PDA

View Full Version : Hypothyroidism

BabyMine
12-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Please tell me your symptoms and what worked or didn't work to alleviate them.

My blood tests are coming back normal but my symptoms match perfectly. I see my Dr. tomorrow to discuss what to do.

Thank you!

SnuggleBuggles
12-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Unexplained weight gain and inability to simply lose it through diet and exercise. Mood. I never thought my mood was bad but once I got on good meds, I felt so much better (it needs to be adjusted again but for a little while, it was great!). I am due for more bloodwork and I hope that they up my meds just a hair.

KLD313
12-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Make sure they're using the new lab ranges and not the old ones. When I was hypo, in addition to what the PP said I was freezing all the time and so tiredi couldn't even get off the couch. I can't advise on meds because my Dr. sent me hypo by screwing up my meds for hyper (Grave's disease). Also, make sure they're testing the frees and not just TSH.

Tinkerbell313
12-29-2011, 02:16 PM
I am hypo with Hashimotos (ughh!!) So I am always ready for an afternoon nap around 1:30 even after 9 hours of sleep.

For me, what has improved my lifestyle and has alleviated the symptoms...diet. I removed sugars and carbs from my diet and stuck with mostly proteins/meats/veggies/fruits...nothing processed.

I did not do it to lose weight although it has helped...but I feel so much better. I am not losing hair, I am losing weight, I am not exhausted, etc.

Don't get me wrong...I will eat dessert at a restuaurant...we were at the Melting Pot the other night and we got the Ying and Yang Chocolate fondue...mmmmm... and I ate it with the fruit as well as the pound cake and marshmallows!!!

But the changing of the diet has changed my world.