PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy large, clear plastic totes?

ang79
12-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Since we now have way too many toys to keep in our living room, I want to try to store some of them and then rotate through toys every few months when the girls start to get bored with what is out to play with. I'm looking for large clear plactic totes (like the 18 gal. size roughly), with lids. That way I can see what toys are in what bins and I'll just store the bins in the basement when not in use. Normally I try to hit up the after Christmas sales to buy totes and storage boxes, but I haven't made it out to any of the sales yet (hopefully tomorrow I can). Just wondered if anyone has seen large, clear totes on sale anywhere, or where the best place is to get them price wise. Thanks!

PS. If anyone has any other awesome storage tips and knows where to buy stuff to organize with, I'm open to ideas as well!

SnuggleBuggles
12-27-2011, 08:45 PM
IKEA has some usually.

babybell
12-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Target has a bunch on sale right now. Blue and green ones for $6.99. Smaller, clear "white" ones for $4.50 (but they weren't marked in my store, so you might have to scan). I think $4.50 is a pretty good deal, IMO.

ang79
12-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Target has a bunch on sale right now. Blue and green ones for $6.99. Smaller, clear "white" ones for $4.50 (but they weren't marked in my store, so you might have to scan). I think $4.50 is a pretty good deal, IMO.

Thanks, I'm going to try to get to Target tomorrow! How big were the $4.50 ones?

DH is going to kill me when he sees more totes in our basement but I can't handle the clutter upstairs anymore! And after getting water in our basement this fall I now store everything in plastic bins so stuff won't get ruined!

babybell
12-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks, I'm going to try to get to Target tomorrow! How big were the $4.50 ones?

DH is going to kill me when he sees more totes in our basement but I can't handle the clutter upstairs anymore! And after getting water in our basement this fall I now store everything in plastic bins so stuff won't get ruined!

18 gal? Something like that....? 20?

ETA: I just checked and they're 14 gal. A little smaller but does the job. You can compare price per quart or gallon and see what the better deal is. They had tons of sizes and a lot on sale.

mnosky1
12-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I have a million of these - i have too much of the kids out grown stuff in the attic I know but with girls 5 years apart I need to store a lot of stuff for re-use.
My buy price is under $7 which Target has now. i also only buy the kind with locking handles. It might not matter if you just keep in basement but the extra couple dollars is so worth it if you move it anywhere or fill it to brim. id also go bigger for toys- big toys rarely fit in the 20ish gallon bins, such as a little people set- just too awkwardly sized/tall, etc.

Anyway, clear locking/latching lids now are 6 and 6.99

ang79
12-28-2011, 03:23 PM
I ended up getting a bunch of the 14 gal. for $4.50 each. I do have tons of the 18 gal. ones that I store clothes and shoes in but I hate carrying them up and down our narrow basement stairs when completely full! I figured other than our few big Little People sets, most of the other toys are smaller now, so I'll use the smaller clear ones for toys, easier to move around!