PDA

View Full Version : 3 across in 2007 honda pilot...

drcarpiodds
12-31-2011, 02:01 AM
We have two marathons that we've been using with our boys... Both latch installed forward facing...

DC3 is due in may, and i'm starting to look into infant car seats and bases...

Any recommendations for the infant seat...

We would like to keep using the MAs and only buy a new infant seat at this time... Would be cool if we could do latch install as well...

legaleagle
12-31-2011, 11:12 AM
We would like to keep using the MAs and only buy a new infant seat at this time... Would be cool if we could do latch install as well...

Not an expert on puzzling but you probably only have 2 sets of lower latch anchors in the second row. Also, you can often squeak out another couple of inches by using the seatbelt because they're mounted closer to the door than the latch anchors.

How old and big are your boys?

drcarpiodds
12-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Not an expert on puzzling but you probably only have 2 sets of lower latch anchors in the second row. Also, you can often squeak out another couple of inches by using the seatbelt because they're mounted closer to the door than the latch anchors.

How old and big are your boys?

Just checked with hubby, and legaleagle you're right... only 2 sets of lower latch anchors in the second row...

The boys are 3 1/2 and 2, 32 and 26 lbs respectively, average height...

Originally when we bought the pilot, when DS2 was born, we figured DS1 would be fine in the third row by himself, and DS2 and DC3 would sit in the second row... but we got to thinking he might get lonesome back there... so then we thought about putting the two boys in the third row, and just DC3 in the second row... but then this affected our trunk space...

SOoooo... this is why we're trying to figure out how to use what we have and purchase an infant seat that will fit, so that the second row will be for seating and the third row can still be used on an as needed basis for grandparents, etc, and mainly for trunk space...

I like the seat belt idea versus latch in terms of making more space... I do however still prefer the latch assembly...

Any recommendations for an infant seat, preferably one with latch/base capabilities for easy snap/go?