PDA

View Full Version : Health Freedom Alliance?

KLD313
12-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Has anyone heard of them? Reputable? A friend posted this http://healthfreedoms.org/2011/12/14/all-the-vaccines-are-contaminated-every-last-one-of-them/ on Facebook. I was wondering if there is any merit to it. I'm NOT trying to start controversy or anything. Or a vaccine debate. Just wondering thoughts on this particular article.

For the record I vaccinate on schedule to a point. I started out not wanting to vaccinate at all. After talking to our ped I decided to but I never feel 100 percent comfortable with it. I don't do the flu shot and so far I'm delaying MMR. I think I'm going to do it at 18 mos but I may chicken out.

mommylamb
12-29-2011, 06:17 PM
I think any reputable organization should know the difference between the words "where" and "were" and not make that sort of mistake in the first sentence of their article.

KLD313
12-29-2011, 07:00 PM
I think any reputable organization should know the difference between the words "where" and "were" and not make that sort of mistake in the first sentence of their article.

Good point! I'm surprised I didn't notice that.

Cam&Clay
12-29-2011, 08:03 PM
I think it's poorly written and rather inflammatory. My favorite sentence...

"polio was a very rare infectious disease that presented little risk to the public..."

I do not agree, and I do believe that sentences should always start with a capital letter.

KLD313
12-29-2011, 08:47 PM
I think it's poorly written and rather inflammatory. My favorite sentence...

"polio was a very rare infectious disease that presented little risk to the public..."

I do not agree, and I do believe that sentences should always start with a capital letter.

I was focused on the cancer causing parts of the article. I've heard the autism link and I know the story behind that. Vaccines causing cancer has crossed my mind before but I was wondering about the part where they said cancer is in the vaccines and being injected into kids.

mommylamb
12-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I just went back and actually tried to read the article (the first time I just closed it after the first sentence), and it isn't even coherent. It sounds like the rantings of a mad man. As a Jew, I find this statement especially bizarre:

"For Jews who have almost religiously believed in medical authorities about vaccines and poo-pooed those worried about the safety of vaccines, they might want to notice that Hillerman was Jewish."

Does that mean that I'm supposed to take the word of someone just because they were Jewish? Honestly, it makes me pretty uncomfortable how this article specifically singles out Jews.

Now, I'm pro-vax, and I think most of the anti-vax stuff is baloney. But this article seems well beyond that.