PDA

View Full Version : Hair Help! UPDATE #12

DietCokeLover
12-28-2011, 08:19 PM
DS got a hair cut last week. The stylist sprayed it green, telling me it would wash right out. Well, 9 washes later, and it is still green tinted! I've tried using clarifying shampoo and that has faded it some but it's not gone.

Any ideas? I'm tired of my son looking like a mini jolly green giant!

mikala
12-28-2011, 08:45 PM
One of my friends dealt with this years ago after Halloween and I think the solution involved a hot oil treatment.

I don't know how well these would work but they are mostly home products so could be worth a try:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4795092_remove-semipermanent-hair-dye.html

You might also try calling your son's hairstylist to ask for a pro rec to remove the color since the temporary claim wasn't exactly true. If you don't trust your son's stylist at this point you might call your own.

MamaMolly
12-28-2011, 09:43 PM
This happened to us, too. But it was purple. The stylist cut Lula's hair, asked her favorite color, and quick as a wink DD had purple stripes! I was seriously pi$$ed. It took at least 5 washes for us.

ohiomom1121
12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Eek, that is crazy! 2 things that fade bad color are Pert Plus and a conditioner called Metalex....I think it's made by Clairol. Good luck!

brittone2
12-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I've read about people using dish soap (like Dawn) to help wash out regular semi permanent haircolor quickly. Might not work on the green but maybe worth a try.

Melaine
12-28-2011, 10:47 PM
I think you should call the salon and let them know....that would be frustrating!!

ellies mom
12-29-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm pretty easy going on things like that normally (I may have colored my nephew's hair blue when he was seven) but that would seriously annoy me. Partly because DD's school has a dress code and colored hair is expressly against the dress code and partly because clearly it is taking a lot of washing and with DD's curls I try to keep the detergents to a minimum to avoid drying. It would be one thing in the summer when it can kind of wear off gradually but in the school year when it has to be out "now", I'd be less than pleased.

I'd definitely call the salon to give them a heads up and see if they have any suggestions. If I liked the hair cut otherwise, I'd keep going but make it very clear that they need to skip the color.

DietCokeLover
12-29-2011, 09:47 AM
This salon is near my parent's home and we live 1000 miles away. I have called twice. Once while we were still there and I called yesterday from the road. The girl I got yesterday had an I don't care attitude about the whole thing. I recommended that they not tell people it would wash right out and she snottily told me she would make a note of it. I will call again when we get home and ask for the owner.

TwoBees
12-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Have you tried Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo? (http://www.neutrogena.com/product/anti-residue+shampoo.do?sortby=ourPicks). I have stripped semi-perm hair dye from my hair with this.

boilermakermom
01-19-2012, 09:46 AM
The same thing happened to my nephew's hair a week before our wedding. The stylist sprayed it blue, and it didn't come out. We ended up shaving his head the morning of our wedding.

We tried every shampoo known, including those for chlorine.

DietCokeLover
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
I just saw that my post was active again. Here's an UPDATE. We are one month out from when his hair was sprayed, and I am going to guess 40+ washes. It has definitely faded, but he has spots near his temple area on both sides, that in the sun, still have a green tint.

I am guessing it will just have to grow out. I am still furious about it.

Stay away from spray color at Snip Its children's salons!

MissyAg94
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
I've heard that Prell shampoo can help remove hair color.