PDA

View Full Version : What Shoes Would You Wear for Disney

Kindra178
01-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Thinking my Gizehs or Think Sandals. One book I am reading insists that sneakers and hiking socks are the way to go, but I think it will be way too hot. For my boys, I will probably do Keens and/or sneakers, but they won't be walking that much because of the stroller.

fivi2
01-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I used to swear by socks and sneakers, but our last trip to disneyland I wore teva sandals and even flip flops. (They were comfy flip flops) so I say wear whatever you find comfortable! I also like having enough shoes to switch out each day.

smiles33
01-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I rotated between Dansko sandals, Sanuk flip flops, and Keen Mary janes. Since I had to return to the hotel every afternoon for DD'S naps, I switched shoes. Never got blisters, but did get shin splints.

Are you going to WDW or DLR? Dry heat in CA means I'd be more willing to wear sneakers and socks. There is no way I would want to trap my feet in socks in humid FL heat!

Have fun!

hellokitty
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM
When are you going? We just went in the past two wks and I brought crocs (for the pool), my running asics with insoles and my favorite birkies. Well, I wore the birkies to DTD and figured out right away that they wouldn't cut it at the parks. I wore my asics every day at the parks. My feet were tired, but not sore. The weather was btwn 70-80 degrees while we were there and it was ok with sneakers. I can understand not wanting to wear sneakers in hot weather though. Basically, you need a supportive shoe. I walk really fast and for me, the sneakers worked out best, and not just any sneaker, I brought my worn in running shoes. If anything, the main importance if bring a couple prs of comfortable shoes that are already broken in. The worst thing you can do is bring brand new shoes.

TwinFoxes
01-01-2012, 08:58 PM
I wear various sandals. But I find sneakers and socks uncomfortable.

crl
01-01-2012, 09:33 PM
We went for Thanksgiving 2010 and I alternated relatively dressy pairs of Merrell sandals and teva sandals. I hate socks and will wear sandals when the high outside is in the 50s so there was no way I was wearing socks and sneakers or hiking shoes. My sandals worked out just fine.

Catherine

mommytoC
01-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I've worn Birkenstocks or Crocs (trip #1, while pregnant with DD#2) or Ahnu mary janes or sandals (trip #2) for our February trips.

Kindra178
01-01-2012, 11:05 PM
When are you going? We just went in the past two wks and I brought crocs (for the pool), my running asics with insoles and my favorite birkies. Well, I wore the birkies to DTD and figured out right away that they wouldn't cut it at the parks. I wore my asics every day at the parks. My feet were tired, but not sore. The weather was btwn 70-80 degrees while we were there and it was ok with sneakers. I can understand not wanting to wear sneakers in hot weather though. Basically, you need a supportive shoe. I walk really fast and for me, the sneakers worked out best, and not just any sneaker, I brought my worn in running shoes. If anything, the main importance if bring a couple prs of comfortable shoes that are already broken in. The worst thing you can do is bring brand new shoes.

End of March.

georgiegirl
01-04-2012, 02:32 PM
I wore teva sandals. Super comfy. I only wear them if I need to walk a lot in hot weather. They are pretty dorky, but for walking around Disney for a week, they are perfect.

elektra
01-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I think the Gizehs would be perfect. You might want to bring sneakers too just in case you feel like you need more support.
But if you are used to wearing sandals/flip flops a supportive sandal like the Gizeh would work really well IMO.
I personally am much more comfortable in no socks.

KHF
01-04-2012, 02:52 PM
We just got back from Disney. I alternated between Crocs (the originals), Crocs Athens flops and my adidas running shoes. The original Crocs were, by far, my favorite. Definitely a style-negative, but comfy. And that was more important to me. I did draw the line at no fanny pack :)

cono0507
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
We were there last February. My kids wore their Keen sandals every day. I wore birk sandals and flip flops. I feel like I get too hot wearing closed shoes and socks in that humid weather.

DrSally
01-04-2012, 03:27 PM
In nov, i wore birks, and was surprisingly fine. Mine have the real cork footbed, so i was a little worried it would rain, but i didn't think flip flops would cut it. I was a little worried about getting run into by strollers with exposed ankles, but the only person who did that to me was DH!