PDA

View Full Version : Head's Up: Sunday Dillard's 50% off clearance

Jo..
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Read on another board that 1/1 Dillards will be having 50% off EVERYTHING during its annual sale. Including sale and clearance items.

Now might be a good time to browse their site and note the items you want, so you can check out quickly when the sale goes live and stuff starts flying OOS.

*edited because I got a day ahead of myself*

scrooks
12-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Im not 100% sure but we usually go to this sale (its awesome) but i always thought it started New Years Day? At least in store. I dont know about online.

abh5e8
12-30-2011, 11:06 AM
so online everything is 50% off too? i sure hope so...bc i have to work sunday. wait - it starts tomorrow?

Jo..
12-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Oh shoot. I got a day ahead of myself. It starts on New Year's. Maybe at midnight? (can anyone confirm?)

scrooks
12-30-2011, 02:29 PM
I know my local store opens at 9 am. I will be there when it opens!!!! I have gotten great deals in the past. I would guess online it starts at 12????

Staraglimmer
12-30-2011, 04:56 PM
I thought it was 50% off sale and clearance only. But I'd love to be wrong. :)

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 7/1/12

poohbear
12-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I thought it was 50% off sale and clearance only. But I'd love to be wrong. :)

I'm pretty sure it is sale and clearance only - not the entire store inventory. They will have an ad in the 12/31 paper tomorrow. At least that is what they have done for the last 5 plus years I can remember....
I don't remember if it was online as well, but I believe it might be.

HTH!

BeachBum
12-30-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it is sale and clearance only - not the entire store inventory. They will have an ad in the 12/31 paper tomorrow. At least that is what they have done for the last 5 plus years I can remember....
I don't remember if it was online as well, but I believe it might be.

HTH!

A lot of their sales are for card holders only. Is this one?

kellij
12-30-2011, 06:08 PM
In the past it's only clearanced items; items with red tags. Last year it included floor model/clearanced furniture items too.
It's for everyone, you don't have to use your Dillard's card.
I'm pretty sure last year it started at some point in the middle of the night, it wasn't exactly midnight.
The online shopping was truly a nightmare. Things show that they are in stock, but they are oos. It's really hard to get through, so it definitely takes commitment.
The stores are slammed too. It's definitely awesome, but wear good shows and be prepared to stand in line to check out.

As an aside: Last year the parking lot was so crowded at my mall that I guy hit my car and just kept backing up into it, in an effort to get the parking spot. He was about to drive off and I banged on his window to let him know he'd made a 2 foot scratch on my car. I was so thankful I happened to be standing right there to catch him!

AuGoldie
12-30-2011, 11:21 PM
FYI, I was just checking out their website to see if I was interested in anything and I saw 3 different Melissa and Doug Trunkies for $44.xx so they will be $22.xx during the sale.

scrooks
12-30-2011, 11:34 PM
FYI, I was just checking out their website to see if I was interested in anything and I saw 3 different Melissa and Doug Trunkies for $44.xx so they will be $22.xx during the sale.

I noticed some of these in my Dillards this week...i wonder if they will still be there on Sunday...

Momit
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
I noticed some of these in my Dillards this week...i wonder if they will still be there on Sunday...

Don't places like Amazon regularly have Trunkies around $25-30? Dillards' original price seems high.

hellokitty
12-31-2011, 03:38 PM
So, do we have any idea when their website will go live on this deal? I have a several items in my basket. I live an hr and a half from the nearest dillards, so online is the only way I can shop this sale. I hope that they accept returns at the store.

abh5e8
12-31-2011, 04:57 PM
you just shopped the sale items online, and then those will be an extra 50% off tomorrow? what a good idea...i'll do it tonight and hope it goes live at midnight.

Octobermommy
01-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Dillards sale is live. I had items in my cart already that I was able to purchase. I wanted to browse a bit more but it they are having website problems of course.

Happy shopping

MMMommy
01-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Does anyone know if Dillard's has a price adjustment policy? I purchased a pair of shoes on sale from through their website (but fulfilled by a store) 12 days ago, and of course they are an additional half off now. Can I call customer service to get a price adjustment if it is within 14 days? Do they do price adjustments on items that were bought on sale and then further reduced if it is within a two week time frame? Thanks for any info.

Octobermommy
01-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Does anyone know if Dillard's has a price adjustment policy? I purchased a pair of shoes on sale from through their website (but fulfilled by a store) 12 days ago, and of course they are an additional half off now. Can I call customer service to get a price adjustment if it is within 14 days? Do they do price adjustments on items that were bought on sale and then further reduced if it is within a two week time frame? Thanks for any info.

Searching their website, it says that they do not make price adjustments. Sorry. I hate when that happpens

MMMommy
01-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Searching their website, it says that they do not make price adjustments. Sorry. I hate when that happpens

Thanks for the info.

kellij
01-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the info.

The best you can do is re-buy and then return with the original receipt and pop label. I have the same issue with the luggage I bought my kids. Irritating. I would return and re-buy, but in the chaos of Christmas I think the tags with the pop labels got tossed.

MMMommy
01-01-2012, 03:12 AM
The best you can do is re-buy and then return with the original receipt and pop label. I have the same issue with the luggage I bought my kids. Irritating. I would return and re-buy, but in the chaos of Christmas I think the tags with the pop labels got tossed.

That is a good idea. But they are sold out of my size and color. :(

KpbS
01-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Some screaming deals, but lots of items flew out of my cart :(

ash
01-01-2012, 04:27 AM
It appears that some sale items actually raise in your cart (ex. Cole Haan boots went from sale price of 196.00 to 398.00) to full price and some of the childrens clothes (coats) went up in sale price from 14.99 to 17.99 and did not half in the cart. My cart went up in price once the sale started!

Am I missing something? I followed the "sale/clearance" link...

KpbS
01-01-2012, 04:42 AM
It appears that some sale items actually raise in your cart (ex. Cole Haan boots went from sale price of 196.00 to 398.00) to full price and some of the childrens clothes (coats) went up in sale price from 14.99 to 17.99 and did not half in the cart. My cart went up in price once the sale started!

Am I missing something? I followed the "sale/clearance" link...

I noticed the same things! Very glitchy site.

sea*gal
01-01-2012, 05:52 AM
The site was very tricky and wouldn't display all the sales items at first. Also the prices did go up. Then they seemed to have things worked out, but many of the items I had in my cart and whose prices went up, were sold out when the prices came down. I did get some things I wanted but it was very hit and miss. Lots of food items are out of stock though they are still listed, so be aware.

Melaine
01-01-2012, 08:11 AM
How much is shipping, anyone know? I know, I know....I'm lazy....

sea*gal
01-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Shipping was $8.50 for me.

Momit
01-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Shipping was $8.50 for me.

Me too, on $45 worth of stuff. It's still in my cart because I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Daphnecita
01-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Ebates is 3%

scrooks
01-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I am trying to get out of bed to get to the store by 9. A dillards charge is not required? Correct?

rmrusso
01-01-2012, 09:17 AM
I bought my husband much needed new ties and a sweater vest. The shipping was a killer, but the price of the ties made the shipping worth it.

Happy New Year everyone!

KpbS
01-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Shipping was $8.50 for me as well. Scored on kids shoes and a couple of coats. My store opens today at 10 am. Not sure if I will go.

Melbel
01-01-2012, 09:32 AM
The Cole Haan boots I really wanted went up to full price in my cart. A few other gift type items also went up in price even though they seem "seasonal". Back to the drawing board!

Minnifer
01-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Where are their size charts??? Maybe it's just me but looking at some stuff in women's and kids but no size charts that I can find...

kissmekate
01-01-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm confused... is this on EVERYTHING on their website or just an extra 50% on sale and clearance? I tried to add a couple of pairs of shoes that are just regular price and the price doesn't change.

jvs195
01-01-2012, 10:45 AM
The prices are already marked down - anything under the New Year's clearance. There are some great deals, but annoying that they allow me to go all the way through checkout before they say half my cart is no longer available. I did get some great shoes for $20 (for me) and a Le Top jacket set for DD. All the holiday I wanted was gone.

Melbel
01-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm confused... is this on EVERYTHING on their website or just an extra 50% on sale and clearance? I tried to add a couple of pairs of shoes that are just regular price and the price doesn't change.

I believe it is clearance only. From what I could tell, sale or other reduced priced items that were not clearance did not get the additional reduction. In any event, the reduced prices are shown on the product page and there is no additional discount in the cart.

I ended up pulling the trigger on:

This Waterford Angel ornament to remember DS' classmate who died (brainstem cancer) this Christmas morning: http://www.dillards.com/product/Angel-Ornament_301_-1_301_502708537 ($21 orig. $60)

These DV knee high boots: http://www.dillards.com/product/Daphne.otkboot.blk_301_-1_301_502908288 ($130 orig. $350)

These Lucky booties: http://www.dillards.com/product/Blk-Monk-Bte_301_-1_301_502884061 ($45 orig. $130)

These MK short boots: http://www.dillards.com/product/Michael-Kors-Womens-Burke-Bte-Blk_301_-1_301_502902087 ($66 orig. $198)

I have been needing an update to my black boots that are MANY years old. The short boots may be too high for me, but I figured it was worth a try once I was already in for shipping (the incremental cost is only a few dollars in shipping).

MommyofAmaya
01-01-2012, 11:25 AM
On my way to Dillards, crossing my finger that I find some Alegria shoes on clearance!

hellokitty
01-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Gah, the Sam Enelman rain boots that I had in my cart went back up to $90! That was the main thing that I wanted. I need a nicer pr of rain boots. Oh well. I will pass on this sale. Too bad I don't live closer to a B&M store. It can be a PITA to shop online for things that are sized. Hope you guys find some good deals!

Minnifer
01-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Ugh, I took a total chance on a few tops for me, without any sizing information on the site. And as PPs mentioned, it was *really* annoying that items went OOS but didn't show up as such until the final step - missed out on some cheap Carters pjs and a couple of holiday outfits as a result. I did get what seemed to be a good deal on a few pairs of Stride Rite sneakers for DS. Fingers crossed that everything works out - feeling very nervous that my stuff won't fit and will be a waste of $...

Melbel
01-01-2012, 12:58 PM
DD1 and I braved our B&M Dillard's for a quick 45 minute shopping outing before we had to relieve DH/DS who were leaving for a football game.

It was packed, to say the least. Guards were spacing customers on the escalator to make sure they did not exceed weight limits.

We managed to find this pair of Frye clogs for $75 (down from about $200): http://www.dillards.com/product/Frye-Carson-Clogs_301_-1_301_502932028

DD1 found a T-shirt, a pair of Clarke shoes (women's sizes), jelly bellies and 3 Christmas ornaments all at 75% off. The line in the home section was about 30 people long, but I took our items to the women's section with no line (plus she was prepared with tissue paper to wrap the ornaments).

The purse section was demolished, but I saw women carrying multiple higher end labels (coach, D&B, etc.).

Once my online order arrives, I will decide what to keep and what to return. I love Dillard's big sales, even though they are a bit of work.

ETA: Fragrance and beauty kits are 50% off.

scrooks
01-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I was at dillards a 9 and it was a madhouse. I ran (yes ran) directly to the seasonal section. I scored a fontanini 5" nativity set for $33.xx!! :jammin: it was the one item i was looking for! I also got some childrens seasonal clothing, carters pjs, random cookwear....i think that is it. I do have to take a couple of things back. Overall i was super excited about the nativity.

viba424
01-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Super happy about this sale! For $121 shipped I got a bunch of great shoe deals for myself and DD, as well as two Wacoal bras for $5 each! Thankfully for all the stuff I got it still was only $8.50 for shipping.

Now Ive been sitting here all morning...now I must move on! Im still in my pajamas and have eaten three croissants!!

It was hard, but I decided to stay away from the Steve Maddens because I swore them off a couple of years ago because they made my feet hurt and sweat and I said never again.

For DD
Cayman crocs in pastel pink and red $7.50 ea
http://www.dillards.com/product/Crocs-Boys-Classic-Clogs_301_-1_301_502732934

Stride rite charlotte
http://www.dillards.com/product/Stride-Rite-Toddlers-Baby-Charlotte-Sandals_301_-1_301_502711879?singleProductResult=stride+rite+ch arlotte&ddkey=http:SearchResultList

Fossil Sarah headband $8 prob didnt need
http://www.dillards.com/product/Fossil-Sarah-Headband_301_-1_301_502854801?singleProductResult=fossil+sarah&ddkey=http:SearchResultList

DV Dolce Vita Pilar (LOVE these, have them in black)
http://www.dillards.com/product/D.V.-by-Dolce-Vita-Pilar-Booties_301_-1_301_502819864?singleProductResult=pilar&ddkey=http:SearchResultList

Wacoal bras $5
http://www.dillards.com/product/Wacoal-Cut-Sewn-Underwire-Bra_301_-1_301_502123710

http://www.dillards.com/product/Wacoal-Contour-Bra_301_-1_301_502123657

Puma Maya $24
http://www.dillards.com/product/Puma-Maya-Sneakers_301_-1_301_502816132

gibas23
01-01-2012, 02:43 PM
thanks for the heads up on the wacoal bras. I placed another order, even with another shipping, the bras are dirt cheap

MommyofAmaya
01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
On my way to Dillards, crossing my finger that I find some Alegria shoes on clearance!

Yay.I got some Alegrias for $27.50! With the money I saved I got some Lucky Brand ankle boots ($35) and some red Nurture flats $30 (these are going back b/c the reviews are terrible).

I also got DH some Born & Sperry Top Sider dress shoes for $30. Thanks!

marymoo86
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM
sigh i just want 1 pr of baby shoes that are 14.50 and not going to pay 8.50 to ship. Didn't have them instore :(

zukeypur
01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
It was an absolute madhouse today but totally worth it. I returned some perfume that MIL got for me for Christmas and bought some joes jeans with $45 to spare!!!!!

Melarina
01-01-2012, 11:19 PM
once again wouldn't have known about this if it weren't for BBB...

crazy town in Dillard's today but did get two shirts for me and Christmas clothes for DC for next year and beyond. Cute Dollie and Me set "Santa" style dress for DD and nutcracker sweatshirts which I never see in their sizes.

fivi2
01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Yikes - you guys got me in trouble last night! Major issues on their website, but I bought a ton. Let's hope at least some of it fits. I am very annoyed with their site and wouldn't have put up with it if the deals hadn't been so good!

Binkandabee
01-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the head's up! I headed out at 5 last night (very late, but I cannot take crowds) and still ended up finding a philosophy frangrance set, a new watch and a new purse!

fivi2
01-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Yikes - you guys got me in trouble last night! Major issues on their website, but I bought a ton. Let's hope at least some of it fits. I am very annoyed with their site and wouldn't have put up with it if the deals hadn't been so good!

AARRRGGH!!! Now on hold with customer service... They completely screwed up and charged me twice... I knew there were problems with the site last night and it is completely messed up.

I won't be ordering from them again!

eta: This was absolutely insane... Last night my first order canceled on me. I waited a while, logged in, it kept telling me no order history, nothing was pending, no order existed. So I built it again and it went through. Today I have an email telling me I had two orders. So I just spent 30 minutes fighting with customer service. They canceled the first order, but then she kept asking me what I wanted to do about the second order. wtf? I told her I wanted it. She kept asking me what I wanted her to do. It was bizarre. I just started yelling that I wanted her to do whatever she needed to do to make the items that I ordered show up at my house. I just do not understand what she was asking me. So apparently nothing would have ever shipped if I had not called and told them to ship my freaking order. It was insane.

kellij
01-02-2012, 03:48 PM
They always have MAJOR issues on January 1st. I think they aren't equipped to deal with the increase in traffic. I placed an order yesterday at about 9:30a.m. I tried to cancel all day because I found the same thing in the store. It took until about 5 for it to even show up on my account so I could cancel it. They were really nice the whole time though.

Last year it was almost impossible to even place an order online and it took an hour just to get through for a phone order, so it's better this year, but just still really horrible.

babybunny
01-03-2012, 08:23 AM
thanks for the heads up on the wacoal bras. I placed another order, even with another shipping, the bras are dirt cheap

My bras were cancelled. Boo

sea*gal
01-03-2012, 08:49 AM
My coffee was cancelled too. Gifts for friend and DH.

Minnifer
01-03-2012, 11:38 AM
They cancelled 3 kid items from my order overnight too... but I called and was able to get 2 of them in different sizes from what I had originally ordered (still at the sale price).

fivi2
01-03-2012, 11:41 AM
They are cancelling things from my order also. But they are still in stock onlline... I guess they just don't want to honor the sale price? This is annoying!

Octobermommy
01-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I ordered at 12:11 and had one item cancelled.2 Kitchenaid shears for 3.74. They had them in the store at full price so maybe they were mistakingly marked them. Oh well. I was surprised that the colander I ordered was in stock bc I tried to order 2 and it said they only had 1 left. Very surprised the system was that up to date.

Very happy I ordered shoes online bc the shoe dept was a madhouse with 20+ peOple in line.

viba424
01-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Anybody have orders stalled in the queue? All the stuff in my order says in stock (I ordered early in the day) and nothing has changed. Says In Process. I wonder if it will be one of those situations where it just shows up at my door.