PDA

View Full Version : What could this be? Lump on DDs side.

khalloc
12-31-2011, 08:13 PM
I was rubbing DDs back this afternoon and felt a lump. At first I thought it was her nipple, but it's not. It's maybe about 1 inch or .5 inche below her nipple and it's more on her side like under her armpit. It's on her upper ribcage I guess. It's the size of a pea. Feels sort of like one of those glands that you can sometimes feel on little kids necks.

I will call the doc on Monday but was hoping someone here might have some ideas.

Thanks!

elephantmeg
12-31-2011, 10:46 PM
it might just be a lymph node but I would def have it checked out!

lalasmama
12-31-2011, 11:10 PM
There's lymph nodes right there. Has she been ill lately?

khalloc
12-31-2011, 11:21 PM
She hasn't been sick with a cOld or anything like that, but has had lots of upset tummies. She goes thru phases with her stomach where she has bad belly aches. Takes after DH I think who could be diagnosed with IBS if he Would own up to it at the doctors.

khalloc
01-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I've been looking online a little.can a lymph node in a childbe below nipple level (but not on the chest, still more under the arm)?? This lump is slightly below nipple level but under her arm or off to the side on the ribs.

The doc is closed today so the soonest I can take her to the doctor to have it checked would be tomorrow afternoon.

khalloc
01-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Bringing DD to the doctors in a couple of hours! Wish us luck!

I am hoping its just a lymph node, but its below her nipple - are lymph nodes there? And she hasnt been sick at all that I can remember. This lump is under the skin, but not part of the bone or anything because you can kind of grab it in your hand and pull it away from the ribs, if that makes sense. She says it doesnt hurt. The skin there is not red or anything.

Gena
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Maybe a cyst?

MommyofAmaya
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Hope you get comforting news for the doc. I hate having anxiety-inducing medical issues on weekends/holidays.

rlu
01-03-2012, 04:36 PM
FWIW, our dog had benign fat cysts (well, that's what I remember the vet calling them, I may be mis-remembering) that could be manipulated without apparent discomfort. Hope all goes well this afternoon.

khalloc
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
FWIW, our dog had benign fat cysts (well, that's what I remember the vet calling them, I may be mis-remembering) that could be manipulated without apparent discomfort. Hope all goes well this afternoon.

My dog has these too. They are called lipomas. Not expecting that in a slim 6 year old though. I just hope its nothing to worry about.

When I first felt it, she was laying face-down on my lap and I was tickling her under her shirt. I had my hand on her side and thought I was feeling her nipple. But it seemed much too raised and hard for it to be that. You can easily see the lump when she takes off her shirt.

rlu
01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Oh, wasn't trying to imply that she has lipomas (thank you) exactly, only that it sounded similar in that it was easily manipulated and was benign.

khalloc
01-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh, wasn't trying to imply that she has lipomas (thank you) exactly, only that it sounded similar in that it was easily manipulated and was benign.

Lol! Thanks. I guess I didn't get that from your last post. But hopefully whatever this is, it's benign too.

MommyofAmaya
01-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Any updates on what the doc said? Now that I think about it DH has several cysts under the skin on random places around his body and the doc said not to worry.

khalloc
01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
The doc thinks its just an enlarged lymph node. She said to keep an eye on it but that she expects it wil take awhile before it goes away. Probably at least a month or more. She said if it gets bigger or if more pop up, the bring her back. She wasn't worried about it just because there was only one. She said it there was a bunch of them she might be more concerned.

Phew!