PDA

View Full Version : Looking for white duvet cover - suggestions?

erosenst
01-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Three years after getting our new mattress, finally getting duvet and cover big enough to fit it. (Better late than never?)

Ideally, I'd like a white-on-white pattern of some type. I'm open to pretty much anything other than stripes (our headboard has somewhat of a spindle pattern, so would fight it). We have a lot of geometric shapes in our house, so something along those lines would be perfect.

Best I've found so far is this. http://www.westelm.com/products/square-tuck-duvet-shams-b556/?pkey=cduvet-covers. (Hmmm...when I went to get the link, it's on sale....that may be trying to tell me something!) Since it's hard to ship back, want to make sure that it's really the best option before I order. (Now that I type that - guess it's only the duvet itself that's hard to ship back. May order while on sale and send back if I find something better.)

Any suggestions?

willow33
01-01-2012, 04:53 PM
We have this white one from DKNY:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=122234

But I really like the West Elm one you posted!!

nupe
01-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I have loved the Peacock Alley duvets and bedding I bought almost 10 years ago. Using it itermittently so don't really know how long it holds up, but it is really soft cotton!

http://www.peacockalley.com/luxury-bedding.html?a_product_type=97

ETA: I didn't realize that some of their duvet covers retail for $$$. I recall paying less than $200 for a cotton queen duvet cover.

maylips
01-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm not in the market so I haven't looked, but Garnet Hill is having a white sale right now if you want to browse. I like that West Elm one, though, too!

Seems like Anthro had a white one with cool gathers on it some time ago as well.

octmom
01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Buy the West Elm one! It's very nice and ON SALE. It was meant to be. :wink2:

SASM
01-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Not exactly high-quality but IKEA usually has white background with geometric patterns. Also, Company Store or Restoration Hardware, also Resto's style has changed drastically since I worked there.

ETA: LOVE the West Elm one!

erosenst
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the input...decided to order the West Elm one. Think it will be great, and still haven't found one I like better.

Willow - saw some similar to yours, which I love. Am still concerned about the 'lines' in our room, however. Nupe - glad I didn't love any at Peacock Alley ;). Maylips - hadn't thought of Anthro - thanks. They did have one similar, but doesn't come in white (and is twice the price!) Octmom- yup - I agree! SASM - had tried Ikea and Company Store - nothing. Looked at Restoration after your suggestion - unless I"m looking wrong, they no longer have duvet covers.

amldaley
01-01-2012, 10:17 PM
We have a white one white striped duvet cover from Overstock which we LOVE! I would always check there first before paying retail.

twowhat?
01-01-2012, 10:25 PM
We have a 100% cotton diamond-patterned matelasse duvet cover that I got off the clearance shelf from PB. It is white, thick, soft, has held up great, and has washed great. My only complaint is that I wish it were wider to cover our king bed with thick mattress better...but I have not been able to find anything else that really works.

This is similar:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/cameron-organic-matelasse-duvet-cover-sham-white/?pkey=e%7Cmatellase%7C11%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C 10&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

erosenst
01-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Amdaley - looked at Overstock, but didn't find anything. Have gotten sheets there several times though.

Twowhat - There are an increasing number of supersized or oversized king duvets/covers - that was our issue. The one I got is 108" wide. While it doesn't quite cover both sides of the 'overhang', it covers one to the bedrail and the other 4-6". Since only one side of our bed is visible, it works well enough for us. Got a great deal on a down alternative one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VIWCY0/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details.

twowhat?
01-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Twowhat - There are an increasing number of supersized or oversized king duvets/covers - that was our issue. The one I got is 108" wide. While it doesn't quite cover both sides of the 'overhang', it covers one to the bedrail and the other 4-6". Since only one side of our bed is visible, it works well enough for us. Got a great deal on a down alternative one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VIWCY0/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details.

The one we have is oversized - 108 inches. It just bugs me that it doesn't have enough overhang to cover the mattress evenly on both sides of the bed since our bed is in the middle of the room and there's a bench/sitting area on one side, so both sides are looked at regularly. Bleh. When we were selling our old house, I draped the duvet so that it was longer on the side that was visible from the bedroom's entrance...the photographer ended up taking pics of both sides! I'm sure maybe only a couple of people noticed in the listing photos, but it drove me nuts! LOL!

erosenst
01-02-2012, 08:59 PM
TOTALLY get that it would bug you. Fortunately, DH's side of the bed is the one with the short overhang ;). Other than to open/close the window treatment, there's no reason anyone else would be on that side of the bed. (OK - and to make it - but no one would *look* at it from there.)

Jen841
01-02-2012, 10:01 PM
We got ours there last spring.

Tondi G
01-03-2012, 01:14 AM
I think the West Elm one looks really nice. I have to say though that I was in a west elm store that just opened near me and I was kind of disappointed in the fact that their bedding is mostly 200 thread count and a lot of the duvets and sheets felt kinda rough. I liked another duvet set and was glad I had the chance to feel it before I pulled the trigger.

jerigirl
01-05-2012, 12:16 PM
I got an email from WE today for an additional 20% on mark downs. SALE2012 is the code. Maybe you could get a price adjustment??? The sale is for 5 days only...