PDA

View Full Version : If you are well-endowed, what casual shirts do you wear?

fivi2
12-30-2011, 12:30 PM
I am having a really hard time with shirts right now. At work, I can do a button up and a jacket, which is okay, but I am having a hard time with casual shirts.

I am very busty (34 g/h ish). I wear an 8/10 pants, and have a bit of a belly.

What shirts do you find work well for you? Links would be great if you have a specific shirt in mind.

TIA

alexsmommy
12-30-2011, 07:16 PM
V-neck or scoop neck look best on me BY FAR. I keep seeing all of these cute sweater dresses/tunics that I want to try but I know better, if the neckline is too high, it just doesn't work on me. I also have a tummy and I have found layering works great to hide it a bit. So the Splendid cowl neck top isn't great on me by itself, but looks awesome as a layering piece. Slightly heavier weight tops work better for me when not layered. No time to link right now, but I'll try to get back to it later.

fivi2
12-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks! I think V neck is okay on me, but I find scoop neck draws attention where I don't want it. I can't do thin fabrics either! (or anything ribbed).

I'll have to look at the cowl neck. What do you layer it with? a jacket?

TwinFoxes
12-30-2011, 11:39 PM
I agree with pp, that a not too low scoop neck looks best. If I wear a crew neck or turtle neck etc, there's just a huge expanse of fabric, I look like a linebacker. I like boden tops because they are scooped, but usually not super low. Also, wrap shirts with a tank or cami look good on me, they emphasize my smaller waist.

salsah
12-31-2011, 04:01 AM
I agree with pp's. I also find woven tops look better than knits. Nothing ribbed.
It can be hard to find tops that fit in the bust without being too large everywhere else. Layering with an open jacket or a cardigan works well for me. I buy jackets/cardigans for layering to fit me everywhere else. Since I don't close them, it is okay that they are too small in the bust. It actually looks better that way (fits in the shoulders, sleeves, waist/hips, length).

GL!

fivi2
12-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the input. I don't think I have any wrap tops - I should look for some of those. I will check out Boden also.

I also feel like I have a hard time with cardigans - they seem to cling weirdly. Maybe I need to experiment with more of those.

Thanks for the advice!

hellokitty
12-31-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree with the pp, and YES those criss cross wrap tops are VERY flattering. I have about 5 of those tops, lol. Basically, most everything I wear is a v-neck. I have some scoop neck stuff, but sometimes I find that it makes my shoulders look fat. I also agree with layering. Wear a more fitted top and then layer it with a more flowy or fitted (but not boxy) sweater/jacket. I feel less self conscious about my tummy (from the side view) when I layer with a jacket/sweater. I have also found scarves to be a very flattering accessory, esp since v-necks can get chilly during cold weather, so it's nice to have some extra coverage. It draws the eye UP and can elongate your torso if you wear a scarf. I've been wearing them for the past two months and have gotten a lot of compliments. I'm wearing them with my normal tops that I've been wearing for a while (but never got compliments on), so I am a believer that accessorizing with scarves is a clever way of changing and dressing up a plain outfit (I don't like to wear a lot of patterns, although I'm trying to force myself to try to do it). This is a really fun video of different scarf ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LYAEz777AU

fivi2
12-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Where do you all find your wrap tops?

I feel like scarves would add too much bulk up top, but I will check out the link, thanks.

I feel like with a scoop neck, that I either look like a medieval bar wench ;) or that my shoulders look round and slumpy, as you said... Even when I was thin, I tend to look round and curvy on top - that is just my build. I do think I look best with a button down and a fitted jacket, but that isn't always practical for weekends - or for summer in Texas!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

TwinFoxes
12-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Boden and Nordstrom usually have them, I've seen them at Target as well. I like this Boden one (on preview now) but I would wear it with a cami underneath:

http://www.bodenpreview.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL645/Womens-Wrap-Jersey-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

For me, the key for a scoop is to buy one that's not too low, and to make sure that it fits. Too tight, and you'll feel you're coming out of it. But I think if you go too loose, that's when you have the slumpy shoulders problem. The seam should sit on top of your shoulder, and not down your arm. This top isn't necessarily my style, but it's the type of scoop I'm talking about, not too deep:
http://www.bodenpreview.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Short-Sleeved-Tops/WL634/Womens-Printed-Henley.html

Although I do see that there's a note that it's lower in reality! So don't buy that one. :) But it should give you an idea.

And this is what I mean by a scoop tee that fits in the shoulders (I picked a plus size tee because I knew there'd be a curvy model)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sejour-rib-knit-tee-plus/3264489?origin=category&resultback=4200

Anyway, I hope my suggestions help. :)

fivi2
12-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks - very helpful!