) a Hattie or Mattie although we probably would have gone with Madeline and used Maddie.
Savannah is great too.

WitMom
12-30-2011, 12:23 AM
So many great names already listed! A few more to consider:
-Gemma
-Arabella (I love, love, love this name)
-Greta/Gretel
-Liesel (another long time favorite of mine)

momof2girls
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Of course my favorites are my girls names:

Kensley
Katheryn
Sara Abigail

My 2 granddaughters are:

Elle (pronounced Ellie) Harper
Ava Grace

Oh I know an Ava Grace (in NJ so I doubt it is your Granddaughter)

momtoonegirl
12-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Mary
Ruth
Sara
Elizabeth
Rose
Anne/Anna
Jane
Emily
Amelia

vdrake71
12-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Lillian
Vivian
Eliza
Veronica

indigo99
12-30-2011, 07:30 PM
BTW, my first and maiden name are both two syllable and end in y. My son's first and last name are both two syllable and end in -en. They even start with the same letter so... I obviously wouldn't rule out names that end in the same sound, especially for a girl.

lmintzer
12-30-2011, 08:41 PM
I have always liked the name Gabrielle. I also like Gabriella with Ella as a nickname.

Green_Tea
12-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Maeve
Frances (nn: Francie)
Anne
Nina
Beth
Caroline
Julianne
Marin
Natalie
Sarah
Jane
Lucy
Lily
Kate
Louisa

vonfirmath
12-31-2011, 12:33 AM
Ruth
Sarah
Elizabeth
Lydia

buddyleebaby
12-31-2011, 12:42 AM
My two girls are Abigail and Evelyn.

Other girls names we liked:
Gracelin (Grace for short)
Lucia
Katelyn
Elizabeth
Alice
Anne
Layla
Michaela
Bethany
Mary

LexyLou
12-31-2011, 01:00 AM
I have always liked the name Gabrielle. I also like Gabriella with Ella as a nickname.

That's my dd1's name...Gabriella, nickname Ella. :)

DD2 is Sofia.

I was realy pushing for Amelia but DH wouldn't allow it.

I also like:

Mia
Maya
Abigail
Etta
Isabella (nickname Iszy)
Lilliana

fivi2
12-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Sylvia
Sabine
Cecily
Violet
Arden
Magnolia
Louise/Louisa
Gwen/Gwendolyn/etc
Linden
Laurel

PAfirsttimemom
12-31-2011, 11:21 AM
When we were having DS1, I liked the name Emma, because it is classic and also a name on my mom's side of the family. When pregnant with DS2, I liked Isabelle, with a nickname of Izzy.

BDKmom
01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Bumping. See update in OP.

boolady
01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
DD has a friend whose name is Paige Caroline.

SkyrMommy
01-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Paige Alexandra, sounds very regal.

DietCokeLover
01-17-2012, 01:21 PM
My cousin's daughter is Paige Allen, which I love.

brittone2
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Paige Elizabeth was on our list for DD (Elizabeth is a family name so it would have had some significance to us).

Paige Caroline?

Paige Meredith? Paige Marion?

Paige Louise?

I'd probably prefer a 2 or 3 syllable MN with it.

BDKmom
01-17-2012, 01:59 PM
I'd probably prefer a 2 or 3 syllable MN with it.

I definitely think Paige needs something more substantial as a MN.

amldaley
01-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Paige...

Allette
Annette
Ashleen (Aisling)
Amara
Collette
Colleen
Devon
Elaine
Josephine (PJ is a cute nickname!)
Juliette (same nn as above)

Green_Tea
01-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Paige Elise K***y.

I love the name Paige!

artvandalay
01-17-2012, 02:25 PM
I definitely think Paige needs something more substantial as a MN.

I agree.

How about Paige Catherine K*****y?

ETA: Ooh, Paige Josephine as PP suggested is very pretty! PJ... cute!!

sweet_pea
01-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Paige...

Amelia
Angelica
Natalia
Rebecca
Georgianna
Justine/Justina
Olivia
Marie
Mikaela
Elaine
Magnolia
Meredith
Virginia
Lucia
Francesca
Fiona
Aurelia
Antonia

AnnieW625
01-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Honestly Paige seems to me to be one of those names that doesn't really need a middle name. I might do your first name or maiden name instead of something random.

Paige Nichole (or Nicole)
Paige Carlin (I actually kind of like the sound of Carlin Paige a little better)
Paige Marie

What helped me was physically writing out the name. A name could look great on a screen or a book but once I wrote it down I either loved it or hated it.

TwinFoxes
01-17-2012, 02:38 PM
I like Paige Elizabeth. If DH is not into that, Paige Evelyn?

ourbabygirl
01-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Lots of pretty names with Paige! My niece is Paige Marie, which I think is cute and classy. :)

mom3boys
01-17-2012, 03:56 PM
For Paige, I would def go with a 2 or 3 syllable middle name.

Here are names we considered (for middle or first, we never got there since we had all boys)--we actually had a 1 syllable first name picked out so were leaning towards longer middle names.

Elizabeth (family name)
Annabeth
Madeleine
Emmeline/Emmaline
Emily
Adeline
Caroline
Isabel
Juliet
Alexa or Alexandra
Josephine
Amanda
Gabrielle
Brielle
Colette
Briony (pronounced "BREE-oh-ny")
Kendall (prob not since your lname start w/K though)

And 3 names I kinda like but would never have had the guts to name my child even if I had a girl:
Clementine
Bronwyn
Paloma