PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy an iphone?

mommylamb
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
I need to get an iphone, which is exciting and annoying at the same time. For the last 5 years, I've been using my work smart phone (which has been a blackberry for the last 3 plus years) for my personal phone because I never came close to using my minutes up for work issues and no one cared. Well, in an effort to cut back on costs, and since everyone else in my office carries around both a personal phone (in most cases a smart phone) and their work blackberry, my boss has decided that instead of paying for the blackberry phone and data plans, my office is going to just reimburse everyone for their data plan on their personal phone. We found an app that allows two phone numbers to ring on one phone, so I'll keep my work phone number and it will ring on my iphone with a different ring tone to my personal phone number.

All that is to say, that I'm now in the market for a smartphone. I'm a mac person, so I'm inclined to just go with the iphone rather than a droid or other competitor. I'll just be going with Verizon too because they have the best coverage where I am and where I travel to for work.

I know that there aren't usually deals on iphones anywhere, but I think sometimes there are "buy an iphone, get a $25 target (or whatever store) gift card" type deals. Anyone know of anything like this going on now? If not, I guess I'll just take a trip down to the Verizon store this week.

arivecchi
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
I usually order them online or over their 800 number:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/iphone.shtml

You can ask about promos if you call their 800 number.

ETA: Get any accessories on Amazon. Much cheaper!

AnnieW625
12-29-2011, 11:40 AM
I walked right into a Verizon store on release day and bought mine. We tried to buy one at the Verizon store for DH a few weeks back and they told us that they still weren't keeping them in the store and that we had to have it shipped to us. We ended up getting it at the Apple Store because we didn't want to have it shipped to our home as we aren't home during the day and DH didn't want it shipped to his work. It was pretty painless, but it was crowded. They were able to transfer all of DH's contacts right there in the store and had the associate ready at a set up bar if you needed help getting your phone set up.

Also with Apple you can order online and pick up at your local Apple Store the next morning.

If you still have any type of new every 2 discount with Verizon then you can still use that discount at the Verizon store.