PDA

View Full Version : Can you suggest some furniture options for us?

WatchingThemGrow
12-27-2011, 10:13 PM
We've finally got our house on the market :yay: and it looks fabulous. Of course, we have a storage unit full of stuff that will hopefully eventually go into the new house. Problem is....we need new living room and dining room furniture. I'm fine buying used if it is great quality, but I don't know what I should be looking for.

1)Dining room table - currently have a mahogany-finish table that seats 6 that won't be coming with us. We need something bigger for sure. Up to 12-14ish would be great.

2)Living room sofa/chairs - currently have a chaise-style sofa that I love, but it is well worn and won't be coming with us either. I just read the "leather sofa" thread, and I'm game for leather. The house we're considering offering on again, eventually, has a longish living room, so I'm not sure the chaise style would be the best. The fireplace is at one end and the current owner has the TV at the other end of the room. If we mounted the TV above the mantel (too high?) or put it in the corner of the room, we may be able to get away with a sectional, but I wonder how much people like them.

So...while I wait for showings to get our house sold, will you guys offer up your furniture dreams so I'm at least a little more informed when it comes my time to buy something?

SnuggleBuggles
12-27-2011, 10:37 PM
It's so hard b/c taste is so personal! Do you want a table that is always big enough for 12-14 or one with leaves that would normally make it able to be much smaller?

I adore my 3 part sectional. We have a chaise on one end and love seat on the other. It is fantastic when we have company because we can fit so many people. It is just th best place in the house to lounge!

We have liked stuff at Macy's a lot of the time.

LMPC
12-27-2011, 11:40 PM
We bought a nice dining room table at the flea market in the area....very nice and very reasonable. They were able to arrange delivery too. As for the leather couch, there are some nice contemporary furniture places in your area that have great leather pieces that aren't over the top modern. Nice quality. PM me if you'd like specifics :)

Congrats about getting the house on the market!!!