PDA

View Full Version : What is MFP?

mollyrryan
12-28-2011, 04:25 PM
I have read a few posts that talk about how well MFP works. What does MFP stand for?

lovin2shop
12-28-2011, 04:43 PM
It is My Fitness Pal, a website that you can use to track your calories, workouts, weight loss, etc. There is an App for it, so you can log everything in with your smart phone. It's really very handy. You can also connect with friends to follow progress, and it really help with motivation! I haven't been on in awhile with the craziness of the holidays, but will be back on in short order! I'm AmyD15 if you decide to join and want to follow people.

Melaine
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Amy's right and it's GREAT! I have never successfully dieted but early this year I lost 22 lbs...IIRC might have been 24. For me that was fantastic results-I was so happy!

TwinFoxes
12-28-2011, 05:06 PM
I love it, and it works (see ticker!) I mostly use the app not the website. I can scan barcodes to enter foods. I also like the social networking aspects. It's so easy. It's basically a calorie counter/journaling device. But I've always heard keeping track of everything you eat helps you to lose weight, and I'm a believer now!

AnnieW625
12-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I am using it too, however I think there is a slight learning curve to it. I have lost 2lbs in three or months and I track almost daily. I keep getting the "you'll weigh ---- lbs in 5 weeks" and never gotten there so if you are already eating the right foods you'll be fine, but finding out what those right foods are has been a huge challenge for me. Plus I still think I am eating too many calories and or not getting enough exercise.

ZeeBaby
12-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Annie not sure how old you are, but as I have gotten older, the only thing that has worked is severely limiting carbs.

mollyrryan
12-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Thank you! I am going to try it. I tried the WW online program, but NEVER used it because it wasn't compatible with my iPhone or iPad, so it was super inconvenient to actually enter stuff. Hopefully it works!