PDA

View Full Version : How to handle a paypal chargeback?

Jacksmommy2b
12-30-2011, 03:34 PM
I sold a baby wrap to a new mama on The Baby Wearer. I buy/sell/trade all the time and have never had a problem.

This mama was a new mom and new member and we went back and forth for a week before I gave her a great deal on her first wrap. She didn't have any feedback, but after a week of answering baby wrapping questions I felt confident she was fine.

The name on the PP account was Joe instead of Jane, but I see that often on TBW where the PP is under the hubby's name. The email address was an edu address and the woman's name and the address on the PP account was Joe same-last-name so I didn't think twice about it.I got the PP and sent the wrap priority with Delivery Confirmation to the address on the account and it was delivered to her on the 22nd. I didn't get feedback but it really didn't surprise me as she was new to the whole b/s/t thing.

Yesterday I got a message from PayPal that they filed a chargeback through the credit card for unauthorized transaction!

I sent PP the DC# and screen shots of our conversations online, but according to PP I am not covered under seller protection because DC only shows the city, state and zip and not the actual address. I went to the PO rather than print the label online. :(

Has anyone had a chargeback? Is there anything else I can do? Should I send the girl an email and ask her why she filed?

AnnieW625
12-30-2011, 04:29 PM
I would email her because you did your part of the transaction correctly. I have never sold anything so no advice on dealing with PayPal. Good luck!

ABO Mama
12-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Have you tried contacting her via e-mail and on thebabywearer? Maybe try sending a letter snail mail? Maybe contact a mod on tbw?