PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux ergoRapido?

salsah
12-31-2011, 03:37 AM
i was planning to get the electrolux ergorapido (http://www.amazon.com/Electrolux-ErgoRapido-Cordless-Handheld-EL1014A/dp/B002IAY3N0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325316051&sr=8-1) based on the advice of many here but after I looked at the reviews on amazon, i'm not so sure. it gets great reviews, but there are also a large number reviews complaining about the battery life. Most of the one and two star reviews (and some of the three star) say that it only last a few months.

has anyone here had it longer than a few months and are still happy with its performance?

cntrymoon2
12-31-2011, 04:22 AM
Mine lasted a little less than a year. Now it barely holds a charge and doesn't have much power. I really need to toss it, but it was so stupid expensive that I can't bear to so it sits in a corner in the laundry room. I dont recommend.

KrystalS
12-31-2011, 10:09 AM
My mom has one and it barely lasted a year. First the battery life decreased dramatically, would only last maybe 5 minutes. Now the motor barely runs so theres no suction. Of course I recommended it to her so I feel bad about it!

acmom
12-31-2011, 10:16 AM
My inlaws gave us one as a present so luckily I didn't shell out any money for it! I love the idea of it bc of its ease/size/weight, but it has never worked very well for me. It loses its charge before I can even finish our kitchen/living room area and its suction is terrible. I usually have to pick up any big crumbs by hand or get our our big vacuum bc it just blows them around the floor.

vludmilla
12-31-2011, 10:40 AM
I used to love mine. It doesn't hold much of a charge anymore so I need to return it. Fortunately I bought it at Costco so I can return it.

TwinFoxes
12-31-2011, 10:40 AM
I just got mine a couple of weeks before Christmas and I looked at the reviews and it seemed some models had more problems than others. I do like mine, and if it goes kaput I'll be bummed.

carolinamama
12-31-2011, 10:50 AM
I just got the Ergo Rapido Ion for Christmas. Looks like it has higher voltage than the regular and a lithium ion battery. I am really hoping it lasts for me because I have been using it daily and love it for the kid messes and dog hair.

TwinFoxes
12-31-2011, 06:51 PM
FYI, I just checked on Amazon, and Electrolux offers a 2 year warranty on mine. This is tne one I got (http://www.amazon.com/Electrolux-ErgoRapido-Ultra-Vacuum-EL1022A/dp/B005DSK72A/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1325371818&sr=1-3), which according to the Electrolux site is a step up from the orange one, but right now is less expensive on Amazon.