PDA

View Full Version : expedit question

diamond
12-28-2011, 01:49 AM
After reading the expedits I can't wait to get one. There is an ikea an hour away but how to bring it home? We have a honda accord with 2 carseats at back so the trunk is the only place where it would fit. So what size expedit do u guys think will fit inan accords trunk? Also if I were to buy an already assembled one from cl what size one would fit in the trunk? Ty

novmber
12-28-2011, 02:27 AM
I think the ikea website lists the package dimensions so you can figure the car thing! Love expedits. We have a bunch.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Minnifer
12-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Another option, you may want to check w/your local Ikea to see what delivery service they offer - for ex, my local store will delivery to my zip code for $59 no matter what # of pieces, size or weight (and I'm a 40 min drive from there). This way, you can get what you want/need without worrying about what will fit. I checked recently b/c I'm also planning to get an expedit (or 2) soon :)

essnce629
12-28-2011, 04:47 AM
I really don't think you'd fit anything bigger than the small 2x2 unit in your trunk. The boxes are flat but they are as long as the Expedit sides/top, so they'll all be at least 5 feet long (for the 4x2 and 4x4 units). The 5x5 is even longer at 6+ feet.

We have a Mazda 5 and have been able to fit every size Expedit in it, but that's with the carseats removed and the 2nd and 3rd rows folded flat. I'd either borrow a vehicle that you can fold the seats down in (and go without the kids) or use the Ikea delivery service.