PDA

View Full Version : just want to brag about dd

malphy
12-31-2011, 11:30 PM
DD is the light of my life and is the only thing holding me to this earth.

Yesterday was her birthday and I did not even have money for food to invite il's over for cake (even though we have a mutual hate of each other). I never want to interfere with her relationship with them because they are her family and she has precious little. They make it so hard for me but I do not want her to suffer.

Grandfather did not even call to wish her happy birthday..

ANYWAY, HERE IS THE BRAG.....

We had a nice day together. B&N emailed me a coupon for a free birthday cupcake(from cheesecake factory) for her. I also rcvd a 40% coupon for a kid's book. We went and she got the book she wanted and had her cupcake. She was so happy! And people all over were so sweet to her because she was telling everyone it was her birthday. A woman even asked if she could give her a hug and I said yes. DD was beaming and said thank you to anyone who wished her well.

We picked out a cake at the supermarket and went home and decorated our kitchen for her birthday party. Her party consisted of me, dh and her. We ate dinner and had cake and then we had party games. It was both sad and adorable that she made us play musical chairs. She was not sad about it and she had fun but I had to try so hard to hide my tears.

She is a special little girl and I thank god for her every.single.day.

thanks for listening.

jenfromnj
12-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Aww, it sounds like she had a great time. I hope that 2012 brings good things for you.

wellyes
12-31-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm so glad she had a nice birthday!

Please hang in there. I know you are having it rough now, but know many people are pulling for you.

LD92599
12-31-2011, 11:48 PM
That is so special and i'm glad you were able to celebrate in a special way.

Hugs!

LMPC
12-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Happy Birthday to your DD!! She sounds so sweet!

Hugs to you! I hope this next year is brighter for you!

Aarohismom
01-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Happy birthday to your DD!! Sounds like she had the best day!!

lalasmama
01-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Happy Birthday to your DD! (And Happy Birthing Anniversary to you too, Mama!)

:hug: I've been in your place before... 2 years ago, DD was turning 6. We'd moved to a neighborhood where we knew no one, she hadn't made many friends at school, her after-care friends were out of town, my sister and I were recently estranged, and I was in a funk. Her birthday party consisted of me, then-SO, my auntie, and my dad. She remembers it as a great party--she was definitely the star of the show! Then-SO played Pretty Pretty Princess with her (she asked for just the two of them to play); my aunt and I sat there laughing at my career-Army-SO decked out in earrings, a tiara, rings, and necklaces (yeah, he's such a girl-dad!). She got to choose everything she wanted, and wasn't denied anything.

I think me and then-SO both cried about it. I sat there thinking, "I'm a failure, I couldn't even pull together a kid's party." I was equally sad seeing that DD didn't really have "friends" to invite over, either. Then-SO was sad for DD, even though she didn't know she was supposed to be sad about not having any kids at her party.

Did I mention she still thinks her 6th birthday party was PERFECT?!

Sometimes, it's the ones us moms think are the worst, the kids remember as the best.

gibas23
01-01-2012, 01:03 AM
she is special. What a nice little girl you have there and it is mostly because she has you as her mommy. You are a wonderful mom and there is more joys to come and let's hope 2012 will be a much better year for you and your family.

malphy
01-01-2012, 01:22 AM
That is so special and i'm glad you were able to celebrate in a special way.

Hugs!

I bet I know you. But in any case thanks for the positive thoughts!

malphy
01-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Happy Birthday to your DD! (And Happy Birthing Anniversary to you too, Mama!)

:hug: I've been in your place before... 2 years ago, DD was turning 6. We'd moved to a neighborhood where we knew no one, she hadn't made many friends at school, her after-care friends were out of town, my sister and I were recently estranged, and I was in a funk. Her birthday party consisted of me, then-SO, my auntie, and my dad. She remembers it as a great party--she was definitely the star of the show! Then-SO played Pretty Pretty Princess with her (she asked for just the two of them to play); my aunt and I sat there laughing at my career-Army-SO decked out in earrings, a tiara, rings, and necklaces (yeah, he's such a girl-dad!). She got to choose everything she wanted, and wasn't denied anything.

I think me and then-SO both cried about it. I sat there thinking, "I'm a failure, I couldn't even pull together a kid's party." I was equally sad seeing that DD didn't really have "friends" to invite over, either. Then-SO was sad for DD, even though she didn't know she was supposed to be sad about not having any kids at her party.

Sometimes, it's the ones us moms think are the worst, the kids remember as the best.

I just cried again reading this, not in a bad way.....................

blisstwins
01-01-2012, 03:12 AM
When you have love you have everything. Sounds like you have a terrific daughter who feels all she needs to from you. You should be proud of her and proud of yourself. Here's hoping 2012 is a good one for you.

lovebebes
01-01-2012, 05:06 AM
reading this just warmed my heart so. they are so special in their innocence.

plusbellelavie
01-01-2012, 09:06 AM
What a sweet story! Your DD sounds as if she is beautiful inside and outside!!

Happy Birthday to your DD!!

And lots of positive thoughts that 2012 is a great year for you and her!!

mmommy
01-01-2012, 09:43 AM

:yeahthat:
I have some memories of amazing birthdays and holidays with my family which, talking with my mother now, I see were an incredible struggle for her and my father and not at all what they wanted for us. But the love was in the home and that is what my brother and I took away from it (and what we've taken into our own families as adults)
While you may have wished to plan something more, please know that you're giving her amazing gifts to take with her into the rest of her life :bighand:
I hope this next year brings happiness and calm to you and your family.

liz
01-01-2012, 10:02 AM
It sounds like your DD had a wonderful day :hug:

MamaMolly
01-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Lula's recent 5th was similar. We'd just moved, were living in a hotel while we house hunted, and knew exactly no one. I felt so bad that I couldn't make her a simPle cake, much less throw the elaborate Rapunzel themed party I'd foolishly hoped for. And then her dad and baby sister were napping when we were going to have cake. I was tied in knots with guilt.

What does she Remember? Getting to pick out any cake she wanted from the grocery store. (I remember I had to come from the middle shelf where the small cakes were). She remembers the thrill of just the two of us 'sneaking' cake while DH and Dolly napped. I remember feeling bad we didn't even have forks, she remembers the fun of using ice cream sample spoons I dug out of my purse and licking frosting off her fingers. And just digging into that cake!

Your DD is going to have sweet memories of her birthday. Try to embrace her joy. They really do need so little to make them happy!

Seitvonzu
01-01-2012, 11:01 AM
what a delightful thing to read first thing on new years day! such sweet little girls in all the comment posts too.

happy belated birthday to your daughter! sounds like such a sweet simple day and wonderful memories!

maylips
01-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I know that you don't think it was a great day but for me, reading it, it sounded perfect. She got special time with you and your DH, and the day was all about HER, not elaborate decorations or excesses of stuff she doesn't really want anyway.

I think she'll remember her day as extra special. I think it was and I wasn't even there.